Summer Transfers 2007

if i want then a ;)

its good i will continue to read it regardless, but you all must understand we have read that every player has been linked with someone so far.

The papers have no football stories like matches, stats, fouls, diving (PMSL), general football stuff and they need to fill there back pages and make people buy papers and thats with bollox lol.

i think that 90% of the stories are made up, 5% has a hint of truth... and 3% are players on the move but unknown locations so also made up between the best 2-4 that will suit a player, and 2% are true.

Regards
Mickie D

ok why not try everybody that wants to to do a list of there own to say who is going and to who and at the end see who got the most correct

Liverpool could set their sights on £16m Diego Forlan rather than Barcelona's £35m-rated Samuel Eto'o. (The Times)

David Beckham has snubbed a last-ditch attempt to persuade him to stay with Real Madrid. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United have been told they will need to stump up £40m if they want to buy Carlos Tevez. (Daily Star)

But they are only willing to pay £12m, with Inter Milan prepared to splash out £34m on the Argentine. (Independent)

Newcastle are interested in signing French winger Ludovic Giuly from Barcelona for just £1.5m. (Daily Mirror)

David Nugent has told Everton he will not wait all summer to clinch a move to Goodison Park. (Daily Mail)

Lyon could start an auction to sell Florent Malouda, with Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and AC Milan all interested. (Daily Express)

West Ham are chasing Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe and Liverpool frontman Craig Bellamy. (Daily Mirror)

Tal Ben Haim is willing to turn down Chelsea to sign for former Bolton boss Sam Allardyce at Newcastle. (Daily Express)

Everton could offer Gary Naysmith and even James McFadden in a bid to land Sheffield united captain Phil Jagielka. (Daily Mirror)

Man Utd defender Gabriel Heinze says he would consider an offer from Barcelona. (Daily Star)

Wigan are confident of tying up the signing of former Chelsea right-back Mario Melchiot on a free transfer. (The Sun)

Sunderland are favourites to sign Neil Lennon after he turned down Wycombe. (The Times)

Aston Villa are lining up a move for Hamburg's Holland international midfielder Nigel de Jong. (Daily Mirror)

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp has made Middlesbrough's former Pompey striker Yakubu his top transfer target. (Various)

Keith Gillespie is set to snub Bolton in favour of a new improved contract at Sheffield United. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United winger Jamie Mullan is poised to join Leeds on a free transfer. (Daily Mirror)

Paris St Germain boss Paul Le Guen is battling with Portsmouth and Lyon to sign Wigan striker Henri Camara. (Daily Record)

Garry O'Connor's agent claims the Lokomotiv Moscow striker would relish a return to British football. (Daily Record)

Hibs boss John Collins has been warned he will have to break his wage structure to land Celtic keeper David Marshall. (Daily Record)

The Very Early Morning Gossip

11 June

TEVEZ TO SNUB MANYOO...OR TO MOVE THERE
Carlos Tevez is set to snub ManYoo by moving to Inter Milan instead. Then again, the Argentine could be about to snub Inter by declaring he wants to stay in the Premiership. Confused? Well, so are this morning's newspapers.

Although the papers agree that ManYoo want to sign the West Ham/MSI striker, The Daily Telegraph believes that 'Sir Alex Ferguson looks like losing out to Italian champions Inter Milan in the race to sign Carlos Tevez.'

The Premiership champions have previously been reluctant to sign the Argentine due to the murky nature of his ownership. It's thought that they would prefer to sign Tevez on a season's loan - a prospect that has not impressed the player. 'Tevez, apparently, has told sources that he is not keen on a temporary move to United and would prefer to join Inter instead,' notes the Telegraph.

However, The Guardian remains convinced that Tevez could be moving to Old Trafford. In a direct contrast to the Telegraph report, it announces that 'United are increasingly optimistic of pulling off the deal' and 'Tevez would look favourably upon a move that takes him to one of England's leading clubs.'

In short, nobody really knows what is going on.

IS RAFA BENITEZ SHORT ON CASH?
Is George Gillett and Tom Hicks' honeymoon at Liverpool about to be dramatically terminated?

The Liverpool Reds have been surprisingly quiet in the transfer market this summer and The Times reports that the reason is very simple: a lack of significant funds.

Despite earlier claims that Rafa Benitez would be given around £40m to spend, the newspaper reports that Benitez has been forced to 'revise his list of forward targets' after 'concluding that he does not have the funds to compete for players such as Samuel Eto'o and Carlos Tévez.'

'Barring any sudden indication from the Americans that Eto'o falls within the club's price range, Benítez is likely to pursue a series of alternative targets who would cost about half the £35 million Barcelona want for their sought-after Cameroon striker.'

The upshot could be a bid for Diego Forlan.

Yes, the Diego Forlan of misfit ManYoo fame. The Liverpool fans are going to love that.

The newspaper describes the striker as 'figuring prominently in Benítez's thoughts', but adds that 'Diego Milito, who scored twice in Real Zaragoza's 2-2 draw against Real Madrid on Saturday, has also been considered, while Benítez retains an interest in David Trezeguet, of Juventus, and Darren Bent, who will leave Charlton Athletic after their relegation from the Premiership last season.'

TOON CONTINUE TO GET BUSY
Meanwhile, The Times describes Newcastle as 'confident' that they will sign both Ben Tal Haim and David Rozehnal this week.

Tal Haim is available on a free transfer from Bolton while Rozehnal, another defender, should cost around £3.3m from Paris Saint-Germain.

POMPEY BACK IN FOR OLD BOY
The Sun says that Portsmouth are ready to bid big again to bring Yakubu back to the south coast.

