starview 400_ee

Fspiders

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have the new starview 400_ee which fixes the glitches etc' but i can't post it so if anyone wants to pm me for it then they can post it in the relevent section.

I just can't be arsed to make up 20 non sensical posts just to be able to help people. LOL

Regards.

no mate this is starview's own update which only supports their own model.

there is a version coming out shortly that will work for clones.

Regards.

the file has just been posted... well at least i got my post count up lmfao.

Regards.

Frustrating alright, Had to go elsewhere to get the file myself earlier.

Just added this firmware to my box. But when going to the epg guide to see whats on now and next it showes the date as being jan 01 and thus then doesn't show whats on. However if i press the info button when watching a channel it'll tell me whats on.

Has anyone got same problem or know how to get round it?

make sure your time is set to auto and that the GMT is set to 1hr+ and that summertime is set to off.

Regards.

Flashed this image.But doesnt the TV ratio bother u guys? It looks awful on a widescreen.

The older images i.e. 257 was perfect for widescreen.

Any way of making the new images with the older ratio?

just flashed it to a clone to see if it bricks will let you know

If there is a check built in then it is likely to be date triggered. Just because it works today does not guarantee that it wont brick your box tomorrow !

In fact, I'd be inclined NOT to do any playing with these boxes for the next few days as the rumours suggest that the 8th could be trigger day !

Flashed this image.But doesnt the TV ratio bother u guys? It looks awful on a widescreen.

The older images i.e. 257 was perfect for widescreen.

Any way of making the new images with the older ratio?

to make the ratio better on all channels go to user setup>aspect ratio and change it to letter screen makes it look a bit better

btw has any1 got an epg on the starview with the nu software i'm still the same nothing shows in the epg i checked the date and time on it and changed it to the correct date/time and still nothing

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

to make the ratio better on all channels go to user setup>aspect ratio and change it to letter screen makes it look a bit better

btw has any1 got an epg on the starview with the nu software i'm still the same nothing shows in the epg i checked the date and time on it and changed it to the correct date/time and still nothing

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Yeah tryed all that m8,Its still a cack picture ration.Not close to proper 16:9

Bit annoying couse they had it perfect,.And muddled it up.U would think it would be the other way around.

this version 4.00 seems to work fine for me, the version 3 kept freezing every half hour.
I`m in an ex area.

Much better then v.3.00 which was impossible to watch but still hangs now and again n*l Dublin

If this version stops the randon freezing I would gladly put up
with the aspect ratio issue.

Back