Technical topic solo2 clone (please only technical talk)

Can you tell if it's the same board that you sent out? Wonder why they've also replaced that chip with a daughter board and oscillator? Can you post the part numbers of the new components on the daughter board?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

This is not the same board as I sent out. I don't know if it takes the latest drivers, I was told not to update, my previous board got bricked with the latest drivers. The chip has all the numbers grinded off, I can only see the numbers on the oscillator if I open the box again. Like the previous board this has no identification on it.

Its a Dragonboard look at my pictures...

Im a bit confused now ... my board did get bricked with the easter time bomb, I did have an original image on it with the latest drivers, it did accept all images I tried. I thought that was not possible with the dragonworth solo2? But it looks exactly the same, with the little white round sticker and the "tearing up to void" sticker.

Were you able to update this board to V3?

The strange thing is that Dragonboards lately also got bricked...I dont know know why and how....The Chinese say you have to do the V3 update,ive putted somewhere on the,then you should be safe...

Looks like same as Lorinsun,

You are so right !

The original vu products by the way are poorly designed as well they require proprietry broadcom BBS tools/JTAG to restore corrupt bootloader. So if you own a genuine box and your out of warranty you have to use unofficially obtained BBS tools software to fix a corrupt bootloader...

Omni

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have some quick questions regarding the change of the chip inside the solo2. I'm inspiring from the below youtube video to replace the chip:

how to replace a flash on VU SOLO 2 - YouTube

It's important to detail i have some background in soldering chips and i successfully changed one chip on a solo2 already. Maybe i was lucky, i don't know.

The question is: it is absolutely not working for me when i'm trying to reproduce what the guy is doing on the video (see as from 1min). For my part, the iron still stick all pins together and i can't get it clean as he does. I have the feelin that i'm using the same iron tip as him (45° 1mm).

I'm using the soldering station:

2702A+.jpg

So i don't know what is the issue:
- Am i not using the same iron tip as him?
- Am i using the soldering station at wrong temperature? (too high or too low ?)
- Am i using wrong iron?

I'm using this iron tip: LF-1BC
1bc_thmb.jpg

Regarding temperature, i'm using around 300°. Don't want to go too high to avoid pins burning/jumping from the PCB.

Thanks for your advices!

Hi all,

I have some quick questions regarding the change of the chip inside the solo2. I'm inspiring from the below youtube video to replace the chip:

how to replace a flash on VU SOLO 2 - YouTube

It's important to detail i have some background in soldering chips and i successfully changed one chip on a solo2 already. Maybe i was lucky, i don't know.

The question is: it is absolutely not working for me when i'm trying to reproduce what the guy is doing on the video (see as from 1min). For my part, the iron still stick all pins together and i can't get it clean as he does. I have the feelin that i'm using the same iron tip as him (45° 1mm).

I'm using the soldering station:

View attachment 82763

So i don't know what is the issue:
- Am i not using the same iron tip as him?
- Am i using the soldering station at wrong temperature? (too high or too low ?)
- Am i using wrong iron?

I'm using this iron tip: LF-1BC
View attachment 82764

Regarding temperature, i'm using around 300°. Don't want to go too high to avoid pins burning/jumping from the PCB.

Thanks for your advices!

Slightly off topic from chip changing.

Been reading a lot the last couple of days and if vu have ever released the source to the drivers causing the problem I can't find it in their repo.

So, it's not the bootloader or the kernel at fault.

Can we not build a new image from pli using generic drivers if available.

Or seeing as all these images are based on clones of dm software why is there no images using Opentv free86 these boxes are not limited to the extents of the old hardware their software is based on.

I just woke up this morning to find the spinner on screen rebooted and i now have all the signs of a bricked solo2 anyone got a chip for sale and who can fit it

Has anyone successfully restored a sabotaged flash chip (coz let's not beat around the bush, Vu+ have actively sabotaged non original equipment) using the JTAG / Cypress method, or is chip change the only way forward to revive our clones?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Back