TapATalk is good, but...

Shindig

DW Regular
Reaction score
Tapatalk fills a portable void, when you want to visit the board using a tablet or smartphone.
But you lose that whole, feeling of visiting the board and getting an overall feel of whats going on.

You join a forum for the community aspect and I feel that tapatalk removes that. Nothing better than visiting the actual board in its full glory and seeing whats what.

Anyone understand what I mean and get the same feeling?

LOL

I do get what you mean

I very rarely post via tapatalk but browse a lot

I agree completely with the original poster @Shindig.

I do use Tapatalk 2 allot when I am not at my computer, It's good for quick and easy messages!

100% Tapatalk has a place, I just also feel that I do not get the whole feel of the site from tapatalk, more just a quick way to communicate on here.

One thing I really like about tapatalk, is that I usually have my phone next to me when on the PC... and it buzzes when someone posts a reply or messages me, I can instantly view the thread on my pc because of the notifications, just by glancing at my phone!

Mick

Last edited:
its handy for browsing if your on the move, but i prefer the old fashioned way.. :)

Just bought tapatalk2
Like anything new its a bit strange but sure ill get used to the new features :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Tapatalk 2 is much better than the first one...

I am using it now, it's very good.

I completely understand what @Shindig means regarding the feel of the forum from a browser.

But I do use tapatalk allot and it helps me keep up to date on the forums :)

Mick

Last edited:
you guys know that tapatalk 4 beta is available for free. Loads better then V2.

I cant find tappatalk 4 the play store just tells me I have tappatalk installed

i Paid for tapa talk 2 years ago, does this allow me to free upgrade to newer version or are they after more money.

@Napster.

You paid for Tapatalk, 2 years ago?
OR
You paid for Tapatalk 2, years ago?

Not being pedantic, just not sure what you were getting at.

(TT)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Napster.

You paid for Tapatalk, 2 years ago?
OR
You paid for Tapatalk 2, years ago?

Not being pedantic, just not sure what you were getting at.

(TT)

LOL just read my post again i can see what you mean i paid for tapa talk over two years ago, does this entitle to upgrade for free or will they want more money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on what version is giving you pain (lol).

TT2 is a paid for upgrade as its a different type, however once you have paid for a particular version of TT, you should get all updates within that one free.

(TT)

Back