some questions about doing a box for a different area

cg010169

DW Regular
Reaction score
I said to my cousin ages ago that if he ever came across a sammy 2100c that i would do one for him. Any way he rings me up and he's got one.
Now im fine when it comes to getting the Bk and ird from the box cutting the talk back etc as i've done it on my box so that aint a issue.

but have questions over the following, if anyone could help that would be great

my cousin lives in Norris green in liverpool, how would i know what the netid would be for that area. I've had a look on the site and found the area code list but it lists 2 for liverpool shown below
netid freq
LIVERPOOL 1-NORTH TW 40966 571.000
LIVERPOOL 2-NORTH TW 40965 571.000

which one wuld come under norris green or does that come under a different code

Or doesn't it matter as i've been reading that if the person is in a pure area then it will set the freq by it's self when it's turned on. if' thats true or not.

found this thread about changing the Netid which looks top dollar who ever up it together.
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/106913/&highlight=changing+net+id

What steps is best to take for changing the net id for the different area.

Im just thinking about what happens when the box takes the update then i jag it to get the info of, wouldn't it set the net id to my area

would i have to make the card first, then set the netid to whatever number .
Just interested to know how when u have set the net id for a different area and done the card that it's all working. Cos when it's all done, you couldn't test it as the box is set for a different area.

hope that makes some sense to someone here, any info would be great. cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sammy 2100 will not work in Telewest areas; the 2110 will

he isn't on telewest tho, he has virgin in his house.
not sure what u mean by the telewest thing. Is that like the area they were set up as, like i was ex C&W

I said to my cousin ages ago that if he ever came across a sammy 2100c that i would do one for him. Any way he rings me up and he's got one.
Now im fine when it comes to getting the Bk and ird from the box cutting the talk back etc as i've done it on my box so that aint a issue.

but have questions over the following, if anyone could help that would be great

my cousin lives in Norris green in liverpool, how would i know what the netid would be for that area. I've had a look on the site and found the area code list but it lists 2 for liverpool shown below
netid freq
LIVERPOOL 1-NORTH TW 40966 571.000
LIVERPOOL 2-NORTH TW 40965 571.000

which one wuld come under norris green or does that come under a different code

Or doesn't it matter as i've been reading that if the person is in a pure area then it will set the freq by it's self when it's turned on. if' thats true or not.

found this thread about changing the Netid which looks top dollar who ever up it together.
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/106913/&highlight=changing+net+id

What steps is best to take for changing the net id for the different area.

Im just thinking about what happens when the box takes the update then i jag it to get the info of, wouldn't it set the net id to my area

would i have to make the card first, then set the netid to whatever number .
Just interested to know how when u have set the net id for a different area and done the card that it's all working. Cos when it's all done, you couldn't test it as the box is set for a different area.

hope that makes some sense to someone here, any info would be great. cheers

LIVERPOOL is Telewest m8 Sammy 2100 will not work in t/w

Last edited by a moderator:
Back