Snow?

The classical view is focused on the cat but, given it's a thought experiment...

...oops, the box just disappeared in a puff of logic!

Just edging slightly back on target, briefly, has anyone had so much snow coverage that it has affected their satellite reception?

Just I wondered how bad the snowfall has to get to do this? Particularly airborne but lying too (build up on dish and/or lnb) ;)

not this year I haven't but I have had to sweep the snow from the dish before to regsin my signal. :)

Just edging slightly back on target, briefly, has anyone had so much snow coverage that it has affected their satellite reception?

Just I wondered how bad the snowfall has to get to do this? Particularly airborne but lying too (build up on dish and/or lnb) ;)

my phone has nearly exploded with people phoning and sending messages, even on facebook lol, ive just told everyone spray the dish with water and dont contact me for a week

itll be fine, untill the water on the dish thats moved the snow, freezes, and distorts the reflective curve of the dish

mines plastered in snow, ive probably got no signal, but as i dont watch telly, ive not even noticed lol

Thanks for the replies guys.

I guess it must not be a serious issue otherwise there would be more takers? Just thought the airborne snow would have been dense enough to cause a reduction/loss of signal somewhere of late?

Just thinking this morning about what a great job the grit men have done on the main roads so far. Last year everywhere was covered in snow. Great job all you grit men at last some value for money. What are the main roads like near everyone else?.

my back garden :)

1j6m0.jpg

not a bad sight to wake up to, is it?

on the down side, I see our modern cameras still cant take a properly exposed picture of a snow scene.

not a bad sight to wake up to, is it?

on the down side, I see our modern cameras still cant take a properly exposed picture of a snow scene.

it was taken with my old nokia 6300 phone mate ;)

I see our modern cameras still cant take a properly exposed picture of a snow scene.

In the past :)nopity:) you just opened up by a couple of f-stops, but with "idiot proof" modern automatics, this usually means having to faff about delving through menus to override the aperture.

I cant believe that we in the west of Scotland (Greenock to be precise) have no snow what so ever. my kids are gutted as am I. I am still hopeful that we will get some.

I cant believe that we in the west of Scotland (Greenock to be precise) have no snow what so ever. my kids are gutted as am I. I am still hopeful that we will get some.

Have a look in the bargain basement section mate it might be of some use to you. :whistle:

In the past :)nopity:) you just opened up by a couple of f-stops, but with "idiot proof" modern automatics, this usually means having to faff about delving through menus to override the aperture.
indeed so.
I do that, even now, with this modern gear.
but i make sure you can do this sort of thing, with a camera, before i consider buying it. (however cheap it may be.)
You need to take it in RAW format.
which will have absolutely no effect on the problem.
what you get is a higher resolution, but still badly exposed, picture!

Who left the window open

View attachment 71220

phew.
its gona take you ages to snort that lot.
never mind paying for it!!!!!!!
lol

Last edited:

same here in dalgety bay on the east coast.. not a whiff of snow and yet 2 miles away in dunfermline they got 3 inches

Back