Technika 24-621

D1GG3R

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Technika 24-621 23.6 inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV DVD Combi with Freeview & USB Player..

Bought my daughter one on these from tesco for christmas.. She goes to switch it on last week and the thing is totaly dead.. no lights, no power, no nothing!
I checked the plug fuse and it tested fine..

so I phones tesco and sure enough they came this morning with a brand new replacement TV... BUT they havent taken the old one? its still here with me!

Does anyone think this could be fixable??

any pointers on what to check if i open it up??

cheers
DiGG

if totally dead then its good chance the power board is at fault
have a look for blown caps or any dry joints on that first

Quite a lot of the time there are secondary fuses inside the tv set, on the circuit board, maybe it's as simple as one of those thats blown.

I dont believe this!!!

ive set the new TV up tonight for the daughter. wall mount and all that.

Plugged it in and switched it on............................ ****ING DEAD! :Angryfire

Thats right.... the replacement TV that came today is dead!!! exactly the same as the other..

changed the plug fuse just in case... but its dead!!

Back on the phone to Tesco first thing!!

out of interest... did anyone read my post on the Blade 7000s in the sat section?? if not go and read it... you'll piss yourself laughing after this!!

Just out of curiosity try the socket with a lamp or something to make sure it's not that.

When you say switch on mate you mean at the wall mains or the switch on the tv
On my boys tecknika switch is on the side

Sent from my iPhone

When you say switch on mate you mean at the wall mains or the switch on the tv
On my boys tecknika switch is on the side

Sent from my iPhone

the switch on the TV mate... the first one was on the bottom. The second one is on the side.

again tried in a different room and the second one is dead.

another new one getting delivered on monday... if this one plays up im having a refund!

Ive had 2 Technika TVs in the past 19"/22"
1st 1 the DVD just stopped working, out of warranty

second one is still going strong now, must be 2 years old now maybe a bit more

you maybe just getting some bad luck :(

I am looking for the user manual of Technika 24-621 23.6 inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV DVD Combi with Freeview & USB Player. Does anybody know where to find it.

Back