Staffordshire bull terriers.

sargie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thought i would post this.Ive owned one now for 8 months, these have to be the most placid loyal people orientated dog in the world.

I judged these dogs with predjudice before i bought one, id always liked the breed but from the horror stories i worried about keeping one with children.

My kids are adored by this dog he is just amazing. I can not go to the bathroom without him following me. Training was so easy because he just wants to do right by me, never strays far he is so obedient and loyal even more so than my labrador.

I hate to think what people must do to these dogs in order to make them fighters.

sat here on pc,mine comes upstairs and is lay down on the floor in the room,take it out for a walk and it jumps up at people excited asthough everyone is its owner,soft as shite and i would trust it with any kid

animals are what you train them

sat here on pc,mine comes upstairs and is lay down on the floor in the room,take it out for a walk and it jumps up at people excited asthough everyone is its owner,soft as shite and i would trust it with any kid

animals are what you train them

Agreed if im honest they can be agressive towards their own my isister has mines brother and they hate each other. But he adores every human. He will bark at anyone if they wear a hat or hoody but as soon as they get near him he pees and runs off lol.

You have to remember that a dog is a pack animal and always will be. Your dog has adapted and accepted his role in the house.
You are alpha male and he's accepted the fact the kids come before him as well,by doing that you have done it the right way.

Too many people have a dog and then kids come along later. It creates terrible confusion in a canine as it is quickly stripped of its place in the home.

Take pride in him mate and enjoy your dog.

I've got a boxer/mastiff cross myself and its daft as a brush. Never been aggressive and wouldn't bite a skin off custard...its that soft!

As Bro said,animals are what you train them.

Same as the old adage,there are no bad dogs,just bad owners!

I've got a boxer/mastiff cross myself and its daft as a brush. Never been aggressive and wouldn't bite a skin off custard...its that soft!

As Bro said,animals are what you train them.

Same as the old adage,there are no bad dogs,just bad owners!

Ive watched the dog whisperer alot and he shatters many myths about the pit bull.I took the dogs out today and they both had a good sniff around a shar pei again another supposedly aggresive dog that was not.

Ive watched the dog whisperer alot and he shatters many myths about the pit bull.I took the dogs out today and they both had a good sniff around a shar pei again another supposedly aggresive dog that was not.

Well I must admit that you've surprised me then mate. :Clap:

I've never met a Shar Pei that wasn't aggressive. Fookin mad breed if you don't bring them up right.

got a staff bitch .the most loyal dog ever .the only thing is she doesnt like yorkies.the person who had her b4 me said she was attacked by 3 of them when she was a puppy..but as she's never of a lead unless in a fenced of area .its other ppl that seem to let there's off them....if i go out she sits on the couch looking out the window till i get back .....and also there so clever and easy to train

i agree dogs are how you bring them up

but wait till the

dogs are wild animals brigade start to post

Aye, a well behaved dog is a credit to the owner. I love the dog whisperer, one of my fav shows... Did you know Daddy died near the begining of 2010? He was originally a puppy given to him by the rapper Methodman (or it might have been Redman!?!) becuase he didn't have the time to look after him. Lovely dog...

got a staff bitch .the most loyal dog ever .the only thing is she doesnt like yorkies.the person who had her b4 me said she was attacked by 3 of them when she was a puppy..but as she's never of a lead unless in a fenced of area .its other ppl that seem to let there's off them....if i go out she sits on the couch looking out the window till i get back .....and also there so clever and easy to train

Haha mine spends most of his time looking out the window thinking he is it.

guys the misses has a lhasa apso
and i can honestly say he is the most aggressive and retarded fooker ive ever owned,(think hes a tim)
ive never met or seen anything more aggressive ,once hes dead no more.

and i can honestly say he is the most aggressive and retarded fooker ive ever owned,(think hes a tim)

:Clap:
That made me actually laugh out loud.

I've never even heard of those till I've just googled it.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8942/lhasaapso.jpg

Can't get the image to direct link but...

Aggressive????

yes i would agree with you thier m8, my sister owned one....narkey little runt it was.

We have a blue staff bitch, best dog ive ever had, had her from pup , shes nearly 3 now, most loyal dog ever, soft as shite , however she barks like crazy and gets all puffed up when strangers come on our land (garden etc).

would trust her with anyone, however i do uinderstand she is a dog, and all dogs can bite / turn, so dont 100% trust her with little kids, although shes yet to prove nasty with anyone.

shes had a few run ins with other dogs, but she generally ignores other animal.

one thing she dont like is gettin her fanny sniffed lol, goes fookin mental, seen her snap a a dog-de bordaux (whatever there called).

she had ten pups about 8 month ago, 1 born dead, all the rest survived and are cracking dogs, her first litter (and last) got a good few blues out of it as well.

would trust her with anyone, however i do uinderstand she is a dog, and all dogs can bite / turn, so dont 100% trust her with little kids, although shes yet to prove nasty with anyone.
True ALL dogs can bite/attack but a staff will ALWAYS go for the throat everytime,dog or child, thats the instinct of a staff and it dosnt matter how you bring the dog up you CAN NOT remove its instint.
A Labrador will always bring things back to you/carry stuff home,its a retriever by instinct
Throw a ball for a border collie and it will run round in circles waiting for you to throw it regardless as to weather it ever seen a sheep in it life,its a herder by instinct.
IF a Staff ever attacks it will ALWAYS go for the throat.its a fighter/killer by instinct.

Me and the missus have an American Bulldog (yes, the baby eating breed), I've had her since a pup, shes now 3 and a half. As said before once a dog is trained to know its position in the pack it lives that position, She is the most placid, obedient, well behaved hound I know (dog is quite good as well :proud:)

Last edited:
ya i love staffys i had staffy cross with pitty before only reason i had him cause he was been mistreated and bag head had him i had no kids no lady so i was fine never bit no one at all soft as fook,,,ive got a parson terrior now hes little shit

True ALL dogs can bite/attack but a staff will ALWAYS go for the throat everytime,dog or child, thats the instinct of a staff and it dosnt matter how you bring the dog up you CAN NOT remove its instint.
A Labrador will always bring things back to you/carry stuff home,its a retriever by instinct
Throw a ball for a border collie and it will run round in circles waiting for you to throw it regardless as to weather it ever seen a sheep in it life,its a herder by instinct.
IF a Staff ever attacks it will ALWAYS go for the throat.its a fighter/killer by instinct.

I don't agree with that. For a start my labrador wont retrieve for love nor money! And my dad has trained 3 gun dogs.

He will retrieve out of water but not on the land, Labradors were bread to retrieve fishing nets out of water so that makes sense i guess.He wont carry anything in his mouth though and as i said will not retrieve on land.

As for my staff they are one breed of dog out of 150 that are recommended to have with children. I was weary of the breeed read the stuff in the news papers. And as i said these dogs must be tortured to show agression because he just does not have an agressive bone in his body.

It's the thugs that own them and use them as a status symbol that have given this breed the predjudice they recieve. And ofc the idiots that do still fight them illegaly.

Back