Pompey desperately need a striker and offered Boro £10m for the 24-year-old in January, with The Sun reporting that 'Redknapp will now try again to land the man who hit 35 goals in 2½ years at Fratton Park.'

NUGENT WANTS OUT OF PNE
Another striker on the move is David Nugent. Despite Everton refusing to firm up their interest in him, Nugent is determined to leave Preston North End.

"Everton is my favourite club, but if that doesn't happen then I'm not going to hang around waiting," he declared this weekend. "I need to play in the Premiership."

AND THE REST
Wigan hope to sign former Chelski full-back Mario Melchiot this week from French club Rennes...West Ham are attempting to bring Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe back to Upton Park. The Hammers are also chasing Liverpool's Craig Bellamy...Everton are willing to offer Gary Naysmith and James McFadden to seal a deal for Sheffield United midfielder Phil Jagielka...Aston Villa are lining up a move for Hamburg's Dutch midfielder Nigel De Jong but face competition from PSV and AZ Alkmaar...Manchester United winger Jamie Mullan is set to join Leeds on a free transfer when their transfer embargo ends...

...Ulises De La Cruz will hold contract talks with Reading boss Steve Coppell when he returns from Copa America duty with Ecuador...Keith Gillespie will snub an offer from Bolton to sign a new deal with Sheffield United...Hull boss Phil Brown has told Seth Johnson he must prove his fitness if he is to seal a £500,000 move to the club from Derby...Celtic are prepared to hold off until the last minute before swooping for Kilmarnock striker Steven Naismith...West Brom have identified Hibs full-back David Murphy as a potential replacement for Newcastle target Paul Robinson.

bargain of the summer possibly

Newcastle are interested in signing French winger Ludovic Giuly from Barcelona for just £1.5m. (Daily Mirror)

ok why not try everybody that wants to to do a list of there own to say who is going and to who and at the end see who got the most correct OH AND MANUTD ARE SHITE

go on Dave lets do that you start an new thread plz and yes davvid you are correct

Last edited by a moderator:
Henry's agent blasts Barca talk

Henry's agent blasts Barca talk

Thierry Henry's agent has reacted angrily to reports in France saying the Arsenal striker has agreed to join Barcelona.

Tuesday's edition of France Football claims Henry has consented to sign a three-year deal with the Spanish giants.

However, agent Jerome Anderson has dismissed the reports and is now threatening legal action.

"The story is absolute rubbish," Anderson was quoted as telling Sky Sports News.

"I can categorically state that I have never met or had discussions with anyone from Barcelona."

"The story says I met with them in the South of France. The fact is I haven't been to the South of France for years.

"I will be seeking legal advice over this story."

Henry's future has been the subject of intense speculation again in recent months despite him signing a four-year deal with The Gunners last summer.

Barcelona have made no secret of their admiration for the Frenchman, while Milan have also been linked.

However, Arsene Wenger guaranteed that his talismanic captain would not be sold last month, while Henry has assured fans previously that his future remains in London.

The `It`s A Lovely Morning` Gossip

DROGBA PUTS HIS CHELSKI FUTURE IN DOUBT
Expect a 'I never said them things' denial at any moment, but Didier Drogba is quoted in The Sun saying that he is ready to quit Chelski.

"I'm at the last big turning point of my career," the striker announces. "It's time for one final big choice - should I stay or should I go? I am tempted to discover another world and to see what footballing life is like outside England.

"It would be a big disappointment if I never manage to play for teams that I dream of playing for. That would be terribly frustrating.

"Spain and Italy attract me a lot and, although I am a long way from saying farewell to Chelsea, you never know what can happen."

Hmmm.

RAFA GETS USED TO LACK OF MONEY
Building on their story of yesterday, when they announced that Rafa Benitez had been forced to revise his summer spending plans after being told that Samuel Eto'o was out of his price range, The Times continues to insist that the Liverpool boss will have to sell first before he can buy the top-class players he has in mind.

'Benitez has come to accept that the Americans' promise of support in the transfer market does not equate to the blank chequebook that he envisaged after his initial conversations,' the newspaper reports. 'It is increasingly clear to Benitez that his transfer kitty this summer will be more modest than he thought when he was making plans to sign Eto'o.

'He is also likely to have to look beyond his secondary targets - such as Carlos Tévez, of West Ham United, Fernando Torres, of Atlético Madrid, and David Villa, of Valencia - to a list that includes forwards such as David Trezeguet, of Juventus, Darren Bent, of Charlton Athletic, Diego Milito, of Real Zaragoza and Forlán. There is support within the club for a bid to resign Michael Owen from Newcastle United, but Benitez is cool on the matter.'

With George Gillet pledging to spend "as part of a plan, not just spending like a drunken sailor", Benitez's final budget will be determined by the funds he can raise by selling Djibril Cisse to Marseilles and Craig Bellamy to Aston Villa, Blackburn or West Ham.

According to The Sun, however, Rafa 'is ready to train his sights' on Real Zaragoza striker Diego Milito. 'Milito, 28 today, would cost around £15million and that is well within the Reds' budget.'

HENRY STILL REFUSES TO PLEDGE HIMSELF TO ARSENAL
Although Thierry Henry's agent will "seek legal advice" after France Football magazine published a report that the player has agreed terms with Barcelona, the player himself continues to speak ambiguously about staying at Arsenal.

"I have taken no decisions," he told L'Equipe. "Lots of people are speaking on my behalf. It's impossible to stop the rumours - it's not the first or the last time that people are speaking for me. In my head I'm still an Arsenal player and my departure is not a current issue."

The Guardian interprets those words as 'a challenge to Arsenal to convince him to stay at the club' and declares: 'For him to remain it appears that the manager, Arsène Wenger, and the board need to make good on their promises of "super-class" signings for the Emirates Stadium this summer.'

