Strange XviD problem

Hovisbap

DW Member +
Reaction score
Today I started watching an XviD video file on my PS3. Part way through I stopped playback and removed the USB stick, now I can't get it to play any more. I have tried re-copying the file from my PC (it plays fine on there), I've tried it on my other PS3 and that doesn't work either. If it hadn't played at all I wouldn't be posting this but why did it play only once? The file is .XviD-SFM

Any ideas?

urm, not sure, but why don't you just download and install PS3 media server on your rig and then stream all your movies to your PS3? :)

or format the USB stick and then copy the movie back to it, maybe it's corrupt in some way......have a bash at PS3 media server, it's awesome and you just point your PS3 at it. then stream and watch what ever you have on your PC etc.

urm, not sure, but why don't you just download and install PS3 media server on your rig and then stream all your movies to your PS3? :)

or format the USB stick and then copy the movie back to it, maybe it's corrupt in some way......have a bash at PS3 media server, it's awesome and you just point your PS3 at it. then stream and watch what ever you have on your PC etc.

Thanks, I'll try that.

I used to use PS3 media server on my old PC, does it work OK with Windows 7?

yip :)

I was working on a one last year I think it was that you could stream movies to from the net, navi-x version, you can use navi-x if you have a modded machine, but there was a PS3 media version out that was "nearly" working.... I did make a few posts on it.

How ever, PS3 media server on a windows based machine or any come to think of it, you'll be fine.

I have a little "revo" that sits on all the time and has about 3 TB's attached to it where all my downloads go, then watch them, back etc. via the PS3's.. :)

Back