SUCCESSFULY downgraded 2.6 to 1.50 (NOT a TA-082 PSP!)

gazzas

Inactive User
Reaction score
Damn my kid is gonna be one happy chappy.

get the files here
h**p://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=56823

here is the help file for this

Quick Instructions:
------------------

1) Make sure you have a 2.50/2.60 PSP (NOT a TA-082 PSP!)
2) Move the DOWNDATER and PSP and files/folders into the root of your PSP MemoryStick.
3) Set up GTA Loader
4) rent/borrow/buy GTA (the original UMD is required)
5) start GTA and the GTA Loader
6) In the GTA Loader menu, choose the "DownDater Test"

WARNING: The program won't output any display and any warnings, it will init the downgrader process immediately.

7) You'll see the your MemoryStick flashing... that means that your PSP is being flashed from the MemoryStick. You won't see any type of output in the screen (this is for safety). When the MemStick finishes of flashing, WAIT at least a minute, and then reinit your PSP by holding the power button.

8) That's all.

If all went right, you'll have 1.50 PSP now!
If it went less good, you'll still have 2.50/2.60.
If all went wrong, you'll have a broken PSP (except in the case you have the mod-chip). Remember that you have accepted that risk!

so gazzas have u successfuly done this on ur psp???

my cousin has a version 2.6 psp....if he manages 2 downgrades it to 1.5, will he still b able 2 play the original UMD games on it???

tell him to check that it is not a TA-082 as they dont work yet

HERE IS HOW h**p://pspupdates.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/56713/ta82spot1.jpg

np m8

official polls say

YES!!! 234 91.76%
NO!!! 21 8.24%

did a bit of searching and found this:
"Your PSP CANNOT be a factory 2.50/2.60 PSP! It had to have been updated once before from a previous version or the downgrader will not work!"

my cousins version is 2.5, and as far as i know the psp hasant been upgraded or downgraded from day 1...so does this mean the downgrade wont be possible in this instance???

Its not been confirmed yet but more are saying it works than ones that say it dont.
Its always the chance you take. When downgrading.
If he dos brick it then the mod chip will un-brick it.

will this work on all versions from 2.1 up m8y?????

I have a white PSP 2.6, I have checked and it is not a TA-082.

I have downloaded the downdater info from the website given at the beginning of this thread, but it also says on that website I need some files from a 1.5 PSP.

Can someone who has done the downgrade let me know if I need some files from a 1.5?

Cheers

the 1.5 files u need m8 are the firmware files.
ill pm you the link for the firmware file m8 as i dont want to break any rules.

I have a white PSP which came with 2.6 pre installed.

I have just completed the downgrade and now its a 1.5

Thanks for your help gazzas

N1 one m8.
thats 2 out of 2 here now

good to see this is working now more people can enjoy the 1.5 life. i was scared doing my 2.0 to 1.5

Back