Meanwhile, William Gallas has made a firmer pledge to remain at the club.

"I have some personal targets for next season, which are the same as the team's objectives," he told The Sun. "I'm hungry to win matches and titles. Once you reach the age of 30 the best moments come when you lift a trophy.

"And I am proud to take on the role of one of the senior players at the club. I talk to the youngsters and give them advice. I've begun playing the big-brother role with the young players and I am happy to do so."

MANYOO PRICED OFF TEVEZ
ManYoo's hopes of signing Carlos Tevez have been scuppered after they were told that recruiting the striker would cost nearly £40m.

The Argentine appears to be heading to for Inter Milan, with The Daily Mail claiming: 'The Serie A champions will thwart Manchester United's bid to borrow the forward from Hammers on a season-long loan.'

The player himself sounds happy to move to Milan, announcing: "I know Inter are interested in me. It would be nice to play in Italy, especially in a team that has so many Argentinians.

"There will be some meetings, some discussions, but I really don't know anything official yet."

KAMARA IN DEMAND
Fulham and Birmingham are set to embark on a bidding war for WBA striker Diomansy Kamara.

Brum's £3m offer for Kamara has already been rebuffed, while, according to The Daily Mail, 'Fulham have made a £7million double offer for West Bromwich pair Diomansy Kamara and Jason Koumas.'

It's thought likely that Blues will return with an increased offer of £3.5m for the Senegal international.

But The Sun insists the Baggies will hold out for £6m.

TOON AND TOTTENHAM GO HEAD TO HEAD
After Ludovic Giuly's agent told yesterday's papers that Newcastle are sniffing around the Frenchman, on his way out of Barcelona this summer, today's say that Tottenham will rival Toon for the forward.

Marseille, Monaco, Fiorentina and Juventus are all interested as well, and Giuly said earlier this month that he favoured a move to Marseille. Filthy great piles of Premiership cash should change his mind.

OFFICIAL NEWS
Sunderland have signed Greg Halford from Reading for around £3m.

And in less official news, Roy Keane hopes to follow it up by persuading ManYoo striker Alan Smith to join his Black Cats revolution.

AND THE REST
Paris Saint-Germain are making an audacious bid to sign Claude Makelele from Chelsea...Derby have secured manager Billy Davies' future after finally recruiting David Kelly to be his number two and pledging to bring in more backroom staff to cope with the demands of Premiership football...Turkey's top striker Tuncay Sanli could be heading for Middlesbrough on a free transfer from Fenerbahce...Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos is wanted by Spanish club Real Zaragoza...Leeds will re-sign Tore Andre Flo as soon as their transfer embargo is lifted on July 12...

...Sam Allardyce faces a fight from Chelsea in the race to sign free agent Tal Ben Haim...Robbie Savage will reject the chance of a last big pay-day with relegated Sheffield United to stay at Blackburn...Neil Lennon will this week join Colin Calderwood's coaching staff at Nottingham Forest...Rangers could miss out on another top signing target after a £1million bid for Carlos Cuellar was dismissed as laughable by Osasuna.

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has hinted he may quit the club to experience football in Spain or Italy (Various)

Atletico Madrid will spark a transfer scramble among Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham next week when they say striker Fernando Torres can leave (Mirror).

Bolton boss Sammy Lee has made a £1.5m move for Reading midfielder Stephen Hunt (Daily Express).

Everton manager David Moyes is challenging Barcelona, Inter Milan and Roma for the signature of Kolo Toure's £8m-rated brother Yaya, who plays in midfield for Monaco (Mirror).

Birmingham manager Steve Bruce has been told he will have to spend £6m if he wants to sign West Brom striker Diomansky Kamara (Various).

However, he could face competition from Fulham for Kamara's signature, with the Cottagers also targeting Baggies midfielder Jason Koumas (Daily Mail).

Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos is wanted by Spanish club Real Zaragoza (Mirror)

Chelsea have raided Leeds to sign rising teenage star Ben Gordon in a £1.5m deal (Daily Express).

Turkey's top striker Sanli Tuncay could be heading for Middlesbrough on a free transfer (Mirror)

Portsmouth and Fulham have expressed an interest in signing forward Hameur Bouazza from relegated Watford (The Guardian).

Rangers have been told they must treble their £1m offer for Osasuna centre-half Carlos Cuellar (Daily Record).

Blackburn midfielder Robbie Savage will reject a pay rise offer from Sheffield United to stay at Ewood Park (The Sun)

Tottenham will rival Newcastle for the signature of Barcelona's 30-year-old French winger Ludovic Giuly, who could be available for a cut-price £1.5m (Mirror)

Sunderland boss Roy Keane wants to follow up the signing of Greg Halford from Reading with a move for Manchester United forward Alan Smith (Daily Star).

Turkish side Besiktas have made an offer to sign Sheffield United forward Colin Kazim-Richards (The Guardian).

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce wants to completely rebuild his defence with the signings of Bolton's Tal Ben Haim, Liverpool centre-half Sami Hyypia, Paris St Germain's David Rozehnal and Marseille skipper Habib Beye (The Sun).

Aberdeen boss Jimmy Calderwood is ready to hijack Falkirk's bid to sign keeper Kasper Schmeichel on a permanent basis (Daily Record).

Wigan boss Chris Hutchings is planning a £2.5m swoop for Sheffield United striker Rob Hulse (The Sun).

