Strange things happening - locking up etc Help please....

stevecuns

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, strange things have started hapening with my 800HD Pro.

latest boot loader / dbuk image installed.

Has been working fine for a while but now seems to lockup randomly, some times the screen will freeze but the audio is still going? seems to do it when i run the crossepg downloader, gets to the converting bit & screen freezes but audio continues, buttons unresponsive, reboots itself after about a minute.

Also time shift (yellow button) records the program but sometimes it wont let me press green to play it back? or it starts to play but then freezes after a few seconds or so of playback? when it wont let me press green, i can press tv button (bottom of remote) and stop the timeshift??

thought it could be the hdd so i pluged in an 8gb usb stick nd formatted / initialise / mount etc + change record paths to usb & same problems happen.

dont really want to reflash image if i can help it.

Any ideas?

cheers

Steve.....

i think a reflash is probably the best thing to do mate, when things start going wrong like this on these boxes they never tend to sort themselves out, backup cccam and whatever else you need and start over, pain in the arse but definetely the best way!

was thinking the same, just trying to backup the flash using the tspanel. not sure if that will help as when i reflash & then do the backup, wont i be putting the dodgy files back on.

think i'll have a mess with it tommorow, not tonight as i want to watch Leeds hopefully knock Arsenal out of the FA cup........!

cheers

Steve....

ps dont think the backup is working as its bn showing create root.jffs2... on the screen for about 10 mins now......

yeah to be honest mate theres no point backing it up if its already been corrupted somewhere along the line, waste of time really, good luck getting it set back up hopefully it all goes peachy!

ps dont think the backup is working as its bn showing create root.jffs2... on the screen for about 10 mins now......

The back up takes about this amount of time, you should be able to scroll down the stuff that's on the screen though and then it'll bounce back up when it reads the next blocks, but Big-Hol correct, no point backing up your corrupt image mate, might as well start a fresh, the idea behind the back up is to do it when your box it at it's prime, it's there to do in case you add any thing to at a later stage that makes it unstable.

Dibbs.

Might also be worth checking how much free memory is available on the box, maybe you've installed too many additional plugins and filled up the memory. This will cause box slowdowns and potentially reboots/crashes.
Also check your recording and EPG paths to makesure your not accidentally downloading EPG or recordings to internal memory.

cheers for the info guys.... just re-flashing now...

its says only 20mg from 60gb memory left atm nd i havent downloaded anything yet, does the image take up 40mg?

i only just put the image on nd about to get the latest tspanel

cheers

cheers for the info guys.... just re-flashing now...

its says only 20mg from 60gb memory left atm nd i havent downloaded anything yet, does the image take up 40mg?

i only just put the image on nd about to get the latest tspanel

cheers

Yes thats about normal m8 :)

Back