Stage 1 of New Shed...

looks cool for a shed did ya dig and throw some armored cable down for electric in there ?
also i would have gone for a pitch on that roof and tbh if i had to go flat i would be doubling up on the the timber sheeting and i would use a EPDM rubber its worth that little extra and can be done diy ..
i dislike flat felt roofs as they will inevitably create problems
worth a consideration theres a few suppliers on evilbay

Not done yet - the damp course and rendering still needs to be done.

what way are they doing the dampcourse m8 ??????????????{injecting it ??}

riseing damp will be a concern if they cockup on the dampcourse {also you will get riseing damp though the original floor if its got "no" damproof membrane}
a new floor will need a damproof membrane

another concern "will" be penetrating damp through the rear of the rear wall {thats a "certainty" if it is'nt pointed or renderd and then waterproofed}

you dont want damp when electricity is concerned m8

sorry to say this m8, {but i think your getting ripped by cowboys} tw*ts are only after your money for a quick job}

if i was you i would get an independent builder in to survey what they've already done

what way are they doing the dampcourse m8 ??????????????{injecting it ??}

riseing damp will be a concern if they cockup on the dampcourse {also you will get riseing damp though the original floor if its got "no" damproof membrane}
a new floor will need a damproof membrane

another concern "will" be penetrating damp through the rear of the rear wall {thats a "certainty" if it is'nt pointed or renderd and then waterproofed}

you dont want damp when electricity is concerned m8

sorry to say this m8, {but i think your getting ripped by cowboys} tw*ts are only after your money for a quick job}

if i was you i would get an independent builder in to survey what they've already done

Sadly I agree with this post mate, Had my brother take a look who is a brickie... and he is shocked at the workmanship, The damp course should of been put it and not injected or however they intend to put it in.. They can not gurantee a 100% damp proof layer now.
I would deffo get it checked out before handing over any more money, or any money at all mate.
Just because you dont been building/planning permission dont mean the job does not have to be done to building reg standards mate.

Hold on aint the damp course suppose to be put in the walls (under the plaster boards?)?
As for the flooring can they not put it above the concrete base?

Hold on aint the damp course suppose to be put in the walls (under the plaster boards?)?
As for the flooring can they not put it above the concrete base?

no m8, the dampcourse is laid on the bottom brickwork {like the pic} otherwise the blockwork will soakup moisture from the ground {knackering internal plasterboards and external render. {those light blocks are like sponges}

a concrete floor needs a menbrane below it m8,

Guys there is damp course on the bricks and on the roof hes using a method called black magic paint that turns into rubber.
As for the back wall, he said hes going to render it and waterproof it.

Pics of todays work and the damp course on bottom bricks -

Last edited:
Guys there is damp course on the bricks and on the roof hes using a method called black magic paint that turns into rubber.
As for the back wall, he said hes going to render it and waterproof it.

Pics of todays work and the damp course on bottom bricks -

thats fair enough then m8, {i was only thinking you "might" be wasteing money if these jobs were'nt done},

ask your builder whats happening with the floor ???????{could be doubtfull weather the original floor had a dampproof membrane underneath it}

Thanks, you got better eyesight than me. Thinking of doing something similar myself, knocked down old shed a while back and it had wooden ones, just looking at costings.

yup sorry m8 its concrete lintels.
Ill find out how they are doing the floor, but I doubt originally it had any damp course on there.
However he did say the other day as the floor is not complete yet (they still need to knock out some bricks and level the floor) they will be adding dampcourse to that as well.

the first thing they should do is put the floor

the first thing they should do is put the floor first,with reinforcing,with a polythene membrain under that,then cover that with 6 inch of concrete,of the concrete should be two course of blue bricks,then d.p.c on top of them then start your block work.
im a bricklayer so if you need to no anything just ask

Latest Update (last few days had rain so again slow progress) -

Everything is now done, however the walls that were plastered outside and a tiny bit inside are still damp.
Its been 4-5 days and it has rained few times in them days.
Should it have dried by now?

Everything is now done, however the walls that were plastered outside and a tiny bit inside are still damp.
Its been 4-5 days and it has rained few times in them days.
Should it have dried by now?

not realy m8, all depends on the weather {rain doesnt help}

it looks good m8 .
i would put a bed in it for when the wife kicks you out lol, spending all that time building it .
great job on it m80

Here's the outside of the shed, more or less finished (Inside currently paining) -

Lol, well im gonna use it as a mini gym and stress out room. Gonna hook up my 5 speakers and hifi system. Once I save up a bit more, ill get a 42" TV or a projector.
Just need to sort out the flooring now.

Back