And he could follow that up with a move for unsettled Tottenham midfielder Danny Murphy and Portsmouth defender Andy O'Brien (The Guardian)

Relegated Leeds United want to sign free agent Marc Bircham, who was released by QPR last month (The Sun

Charlton striker Darren Bent will join West Ham for £18m in a deal that will net the 23-year-old £80,000 a week. (Daily Star)

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wants to bring France striker David Trezeguet to the club in a move which he hopes will keep unsettled skipper Thierry Henry. (The Sun)

Sunderland will sign striker David Nugent from Preston for a fee of £6m when he returns from the England Under-21 Championships. (Daily Star)

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is the latest to be linked with a move for Reading defender Nicky Shorey. (The Sun)

West Ham's Argentine forward Carlos Tevez will resolve his future in the next week, with Manchester United and Inter Milan both keen to sign him. (The Times)

West Brom want a combined £10m for star duo Jason Koumas and Diomansy Kamara after both Birmingham and Fulham were reported to have offered £5m for them. (Daily Star)

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp is lining up a bid for Maccabi Haifa's Israeli striker Roberto Colautti. (Daily Star)

Dennis Rommedahl is set to leave Charlton and sign for French club Rennes for £500,000. (The Sun)

Former Chelsea and Birmingham defender Mario Melchiot has agreed to join Wigan after leaving French club Rennes. (Daily Mirror)

Bolton and Newcastle are both hoping to sign Turkey winger Gokdeniz Karadeniz. (Daily Mirror)

Blackburn defender Andy Todd is a £700,000 target for Coventry boss Iain Dowie. (Daily Mirror

Michael Owen to Manchester United? WoW! that is news to me, What a duo we will have. I like him and I think Fergie could turn him back to Striker number 1 for England. I will be viewing this topic more great for up to date footy news, posting is brill. Keep up the good work!

The `I Shot A Personal Best Four-Under-Par For Nine Holes Last Night` Gossip

13/06/07

TREZEGUET TO PERSUADE HENRY TO STAY
The Sun says that Arsene Wenger hopes to convince Thierry Henry to stay at Arsenal by signing 'his best pal' David Trezeguet.

The French striker has rejected Juventus' offer of a new contract and should be available for only £5m.

'Trezeguet, 29, is older than Wenger's usual transfer targets and is demanding a three-year deal worth £90,000 a week. But Wenger is prepared to break his own rules in the fight to keep unhappy Henry at the Emirates,' the newspaper reports.

Speculation over Henry's future is all across the backpages this morning, although, as The Times says: 'In reality, nothing will be resolved until later in the summer because Barcelona have yet to table a bid and tend to start low in any case. The most crucial development will come when Henry meets Wenger for talks at the club's training ground because they are the only individuals with any inkling as to how this saga will end.'

The distant possibility of Henry being involved in a swap deal with Samuel Eto'o has receded further after the Barcelona striker declared that he would not leave the Nou Camp.

"I have a contract and I am in control of the situation. The club can't get rid of me because of my contract and as we both want to continue anyway, there is nothing more to talk about," he said.

WEST HAM TO SIGN DARREN BENT
West Ham are set to beat Tottenham and Liverpool to sign Charlton striker Darren Bent in an £18million deal.

According to the Daily Star, the Hammers have offered £80,000 a week to secure Bent's services, while Charlton will receive £15million plus Marlon Harewood and Hayden Mullins, who are surplus to requirements at Upton Park.

SMITH TO MOVE ON FROM MANYOO
Alan Smith has admitted that he doesn't know if he will still be at ManYoo next season.

The striker has been linked with a move out of Old Trafford and is still waiting to hear if he is still part of Sir Alex Ferguson's plans.

"If they [United] are going to sell me, I would like to know," Smith said. "But I won't find out unless I speak to the manager. If you're no longer wanted, then you have to consider your options. If the manager tells me he wants me, I'm there for him. If he says he doesn't, it's time to move on."

As reported previously, ManYoo have refused to offer Smith a new deal, and the smart money is on him moving on this summer. A host of teams, including Everton, Middlesbrough, Birmingham and Portsmouth, have been touted as possible destinations.

LOADS OF DEFENDERS FOR NEWCASTLE
Newcastle have made their move for Czech Republic defender David Rozehnal.

It is understood the Magpies have tabled a £2million bid for the Paris St Germain player, who has made no secret of his desire to play in the Barclays Premiership. The 26-year-old is one of several defenders being targeted by manager Sam Allardyce as he attempts to strengthen his resources at the back.

According to The Independent, Allardyce is still keen on signing Tal Ben Haim, and has 'also enquired about the availability of the 29-year-old Marseilles captain Habib Beye, while Liverpool's Sami Hyypia remains high on the list. However, Newcastle are unlikely to pursue their interest in the Wigan left-back Leighton Baines after his club valued him at £5m.'

The Sun says they will turn their attention to Nicky Shorey.

NOBODY KNOWS WHO CITEH'S NEW BOSS WILL BE
Amid all the talk of Thaksin Shinawatra's takeover bid for Man Citeh collapsing, it's almost been forgotten that the club still need a new manager after sacking Stuart Pearce last month.

The Daily Mail hasn't forgotten, however, and says that the club 'have identified Sevilla coach Juande Ramos and former Fulham boss Chris Coleman as two possible candidates for their managerial vacancy'

Possible?

This sounds about as reliable as a Jamaican pathologist's report so we will move smartly on.

TWO-CLUB BATTLE FOR MALOUDA
Florent Malouda's future is still no closer to resolution with Lyon's chairman Jean-Michel Aulas speaking for F365's Gossip Columnist when he called on Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool to put up or shut up. Except, of course, he said it rather more politely.

"I'm waiting on a call from an English club so we can sort out a meeting," Aulas said. "The transfer could move forward if there is an offer that comes close to the price I've fixed. On players' values, I seldom get it wrong: today Malouda is [worth] £17m."

