Spiderbox alternative

apricey

Inactive User
Reaction score
After reading of the switch off of Ethernet I did a bit of research into the alternatives. For those in the same boat it did seem a bit daunting. But just use Google. I found a trial and entered the details sent to me by e-mail. Follow the instructions given on this site. I entered the details manually using the remote for my 9000. I was still doubting, but go to a sat not covered by ethernet, like Turksat or 23.5e. Hey it works!! But just in case switch off Ethernet, if you still have it, and UCAS. It still worked. So I must have done it correctly. Press the info button twice and the details you entered will appear instead of ethernet or UCAS.It took a while and my free trial must be over soon,but I think I am prepared for being cut off! I got my box in January so I may have a few weeks yet to go before paying. Hope this reassures others. I am looking now for a dependable supplier oif anybody could let me know. Good luck:Doc:

Sorry mate BUT Ethernet has not been switch off, it's only the receivers OVER the 12 months period that have lost it. Service+/Ethernet/Gift package was only intended to 12 months.

Sorry mate BUT Ethernet has not been switch off, it's only the receivers OVER the 12 months period that have lost it. Service+/Ethernet/Gift package was only intended to 12 months.

whilst its true that ethernet has not been switched off it was the nuevoxstream server that was billed as lasting only for 12 months and people were led to believe that the service+/ethernet element was open ended and I do understand why a lot of people who bought boxes in the last 12 months are a bit put out to find this is not so,all these type of boxes carry the risk of going off air at anytime but this has be badly handled for what is a good box with (now)very stable ethernet channels.

I suppose the ethernet channels are now more stable because the load on the server has been lightened somewhat.

Jimi - my post was to encourage others who think Ethernet ending means the final curtain to seek alternative ways of viewing. I may have worded my first sentence badly! I still have Ethernet for a little while yet. I researched and was pleasantly surprised wth what can be achieved with this box. My only real question is - can anybody point me in the direction of a stable, dependable provider as I only used one of the many trial offers and some channels break up. But the point is 'I managed Ethernet-free viewing'! For a non-technical person this is GREAT!

To be honest it was always my impression that the "gift" be it Neuvo or Service+ was for one year, I know that when there was a problem with the server DM said no one would lose out and every one would get a full years worth and we have had that and more. I dont recollect a post saying it would go on indefinitely and to be fair we've had good value for our money and we still have well made receivers into the bargain.
If any member was reliant on the "gift" then look at ways to extend your viewing, the beauty of the Spiderbox receivers is the simplicity of extending, it really is simple to do also if in doubt then help is right here for the asking.

Jimi - my post was to encourage others who think Ethernet ending means the final curtain to seek alternative ways of viewing. I may have worded my first sentence badly! I still have Ethernet for a little while yet. I researched and was pleasantly surprised wth what can be achieved with this box. My only real question is - can anybody point me in the direction of a stable, dependable provider as I only used one of the many trial offers and some channels break up. But the point is 'I managed Ethernet-free viewing'! For a non-technical person this is GREAT!

Precisely my point, it,s a piece of cake to extend these receivers.

@apricey your PM box is full.
@jimi i dont think he qualifies yet for pm ability matey

anyhows if you aint extended your spiderbox capabillitys from day one then you need your head read lol because most of the channels that apply to us in the uk was not part of the gift / neuvo/ service+/ethernet anyway so a diffrent method would have been needed anyway

whilst its true that ethernet has not been switched off it was the nuevoxstream server that was billed as lasting only for 12 months and people were led to believe that the service+/ethernet element was open ended and I do understand why a lot of people who bought boxes in the last 12 months are a bit put out to find this is not so,all these type of boxes carry the risk of going off air at anytime but this has be badly handled for what is a good box with (now)very stable ethernet channels.

exactly all the different mods ,admin elsewhere strongly hinted the service plus was open ended or at the very least a sub to extend it:Mad2:

exactly all the different mods ,admin elsewhere strongly hinted the service plus was open ended or at the very least a sub to extend it:Mad2:

Come on guys I'm sure that all were aware it was for 12 months and lasted long over that, as for taking out a sub to extend it that is exactly what I and others (see JimmyP's post above) have been saying for a good long time now. The Gift/Service+/Ethernet package could only offer a fraction of what is available so instead of complaining about the loss of Ethernet dig just a little for the information and join the real world of the Spiderbox.
And remember that you can NewcamD share with your friends NOT be limited to a client only, that way you can quickly build up your own user group if you wish.

I think the hard part is finding a reliable (& trustworthy ) share. I have had a few good lines but have been stung by them .thats what made the service+ such a good spiderbox seller. Having just set up an openbox 10 ,they seem to have same features(except service+) and vast price difference.

I have Openbox S9 and S10, must say I'm not that pleased with them. Build quality not so good, remote not so good but they do work however no 12 months line either which needs to be taken into consideration with the price, otherwise we get an unfair comparison.

Could i get pointed in the right direction for a good line????

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Back