Stage 1 of New Shed...

Secondly the corner's of the shed roof, should they be covered so no timber is shown or they can be left open?
Builder said its fine to leave open as its timber?

its a nap the wind will rip the roof felt to bits if those corners were left open m8, not forgeting driveing rain getting in there too {any decent roofer builder knows this, }--"infact anyone decent at diy would too"

a builder to say the roof will be fine as it is {is takeing the piss out of someone that knows nothing about building work}

I had a word with the builder today and we had a right laugh, as it was a misunderstanding. Because we was waiting for the guttering work to be compelted and it took additional time cause of the delivery failed they had left it open intentionally.
Hes glueing it/nailing it down tommorow.

As for the floor that some parts had raising damp, he has put down concrete sealent, then the plastic sheets on top once thats dries, insulation and right ontop the wooden flooring.

I had a word with the builder today and we had a right laugh, as it was a misunderstanding. Because we was waiting for the guttering work to be compelted and it took additional time cause of the delivery failed they had left it open intentionally.
Hes glueing it/nailing it down tommorow.

As for the floor that some parts had raising damp, he has put down concrete sealent, then the plastic sheets on top once thats dries, insulation and right ontop the wooden flooring.

as long as your happy with the job m8, {its you paying for it}

show us some better pics when the roofs done {front and sides}---

wait until we get a hot day m8, {get yourself a ladder and paintroller attached to a broomhandle}-----"roll out any inperfections where its puddleing gently"

do this from the ladder m8 "dont step on the roof, ---just incase

Well the main builder has said because of the size of the room and the black jack etc, it takes around 1-2 months for the roof to settle down. He has said wait a month and if its still a problem to call them back as by then it should be propper settled.

This 'builder' is talking bollocks.
Roofs don't have to 'settle down'
Also what the f*ck is blackjack.

This 'builder' is talking bollocks.
Roofs don't have to 'settle down'
Also what the f*ck is blackjack.

its been mentioned to him m8 {he's got, what you might call an unconventional builder}

blackjack is a building mastic {mainly used for patch work/ leaks/and around pipes on felt roofs}----never dries out apart from the surface film---"should be ok as an adhesive on felt"

its been mentioned to him m8 {he's got, what you might call an unconventional builder}

blackjack is a building mastic {mainly used for patch work/ leaks/and around pipes on felt roofs}----never dries out apart from the surface film---"should be ok as an adhesive on felt"

Yea I know what the builder meant, just wanted to know if Mobad understood what he was being told.
This stuff is OK for a very temporary repair but not the whole roof.

Last edited:
Well the shed/room is finally complete. As mentioned before the roof will be assessed again in 2 weeks, hes working on a neighbours shed now so if in 2 weeks the problem persists, which most likely it will, then he will come and replace the roof or repair it.

Looks really nice inside Mobad. Well done.
However, I have serious misgivings about the roof. It would be a shame to ruin the inside just because the builder didn't get a 'flat roofer' on the job.
Can you post a photo of the roof. Incidently, I am a felt-fixer and my advice is always available to you.

Sure thing, I was going to post one today but left it late as its now night.
Ill take a full picture tommorow and ill defo appreciate all ur feedback.
Cheers!

So today moved in my equipment and hooked up a base with the 1 speaker I could find (the rest need to be taken out from under the carpet).
Took a while to sort out the correct layout but im happy with this as once my TV is up on the wall, while training I can watch and when using it to relax wont need to adjust anything.

Updated pics -

looks like a tardis inside mate..

Welldone on the build :)

all you need now is a 50" plasma on the wall :)

Thanx allot m8.
That 50" plasma might have to wait a month or so until I refuel my account.
Might get a 42" instead, mean while ill have to do with my 27".

Back