The Guardian says that, of the three Premiership clubs, 'Chelsea are the least likely to bid' after Arjen Robben indicated that he is ready to sign a new five-year deal.

'Liverpool would consider £17m a steep price and might prefer Benfica's Simao Sabrosa, who is available for £12m. Arsenal would be more tempted to make a move for the 27-year-old. Malouda would constitute one of the players who would satisfy the ambitions of Thierry Henry and the Arsenal captain has refused to commit his future to the Emirates Stadium until he has assessed any new signings.'

We just can't get away from Thierry, can we?

AND THE REST
Blackburn are set to become the latest Premiership club to fall into American hands...The mob of Premiership clubs chasing Nigel de Jong will be disappointed - he's set to stay with Hamburg...Birmingham will bid for Preston's David Nugent after missing out on Mark Viduka and Diomansy Kamara, but the striker would prefer a move to Sunderland...Sammy Lee is taking on former boss Sam Allardyce as Bolton and Newcastle battle for Turkish winger Gokdeniz Karadeniz...

...Wolves are closing in on a £1.25million swoop for Southend striker Freddy Eastwood...Wigan will sign Mario Melchiot from Rennes on a one-year contract, and boss Chris Hutchings will then turn his attentions to Fulham's Michael Brown and Spurs' Danny Murphy...West Brom will step up their bid to sign Celtic striker Craig Beattie...Carlos Cuellar has pleaded with Osasuna to let him join Rangers...Pompey want Maccabi Haifa's Israeli striker Roberto Colautti...

The Silly Money Gossip

14/06/07

£17m BENT ON WAY TO WEST HAM
Although West Ham have agreed a club-record £17million deal with Charlton for Darren Bent, it remains in doubt whether the player himself has agreed to move to Upton Park.

'Bent, 23, has agreed personal terms on a five-year contract worth £75,000 a week and will fly home from holiday in the Caribbean for a medical. The transfer should be completed by the weekend to confirm another coup for Alan Curbishley and his big-spending West Ham board,' says The Daily Mail.

According to The Sun, however, 'Charlton striker Bent is yet to make up his mind - but has promised an answer within the next 24 hours.'

And a concurring Guardian reckons that the 'England international is considering whether to make the move or hold out for alternatives.' In other words, he wants to know whether reports of interest from Liverpool are justified.

Spurs remained in the running for the striker but were ultimately out-priced of the reckoning. 'But West Ham beat off the competition by bumping up their wage offer from £60,000 to £75,000 a week. It means the whole deal will cost £36.5m with Bent due to earn £19.5m over five years,' explains The Sun.

And the Daily Mirror notes that it will take West Ham's spending under Alan Curbishley to £121m. We don't have time to check if that's accurate, but it's a lot.

POOL MAKE SMALL BID FOR YOSSI
Talking of West Ham and Liverpool, as we were, The Guardian maintains that Yossi Benayoun 'is keen to leave Upton Park to join Liverpool'.

The midfielder has still yet to sign a new contract on offer from the Hammers and it is believed that Pool have now registered a bid of about £3m for the Israeli.

CHELSKI TO GRAB HAIM
Speaking of Israeli footballers, as we were, Tal Ben Haim is on the verge of completing his move to...Chelski.

Despite being regularly touted for a reunion with Sam Allardyce at Newcastle, it now appears that the Bolton defender is moving to London.

"Ben Haim will arrive, we will discuss his contract and finalise the last details and we hope that he will sign the contract by tomorrow," Peter Kenyon has been quoted as saying in the Israeli press. A source 'close to the player' is also quoted in The Guardian predicting a move south. "Tal will sign at Chelsea, not because of the money but because of footballing reasons," he or she declared. "He wants to play in the Champions League. He is not afraid of competition and believes he can gain a place with the first team."

Meanwhile, as The Daily Mirror notes, 'the Israel star's arrival on a free transfer next week represents a moral victory for' Roman Abramovich.

'The Russian owner put a block on Mourinho signing players and did not see the point in splashing out on Ben Haim, 25, when he would cost nothing this summer when his deal expired. It is another sign of the changed times in west London and Mourinho claims he can win back the Premiership title with Bosman signings.'

STILL NO MOVES BY CITEH
Juande Ramos and Co Adriaanse have had no contact with managerless Manchester City, their spokesmen have insisted.

The pair are believed to be at the top of City's wishlist to replace Stuart Pearce but do not yet appear to have been formally approached.

Sevilla coach Ramos, who has won the UEFA Cup for the last two seasons, is thought to be the number one candidate but his agent Alvaro Torres told BBC Radio Five Live: "I haven't had any contact with people from Manchester City.

SPURS WILL MAKE JERMAIN CHOOSE
Tottenham, says the Daily Mirror, 'will put the squeeze on Jermain Defoe by offering the England striker a new three-year contract - and listen to offers if he does not sign.'

The 24-year-old 'will be offered £30,000 per week - a 22 per cent increase on his current terms.

'But if Defoe and his advisers snub the offer, Tottenham will be prepared to let him go this summer so they can get at least £12million for his services.'

The striker is worried that he will be relegated to fourth choice at Spurs if Jol brings in another striker.

And the north London side 'are determined they will never again see a star player run his contract down and walk out of the club for nothing like Sol Campbell did in 2003'.

MANYOO WANT A STRIKER
One touted destination for Defoe is none other than Old Trafford.

But the Daily Express think Sir Fergie will instead splash the cash on 23-year-old Italian Fabio Quagliarella.

He scored 13 goals for Sampdoria in Serie A this season, and burst onto the international scene with two debut goals for Italy against Lithuania last week.

