sound bar for tv

i use orbitsound t12 read reviews and it had really good ones for remote using logitech 300 controls 4 things from 1

i ended up buying the Yamaha yas-101 sound bar and really impressed with the clarity and it all works off my TV remote

can finally hear people talk again which is nice

Ive been looking at the Sharp range, mainly as I have a Sharp TV

I bought the Sharp HT- SB30 from Tesco the other day as it was on sale for £70, sound was OK not great but just OK, but the most annoying thing is it has this feature that if it dont detect sound it will go into standby mode (after 20 minutes) well if it was below a certain level it wouldn't detect the sound and kept turning off lol so thats going back

I was looking at this setup Roth Bar1

or waiting a bit until the Bar 3 drops in price

Again I was in tesco today (wife picking up online orders, I dont live in tesco ;)) while at the counter I asked if they had any Roth sound bars in stock, I was thinking of the Sub Zero II @ £135, read lots of reviews and for the price seemed good
anyway she came back with the Sub Zero I and scanned @ £79 :) so I took that one

just set it up and its much better than the Sharp :) nice bass and clear sounds, for £79 Im well happy :)

one thing that may get overlooked is the amount of inputs on the sound bar,spdif,digital,and phonos allow multiple things to play without having everything powered on.

I feed everything through the tv then tosslink it back to the soundbar .
I am going to save up for the sonos sound bar but might take a while :(

I feed everything through the tv then tosslink it back to the soundbar

Same :) Optical from TV to bar, only thing is different boxes have different audio levels lol Blu Ray and TV are different to Dreambox and Youview

Roth Sub Zero
Inputs:
RCA Stereo Connectors (TV, DVD, DVRs, or Set - Top - Box)
3.5 mm Stereo Mini Jack (TV, MP3 Players)
Optical Input

Back