some help needed please

damage

Inactive User
Reaction score
right i have installed this raid mobo and it was the mobo and not memory as it fires up ok now and both sticks of ram are ok but this is the first time i have fitted a raid mobo did not think it would be any more differant than a ide one but i can not get it detect my hard drive it does detect the dvd rom and cd writer so i swoped the ide cables around thinking that if it detects the 2 drives on the channel it will if i swop the ide cable over the detect the hard drive and cd rom on that cable but same problem did not detect hard drive or cd rom i can not get to use the install disk as i can not get it to run in this state i can get in to bios any ideas

i have hit the format button now m8 lol the last backup i did of my apps etc was in march so i will be in a download frenzy if i ever get this pc running again

feck feck feck took over a hour to to to 98% of format then just stopped feck feck feck here we go again another hour waiting

lol i did do a quickie in the end had 2 more attempts at the slow one but still only got to 98% each time so done the quick one and it was done in about 3 minutes i have xp installed now so thx for all you help just installing some virus and firewall stuff all a bit out of date but ok until i buy new lol got all the drivers installed now and a big empty hard drive i still need to set up the jumpers as its saying i have a 1.5 amd and its 2.8 and i think the ram is running at 233 instead of 400 but i may be back to you on that one lol just had about enough for one night i think i have made a cock up on the system panel connector as i don't get the hard drive light flashing also need to find drivers for mouse as the right click is the left and and the left click the right and i bet i have fun when i try to activate windows as well fecking computers lol

yep getting there m8 just one more silly one for tonight i can not get a @ on the keyboard i get " instead i have done this before somewhere in the settings but i can not remember where the setting is to change it now i have the keyboard set to english

feck im on the lappy but its control panel / keyboard change it to english and same with regions i know you say its on english but sounds like american

i set up the option to English (uk) when i set up xp and thats what it show it set up as but still get the " and not the @ lol

is it a wireless key board or usb if so install the drivers make sure its also eng (uk) in the regions settings in control panel

at the moment i have a trackball explorer and a intelemouse and 2 microsoft pro keyboards 1 mouse and keyboard on usb and one keyboard and mouse on ps2 i know i need drivers for all of them but i will need to download tham as i can not find the drivers lol just loading up my harddrive with mush needed apps

on start bar at bottom is en click this and then click english (united kingdom)

plus damage m8 if u install sp2 it sorts all kind out for u

yes m8 i will install sp2 now as i don't have any app's now for it to stop them working @@@@@@@@@@@@@@'@@@lol this is the pc i have just fitted the new mobo in so getting there may need some advice on jumper settings if anyone is up for it tomorrow did not see any options in bios when i was in there today so must be done on the board need to get my ram running a 400 and my 2.8 cpu running at its proper speed system says is a amd 1.5 but its a 2.8

damage said:
yes m8 i will install sp2 now as i don't have any app's now for it to stop them working @@@@@@@@@@@@@@'@@@lol this is the pc i have just fitted the new mobo in so getting there may need some advice on jumper settings if anyone is up for it tomorrow did not see any options in bios when i was in there today so must be done on the board need to get my ram running a 400 and my 2.8 cpu running at its proper speed system says is a amd 1.5 but its a 2.8

what board have u got
i will look for the manual so i can help

its a asrock k7vt6 m8 its quite new don't know if you will find to much info on it as i tried to get some reviews about it but could not find any .

[DLMURL]http://www.asrock.com/product/product_k7vt6.htm[/DLMURL]

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
thats the one m8 i tried to get some independent reviews on it but no one seems to have done one or i was looking in the wrong places

arrrr i see i did not get that far in the manual lol i think my cpu runs at 333mhz being a 2.8 not sure about that though do i need to change any jumpers to get the ram to run faster m8 think it was set to 266 mgz but i have a gig of 400 does setting the cpu jumpers do this

Back