AND THE REST
Bolton boss Sammy Lee is heading the £1m chase for Rangers and Belgium left winger Thomas Buffel...Portsmouth have tabled a £12m bid for former striker Yakubu in another attempt to prise him away from Middlesbrough...Roy Keane has targeted David Nugent of Preston as the striker he wants to bring in...Kanu has revealed he is ready to turn his back on the Premiership and secure a move to Ajax on a one-year contract...Wigan have had a £4m bid for West Brom midfielder Jason Koumas turned down flat...Rangers' swoop for Carlos Cuellar was back on last night after Osasuna caved in on the defender's demands to be allowed to leave the Spanish club.

Manchester United want to sign Eidur Gudjohnsen and will offer Gerard Pique to Barcelona - Sun

Fulham will offer Collins John and Moritz Volz, plus £3m, to West Brom for Jason Koumas and Diomansy Kamara - Star

Hull City are set to sign Alan Thompson on a free transfer - Star

Liverpool are now favourites to sign Darren Bent after the striker turned down a move to West Ham - Mirror

West Ham will go back in for Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips - Mirror

Bolton midfielder Stelios Giannakopoulos is wanted by Manchester City, whose keeper Nicky Weaver could leave - Mail

15/06/07

01aatesterjt1.gif

WENGER PREPARES TO SELL HENRY
The Gossip has quietened down in recent days but it doesn't get much more dramatic than this: The Times claims that 'Arsene Wenger has signalled his willingness to sell Thierry Henry by entering into negotiations with Barcelona for the first time'.

According to the newspaper, 'The Arsenal manager met Ferran Soriano, the Spanish club's financial director, in Paris this week for preliminary discussions, though both parties remain some distance from agreeing Henry's transfer. Wenger wants to sign Samuel Eto'o as part of the deal, but Barcelona are reluctant to allow the Cameroon striker to leave despite his problems at the club this season.'

The Guardian also speculates that Wenger has opened talked with Barca and is more willing to believe that Eto'o could move to the Emirates: 'Wenger is an avowed admirer of the Cameroon striker, whom Barcelona are thought to consider surplus to requirements if Henry arrives.'

Nonethless, as The Times writes, the bottom line appears to be that Wenger has accepted 'that he is running out of options, with Henry eager to take what many believe would be his final opportunity to move to Spain. Wenger may resolve to cash in on an unsettled player in any case, as he did when selling Patrick Vieira to Juventus two years ago.'

As such, Henry may be offloaded for around £20m and Arsenal will confirm their status as a selling club.

BABEL EYES GUNNERS SWITCH
However, one player apparently willing to play for the Gunners is Ajax winger Ryan Babel.

The 20-year-old forward has been watched by Arsenal while helping Holland Under-21s reach the semi-finals of the European Championships they are hosting, with Babel scoring against Portugal.

"If I get the chance one day to train with Arsene Wenger it would be a dream," he said. From when I was young I supported Arsenal. I liked the style, the ambience, how they show themselves on the field - everything."

MORE STRIKERS FOR MANYOO
Sampdoria's Fabio Quagliarella and Barcelona's Eidur Gudjohnsen are the latest strikers to be linked with a transfer to ManYoo.

The Sun claims that Gudjohnsen is wanted 'patch up Manchester United's injury-ravaged strike force' and could be acquired in a swap deal with Gerard Pique.

Meanwhile, Quagliarella's agent claims that the Premiership champions have already made a bid for his client.

"One month ago, Manchester United made a £10million offer," declared Silvio Pagliari. "We believe Fabio is worth between 15 to 20 million euros (£10-13million), hence if the English club's offer still stands, he could probably go abroad."

LIVERPOOL AND TOTTENHAM EYE BENT AFTER HE REJECTS WEST HAM
Darren Bent may have opened the way to join Tottenham by rejecting a move to West Ham but Spurs will have to increase their offer by around £5m if they are to sign the striker.

Charlton now regard Bent's valuation as set at £17m - which is considerably motre than the £12m Tottenham have offered so far.

"We set a valuation for Darren and West Ham were the only club prepared to meet that valuation," commented Addicks chief executive Peter Varney. "We gave them permission to speak to Darren, which he did, and he has decided not to join West Ham. We therefore look forward to Darren starting with us in the Championship next season, which is a massive boost to our chance of returning to the Premier League."

Nobody, of course, expects Bent to stay at the Valley and The Guardian says that 'Tottenham Hotspur, his preferred destination, are monitoring developments.'

The Daily Mirror, though, says that Liverpool have 'emerged as shock contenders' to acquire the player.

Bent's decision to turn down the Hammers - because, says The Sun, 'he does not want to work with Hammers boss Alan Curbishley - could also have a negative knock-on effect on the rest of the transfer market. 'Bent's transfer holds the key to a number of players' futures including Craig Bellamy, Jermain Defoe and Andy Johnson. It now seems that West Ham will have to target Bellamy, who is also sought by Aston Villa,' says The Independent.

On the hand, the Mirror, which appears to specialise in contradicting everything that is said elsewhere on Fleet Street, reports that the Hammers will 'turn their attentions back to £12million Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips' after being rejected by Bent.

WATER-CARRIER FOR CITEH
The Sun has disclosed that Man Citeh have held a 'secret meeting with Didier Deschamps about becoming their new boss.'

Clearly, it's not that secret then.

The club's chief executive Alistair Mackintosh is reported to have flown to Paris on Tuesday to hold talks with the former Juventus boss, 'but the job has not yet been offered to Didi, 38, because of the ongoing uncertainty over ex-Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's takeover of the club after his assets were frozen.'

