Snow?

Just edging slightly back on target, briefly, has anyone had so much snow coverage that it has affected their satellite reception?

Just I wondered how bad the snowfall has to get to do this? Particularly airborne but lying too (build up on dish and/or lnb) ;)

yep, both heavy rain and falling snow can cause problem with my reception.
and cleaning the dish is often a must to keep it working.

10pm last night all buses stopped running near me :(. My daughter was out with her friends and when it was time to go home she phoned for a taxi. The reply she got was "there is a 5 hour waiting time for taxi's due to bad weather". She managed to stay at her friends last night. So thanks to all this fecking snow I was awake all night worried sick whether my daughter got to her friends or not?. The last text I got from her was to state that her phone battery was running low and that she will try to phone me from a land line. So here I am still waiting. :(

The last text I got from her was to state that her phone battery was running low and that she will try to phone me from a land line. So here I am still waiting. :(

Surely almost every kid from the age of about 8 has got their own mobile phone, no doubt including her mates she is staying with, so why not ask to borrow one of theirs for two minutes to put you at your ease? I think you need to have a polite word. Just tell her you worry yourself sick with not knowing how she is. They need to understand no matter how mature or independent they think they are your still their parent :)

Hope you hear soon.

She has just arrived home now guys thank goodness for that. Typical teenage attitude what's to eat? and I am going for a shower now. Ffs arghhhhh :(.

Good to hear that miggy. Don't forget to wash behind your ears now!

It's funny when we was teenagers we did exactly the same thing. Now we are parents we are trying to tell them not to do it. :)

I was in Poland last month and its -20 there , everyone cracks on tho , no messing , drivers drive normal, buses turn up, everything is just fine, yet we get a bit of the white stuff and its costs the uk 1.2 bn a day. no wonder where in trouble......

Everyone should be made to get snow/winter tyres by law, then no one would have trouble getting stuck.
how do u think cold countries do it. they adapt. not panic every time,it snows every year here but we never learn anything.

I was in Poland last month and its -20 there , everyone cracks on tho , no messing , drivers drive normal, buses turn up, everything is just fine, yet we get a bit of the white stuff and its costs the uk 1.2 bn a day. no wonder where in trouble......

Everyone should be made to get snow/winter tyres by law, then no one would have trouble getting stuck.
how do u think cold countries do it. they adapt. not panic every time,it snows every year here but we never learn anything.

What also gets me is I looked out of my window this morning and all the snow has gone and it's a sunny day. How strange?. All that panic as you say was for one day only.

woooooooooooooooooooooooooo all the snows gone thank god

Back