stuck in standby

dave_c

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys , have a tm1500ci , has been working fine , have not bothered updatin the software or softcams on it for quite a while , so today i downloaded the 1.88 loader ( as recently had to format comp and lost everything i had ), and the phantom patch 309p , and the softcam 9/11/2011 , all seemed to install fine , but after install cannot get my 1500 to come on , have switched of at back several times , switched on and pressed the standby button on the front of machine and also the remote , the orange light comes on when press the buttons , but the machine will not boot up

thx in advance

Hi dave_c,

You can most probably get the receiver out of standby and working again by doing a forced download...

Connect your TM 1500 CI to your PC using the RS232 null modem cable... then download the last/latest Official Technomate Software Upgrade for the TM 1500 CI (link below)

Technomate UK - Your digital partner for life

Switch OFF your TM 1500 CI using the power switch on the back of the receiver...

Open 'TM Loader' 1.88 and set to 'Download'... add the latest Official Technomate Software Upgrade for the TM 1500 CI into 'TM Loader' 1.88 and click on 'Connect'...

You should then get an on-screen message telling you to 'Power On' your receiver... switch your receiver ON using the power switch on the rear of your receiver... the forced download should then start...

If the forced download fails to start... keep switching the receiver ON and OFF using the power switch on the back of the receiver...

Wait until the download has fully finished before you switch the receiver OFF and un-hook the RS232 null modem cable... you can usually tell when this has happened as the receiver will show a channel number (probably 0001) on the front panel...

After you have successfully applied the last/latest Official Technomate Software Upgrade onto the TM 1500 CI... you can then try applying the Phantompatch again...

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

loaded the latest official technmate software upgrade from the technomate site , and the reciever would still not come out of standby mode , so i decided to try a lower version of patch , one from dec 2006 and voila , the box then came out of standby mode , tried the 309 again and the box froze in the standby mode , then tried the 307 patch and the box went through the usual bits ie showing the progreess etc , then the 4 lines and booted up , but was askin for pin code , which luckily guessed was 0000 now i cant switch the boxoff only by using the rocker switch at the rear , but thats no problem , the main thing is the box is fine and not yet had to go to silicon heaven lol

is there any way of disabling it askin for the pin

Hello,
I have had a similar problem, but I did not attempt to patch my Technomate TMS-1500 CI+. I was watching television and then it turned off, just like that. Now, when I turn it on the receiver either it comes on with an orange/amber and red light or it will start but no channel number comes up, all I get is green lines/dashes. If I am extremely lucky it will turn back on and work, but only for a short period. It will usually turn off again when I change channels. I have scoured the web for a solution, I even tried the one above but I have not succeeded, it gets to "Writing OK...100%" and then stops there. I really need some help, any ideas?
Thanks in advance, Emkay123 :)

Last edited:
If you have tried forced download
Try this... switch the TM 1500 'Off' using the power switch on the rear of the receiver... then press and hold down the 'Menu' button on the front of the receiver as you switch the TM 1500 back 'On' using the power switch on the rear of the receiver... you will then see the 'Loader Menu' on screen... try the 'Factory Reset' option on the list and see what happen
Thanks to Zorch.

I am sorry, which is the Menu button on the front, mine has a power button, up and down buttons, is one of them the menu button??

Yeah, I have tried a forced download, it stops at "Writing OK...100%", i can't even access the menus, so i can't do a factory reset. I am new to this so i do not know too much about what i can and can't do. Is there any way i can force it on? Any help will be much appreciated, Thanks Again :)

Hi Emkay123,

...it gets to "Writing OK...100%" and then stops there.

How long did you wait after the message "Writing OK...100%"...?

Sometimes it can take up to 5 minutes after the forced download for the receiver to react... I would suggest you try the procedure again... and then wait for as long as it takes for the receiver to fully write the new software and re-boot...

The link in my previous post to the latest O/S for the TM-1500 is not working as the link was posted before Technomate completely updated their website... the new link is...

Technomate Support - TM-1500 CI

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hello Zorch!
I have tried all of your suggestions on this thread, still no success. I have brought another reciever now, so unless I can fix the Technomate, it is going in the bin. Thanks for your help, you have been great! Cheers :Biggrin2:

this sounds like the PSU capacitors may have started to fail, they cost around 30p each to replace, but you will need ot take the receiver apart and use a soldering iron on it

Back