Sunray 800HD - Newbie setup help

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just got my Sunray 800HD delivered today.

Out of the box I just tried a scan on 28.8 and only getting a few channels.

Any ideas how to get this box up and running please?

Presuming your using a functioning dish then what have you got your tuner setup like,
Is it a fixed dish or a motorized one m8

Its a fixed dish and functioning as I got sky which was the only free channel that was found and worked.

Have you gone to the tuner config and selected astra 2 ?

I am going on to manual scan and choseing 28.8 and single satellite scan rather than single transponder

I've found itv HD, discovery, animal planet and few others which show no picture/audio.
It only scanned/found 70services.

Last edited:
I am going on to manual scan and choseing 28.8 and single satellite scan rather than single transponder

But did you setup your tuner first m8

Menu-Setup-Service Searching-Tuner Configuration

Dont do a manual scan, do an automatic scan ?

I don't even bother scanning after i've set the tuner, i just load "Rats" bouquets/Channls, (FTP them over using DCC) and then the brilliant "Channel updater" (By Rat!..) for any new ones should i have an old channel listing.

I don't even bother scanning after i've set the tuner, i just load "Rats" bouquets/Channls, (FTP them over using DCC) and then the brilliant "Channel updater" (By Rat!..) for any new ones should i have an old channel listing.

Snap :)

It's amazing not having to scan oh rat we love you lol

Oops' i Think i mean "DreamBox Edit" not DreamBox Control center, all though i can imagine you can do them that way, Once you open "dreambox edit" then just load "rats" channels and listings and then FTP them to the box, for the benifit of the tape, lol, Ian/James..... can you use dreambox control center. ? i've never done them that way, just using "dream box edit" but defo not scanning for them, just takes ages when you quickly can put them all on.

Thanks everyone - all sorted!

Now I need some homeplugs for wireless internet connection to my box.
Can anyone recommend any?

Currently my internet is down, so using my phone but I am assuming the homeplugs on a 5mb service will be sufficient?

What solved the initial problem m8 ?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Whatttttttttt. :eek: Theres a way of getting channels without the initial scan ? How does that work ?
Scanning is the biggest pain in the arse when i flash a new image.

as said just load a channel list on :) there are plenty out there now

if you check my siggy you will see a channel list (UK) and also a plugin that you can download the channel list from direct from server to box :)

Thanks for the response guys.

Right what I did to get the channels was on the service searching page, I went to advances and chose single satellite > Astra 28.2E. Pressed OK and that done the trick.
Before I was using a single satellite on just the normal search page.

I am off to currys/pc world in a couple hours to get the t-link powerline homeplugs.

Hopefully should be up and running soon!

How will the USB stick work?
I have just found an old D-Link one which I connected to it but how will I use the GUI to find the wireless networks and how will it install its drivers onto the box?

Back