AND THE REST...
Billy Davies is set to open contract talks with Derby after threatening to quit as Rams boss following their promotion to the Premier League...Wigan's Paul Scharner has snubbed a move to Everton....Wolves and Norwich are locked in a £2.5million battle for Southend striker Freddy Eastwood...Fulham will offer Collins John, Moritz Volz and £3million in a bid to land West Brom's Jason Koumas...Stelios Giannakopoulos could be a surprise departure from Bolton...Jerzy Dudek is ready to swap Anfield's subs' bench for the Bernabeu's after Closing on a move to Real Madrid...

Former Chelsea striker Eidur Gudjohnsen has admitted he would be interested in a move to Manchester United.

The Iceland international (below) has been linked with a move away from current club Barcelona back to England with the Barclays Premier League champions following a difficult first season at the Nou Camp. (Daily Mail)

Shaun Wright-Phillips has been told he can leave Chelsea if an offer of £10m is received for him. West Ham are favourites to snap him up. (The Sun)

Charlton striker Darren Bent rejected a £17m move to West Ham because he wants to join Liverpool. (Daily Mirror)

Spurs boss Martin Jol is chasing Sweden international winger Christian Wilhelmsson. (The Sun)

Arsenal have agreed a £2m deal for Norwegian side Haugesund's 16-year-old centre-back Havard Nordtveit. (Daily Mail)

Yossi Benayoun wants to quit West Ham for Liverpool. (The Guardian)

Middlesbrough hope to bring former defender Geremi back to The Riverside from Chelsea.

here's whats happened so far.

ARSENAL

Ins:

-22-year-old Polish goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski signs from Legia Warsaw for an undisclosed fee on a 'long-term' deal.

Outs:

-Birmingham sign 19-year-old midfielder Fabrice Muamba on a permanent basis from Arsenal for an undisclosed fee. He spent last seaosn on loan with Blues.

-35-year-old Estonian goalkeeper Mart Poom joins Watford on a free transfer. He made two appearances during his time at Arsenal.

-19-year-old Italy Under-21 player Arturo Lupoli signs for Fiorentina after his contract with Arsenal expires. He spent last season on loan at Derby.

ASTON VILLA

Ins:

Outs:

-31-year-old Columbian striker Juan Pablo Angel moves to New York Red Bulls after six years at Villa Park.

-Jlloyd Samuel moves to Bolton on a free, after almost 200 appearances.

-Midfielder Gavin McCann signs for Bolton on a three-year deal after four years at Villa Park. The fee is undisclosed, but believed to be between £1m and £2m.

BIRMINGHAM CITY

Ins:

-Birmingham sign 19-year-old midfielder Fabrice Muamba on a permanent basis from Arsenal for an undisclosed fee. He spent last seaosn on loan with Blues.

-Stuart Parnaby ends a 14-yer association with Middlesbrough to join Birmingham. He can play at right-back, in central defence or in midfield.

Outs:

-Former France defender Bruno N'Gotty, 35, moves to Leicester on a free transfer.

BLACKBURN ROVERS

Ins:

Outs:

BOLTON WANDERERS

Ins:

-Slovakia Under-21 international Zoltan Harsanyi becomes Sammy Lee's first signing since becoming manager at the Reebok Stadium and has signed a three-year deal with the club after impressing during his spell on loan.

-Jlloyd Samuel moves from Villa on a free, after almost 200 appearances.

-FC Zurich captain and Switzerland midfielder Blerim Dzemaili, 20, agrees a two-year contract after a free transfer.

-23-year-old centre-half Gerald Cid moves from Bordeaux on a free transfer.

-Midfielder Gavin McCann signs for Bolton on a three-year deal after four years at Villa Park. The fee is undisclosed, but believed to be between £1m and £2m.

Outs:

-Quinton Fortune released on a free. The 30-year-old South African joined Bolton on a free in 2006 from ManYoo.

-30-year-old Spaniard Cesar Martin joined on a short-term deal in February, and made just one appearnce for the Trotters.

-Henrik Pedersen leaves on a free. the 32-year-old Dane played nearly 150 games for Bolton over six years.

-Former Liverpool, Coventry, Blackburn and Wigan midfielder David Thompson is released after one year and eight games for Bolton.

CHELSKI

Ins:

-Steve Sidwell joins from Reading on a free transfer. The 24-year-old midfielder opted to join the Blues despite interest from Newcastle United, Everton and Aston Villa.

-After the arrival of Luca Toni saw him drop down the pecking order at Bayern Munich, Claudio Pizarro joins Chelski on a free transfer. He is 28.

Outs:

-Nuno Morais has signed a two-year contract with reigning Cypriot champions Apoel Nicosia. The 23-year-old failed to establish himself in the first-team squad at Stamford Bridge after joining from FA Penafiel in the summer of 2004

DERBY COUNTY

Ins:

Outs:

EVERTON

Ins:

-27-year-old United States goalkeeper Tim Howard has signed a five-year contract with the Goodison Park club. He spent last season on loan at Everton from ManYoo.

Outs:

-Alessandro Pistone, 31, has been out of the first-team since suffering a serious knee injury at the beginning of the 2005/06 season against Bolton, and is released.

-Richard Wright is released - but David Moyes says he can move back to Everton if they do not find a new goalkeeper this summer.

FULHAM

Ins:

Outs:

-Claus Jensen was offered a one-year contract extension in December but he refused to sign and the new deal was withdrawn, meaning the 30-year-old leaves on a free.

-Canada international Tomasz Radzinski, 33, leaves on a free. He joined the Cottagers from Everton in 2004 and made over 100 appearances.

-Veteran goalkeeper Mark Crossley, 38, leaves on a free.

LIVERPOOL

Ins:

- Brazil Under-20 captain Lucas Leiva joins for an undisclosed fee. 20-year-old midfielder had drawn the interest of a host of European clubs after some sparkling performances for Gremio in his homeland.

