Stuttering PC (WIFI)

dodger

Member ++
Reaction score
Can anyone help. my laptop was fine until I installed my wifi. it works fine for a while + then stutters about 3/4 then a few mins later, does the same thing over. I guess i'm just pissed off with it during game play, streaming music + vids. Does anyone have a solution for me?

I'm using Netgear DG834G + WT PCI card.

Please help!!

Reinstall, go into device manager and choose uninstall. Reboot and then reinstall drivers. Got to be worth a shot. I had something similar with mine last week - it was driving me mental. That fixed it though.

one thing I shoudl have asked is has this ever worked normally, is it a new addition to your machine?

I've had the set-up for a while + this has aways happend. I've put up with it for ages but now i would like to get it sorted.

Hmm OK, If its never worked properly it could be faulty. Any chance of trying it in another laptop?

try the reinstall then mate, have you any firewall/anti virus software? If you do stop them whilst you reinstall and also while you test.

I've had a brainwave - I'm installing the latest firm ware versions + I've got a sneeky suspition that the firmware for the PCI is causing the probs.

Tried to get the firmware last night - terrible download spead about 15 bytes/sec on 1meg. Will try again tonite - fingers crossed.

OK I have found the solution - the firmware needed upgraded + the stuttering has gone - woo hoo!!! Thanks for everyones help - magic!!!

I eventually got it working - woo hoo. No more stuttering. It needed the firmware on the PCI card + router updated. Thanks for everyone's help!!!

Back