starview 7 card share..what happens after the year subscryption ends?

welshlad46

Inactive User
Reaction score
any one have any ideas what happens after the years subscrpytion is up, how do u go about renewing it for another year?....any info please

any one have any ideas what happens after the years subscrpytion is up, how do u go about renewing it for another year?....any info please
it goes off

and you buy a new box :(

or buy kryptview and it stays on :)

Not sure that anyone knows exactly what will happen after a year as it's all a bit new. Did ask the question if anyone had checked the firmware to see if it was linked in to the time... Sure there would be some way to reset the clock create a new mac address etc. Just no-ones looking for a way to restart it but we don't need to yet.
Wizbit77

Not sure that anyone knows exactly what will happen after a year as it's all a bit new. Did ask the question if anyone had checked the firmware to see if it was linked in to the time... Sure there would be some way to reset the clock create a new mac address etc. Just no-ones looking for a way to restart it but we don't need to yet.
Wizbit77

What makes you think anybody will look at it when it's needed, as apposed to just sitting around twiddling the fingers waiting for somebody else to do it.

They are almost as bad as the DreamBox lot!

What makes you think anybody will look at it when it's needed, as apposed to just sitting around twiddling the fingers waiting for somebody else to do it.

They are almost as bad as the DreamBox lot!

my dreambox is working ok :proud:

@ hackmax. Fair point, maybe no one will look at it.
I can move a bit of firmware about and follow some instructions but anything else is beyond me. Don't even know where to start.
Wizbit77

when, where and who has officially said that these boxes will expire at the end of 12 months, as far as i am concerned this is pure hearsay and maybe a rumour wrongly spread by a rival box manufacturer to boost its own sales.

well look at it this way, the starveiw 6 was suppose to be the best until it about 6 weeks ago. but it didn't last long, only a few months.

As I understand it the starview 6 wasn't being allowed into the country as they were concerned that it was being used for illegal purposes. Hence the new 7 box which they snuck in a bit of an upgrade on. But also got rid of the ethernet port so that that it wasn't viewed as something that could connect directly to the internet. Instead you have to use an rs232 to ethernet converter.
So back to the original question as far as I'm concerned I'm inclined to agree with richard br.
Wizbit

Well if its just unfounded rumours or hearsay then why doesnt someone with a bit of involvement let folk know the real score.

never been a secret sv goes off after 12 months from being connected to there server thats officail and there is no chance of reactivating software ask anyone with a cs server they know straight away if a cline appears same time from 2 ips

As I understand it the starview 6 wasn't being allowed into the country as they were concerned that it was being used for illegal purposes. Hence the new 7 box which they snuck in a bit of an upgrade on. But also got rid of the ethernet port so that that it wasn't viewed as something that could connect directly to the internet. Instead you have to use an rs232 to ethernet converter.
So back to the original question as far as I'm concerned I'm inclined to agree with richard br.
Wizbit

and who told you it wasn't allowed into the country.???
and why would they let the likes off dream box and that in that has Ethernet port.??

as for it ending in 12 months that was the official line when they where selling them in Ireland (south) so why would they change for the uk .!!!!!!!!

and they already had the starview 7 ear marked for the UK market. and that is from the horses mouth.

also remember what happened in Ireland when there server got caught they had no back up and where never going to have one. so when it goes it goes
fook everyone who bough a box from them.

i would say if u bough one now ie sv7 by the time the year is up we be on sv9 and they won't support the older ones anymore so that will be there excuse . for you needing a new box .
and if anyone don't believe that then just look at the models they had when we where nagra1 and they where making a fortune.

Tell me where on ANY website there is a statement that says that after 12 months it will be cut off? Not just a rumour posted in a forum....
I honestly don't care if it only lasts 12 months, it's still good value for money.
Does it say anywhere on any website the the kryptview A780 will stay on for more than 12 months?

Tell me where on ANY website there is a statement that says that after 12 months it will be cut off? Not just a rumour posted in a forum....
I honestly don't care if it only lasts 12 months, it's still good value for money.
Does it say anywhere on any website the the kryptview A780 will stay on for more than 12 months?

it don't say on any website that any off them will stay on as that would be illegal
but i know who makes the starview6-7 and who makes the kv and if sv say to me it last 12 months then it last 12 months. if kv say to me it last untill c/s don't work any more then it will last untill then. i have no reason to doubt them (both off them ).

and yes i to talk to them regular.

but there is things you have to remember they both could go off at anytime.

ie buy tomorrow they go off next day. virginmedia could do counter measures which would kill them. it happened with the yanks and there slinger's .

but as you say even at that price 12 months is not bad but if it was me i would just take it a day at a time. like everything illegal it's a chance you take.

only thing good about been a member on forums like this you learn who gives better support for there boxes. and hopefully it helps people make up there minds on which one to go for. the same as if you where buying a tv are pc
always nice to read about there faults and how good the support is.

Last edited:
not any rumours m8 they work for 12 months then end of story ,you wont get websites stateing this as they are sold as fta receivers but just ask any decent reseller they will tell you the truth
alex

Last edited by a moderator:
They will definitely go off.

The reason for the vast difference in price between the SV and KV is exactly this. Asuming the KV lasts longer, in the end it will actually work out cheaper.

SV is a cheap and cheerful 1 year throw away box.

They will definitely go off.

The reason for the vast difference in price between the SV and KV is exactly this. Asuming the KV lasts longer, in the end it will actually work out cheaper.

SV is a cheap and cheerful 1 year throw away box.

that is not true. the starview is cheaper now at the minute as they couldn't sell them. as i said before in my posts members aren't stupid they know what starview are like. and they will dump them as soon as.

if u accidentally happen to look on other forums and do a search you will see that the sv and the kv where roughly the same price. but it seems that the kv is out selling the sv by 20-1 so they had to try and drop price. even that should tell you they not even last a year.

Is the Starview 7 not advertised as having USB-LAN for home networking

Back