-27-year-old Ukraine striker Andriy Voronin moves to Anfield on a free transfer after his contract with Bayer Leverkusen expired.

-20-year-old left-winger Sebastien Leto signs from Club Atletico Lanus. Reports indicate the Argentine cost around £1.7m.

Outs:

-Robbie Fowler leaves Liverpool on a free transfer. He scored eight Premiership goals in his second spell with the club.

-Jerzy Dudek is released on a free transfer. The 34-year-old was the hero of the 2005 Champions League final, but has been unable to win his first-team place back from Jose Reina.

-Italy Under-21 international Daniel Padelli returns to Sampdoria after his loan spell at Anfield ended and the Reds chose not to make the deal permanent.

MANCHESTER CITEH

Ins:

Outs:

-Sylvain Distin leaves Man Citeh to join Portsmouth in exchange for a whopping pay rise. He cost Citeh £4m five years ago.

-34-year-old former England international Trevor Sinclair leaves after an injury-ravaged four years.

MANYOO

Ins:

-Owen Hargreaves signs a five-year deal at Old Trafford. ManYoo are believed to have paid Bayern Munich around £17m.

-Luís Carlos Almeida da Cunha, or Nani if you prefer, moves from Sporting in Portugal. The initial fee was around £14m.

-Anderson Luís De Abreu Oliveira joins from Porto. The 19-year-old Brazilian is believed to have cost around £17m.

Outs:

-27-year-old United States goalkeeper Tim Howard has signed a five-year contract with the Goodison Park club. He spent last season on loan at Everton from ManYoo.

MIDDLESBROUGH

Ins:

-Local lad and England international Jonathan Woodgate signs for £7m from Real Madrid after a season on loan.

Outs:

-Stuart Parnaby ends a 14-year association with Middlesbrough to join Birmingham. He can play at right-back, in central defence or in midfield.

-Malcolm Christie leaves after an injury-ravaged time at Boro, leaving on a free after four years, 29 starts and nine goals.

-21-year-old striker Danny Graham is released after loan spells at Derby, Leeds and Carlisle, as well as 21 appearances and two goals for the Teessiders.

-LA Galaxy sign 34-year-old former Liverpool and Everton player Abel Xavier on a free. The Portuguese played for Middlesbrough before and after a 12 month ban for failing a drugs test.

-Mark Viduka leaves Middlesbrough on a free to join Newcastle.

NEWCASTLE UNITED

Ins:

-Mark Viduka leaves Middlesbrough on a free to join Newcastle.

Outs:

-Olivier Bernard, 27, leaves on a free. He did not manage a single senior appearance during his second spell at the club.

-25-year-old defender Titus Bramble joins Wigan on a free transfer. The former England Under-21 international cost Newcastle £5m in 2002.

-Australia international Craig Moore, 31, has been plagued by injury during his two seasons on Tyneside, and leaves on a free.

-Veteran keeper Pavel Srnicek saw his dream of turning out for the club once again come true on two occasions after returning as short-term cover for Shay Given and Steve Harper, but is released.

-Wigan sign 32-year-old French forward Antoine Sibierski on a free transfer from Newcastle.

-26-year-old Newcastle captain Scott Parker moves to West Ham for £7m.

PORTSMOUTH

Ins:

-Sylvain Distin leaves Man Citeh to join Portsmouth in exchange for a whopping pay rise. He cost Citeh £4m five years ago.

-Portsmouth sign former Charlton defender Hermann Hreidarsson on a two-year deal. The 32-year-old Iceland defender exercised a clause in his contract which allowed him to leave The Valley on a free transfer if the Addicks were relegated

-Pompey complete a club-record signing - thought to be around £7m - of Ghana midfielder Sulley Muntari in a five-year deal from Udinese.

Outs:

READING

Ins:

-Kalifa Cisse joins for £1m from Boavista. The midfielder turned down Bolton Wanderers.

Outs:

-Steve Sidwell joins Chelski on a free transfer. The 24-year-old midfielder opted to join the Blues despite interest from Newcastle United, Everton and Aston Villa.

-Roy Keane makes his first summer signing with the capture of Reading defender Greg Halford. It is understood the 22-year-old full-back has signed for the Black Cats after undergoing a medical.

SUNDERLAND

Ins:

-Roy Keane makes his first summer signing with the capture of Reading defender Greg Halford. It is understood the 22-year-old full-back has signed for the Black Cats after undergoing a medical.

Outs:

-Roy Keane releases former Republic of Ireland team-mate Kenny Cunningham, 35, as he prepares for life in the Barclays Premiership.

-28-year-old midfielder Tommy Miller leaves on a free after two season at Sunderland.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Ins:

-Tottenham sign Wales left-back Gareth Bale from Southampton in a deal which could be worth up to £10million to the Hampshire club.

Outs:

WEST HAM UNITED

Ins:

-26-year-old Newcastle captain Scott Parker moves to West Ham for £7m.

Outs:

WIGAN ATHLETIC

Ins:

-25-year-old defender Titus Bramble joins Wigan on a free transfer. The former England Under-21 international cost Newcastle £5m in 2002.

-Wigan sign 32-year-old French forward Antoine Sibierski on a free transfer from Newcastle.

Outs:

-37-year-old club captain Arjan de Zeeuw is released on a free.

-David Unsworth, 33, whose last-day penalty kept the Latics in the Premiership, is released.

-Defender Matt Jackson has joined Watford on a two-year deal after turning down the chance to stay at Wigan. Jackson, 35, is the relegated Hornets' first signing of the summer as they prepare for life in the Championship next season.

Back