Smudges on samsung LE32R88BD (LE32R87BDX) LCD Television

microbar

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
I bought a Samsung LE32R88BD (LE32R87BDX) LCD Television from Pixmania On 12TH MARCH 08
The tv developed smudge like marks after about 8 month I wrote to Pixmania to compalin about the smudge like marks
on the 16th October 09. The letter was unanswered and eventually returned by royal mail.
Address unknown. I therefore rang pixmania who basically informed me that nothing could be done as the tv was now out of guarantee.
I wonder has anyone here had the same problem with the smudge marks on there samsung tv.
And if so has anyone used the sale of good act to get some redress for this problem.
I am disabled and had to save up a long time for this tv which was over £400 at the time.
At the moment the fault is worsening and more noticable on such as football matches or when the picture content is moving.
As the smudges are darker than the rest of the picture.
I understand that to make asuccesfull claim against the manufacturers you have to prove that an inherent fault existed with the panel on manufacture.
Is this model prone to smudging ?.
Do you think it is worth writing to samsung has anyone already done so.
If so who did you write to.
Thank you for your help. :Cheers:

Nearly 4 years on I don't think you are going to get anywhere, but check this thread anyway: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/211990/ Though even if you'd posted back in '09 Pixmania have a bad rep for after sales support.

It might be worth writing to Samsung, but again you may have waited too long.

I know it's still a fair wad of cash, but 32" TVs seem to start at just under £200.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nearly 4 years on I don't think you are going to get anywhere, but check this thread anyway: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/211990/ Though even if you'd posted back in '09 Pixmania have a bad rep for after sales support.

It might be worth writing to Samsung, but again you may have waited too long.

I know it's still a fair wad of cash, but 32" TVs seem to start at just under £200.

Thanks for your reply little_pob yes I realise its late to complain now but the panel gets worse every day.
I have had crt sets in the past that have lasted 10 year.
Looks like I am going to have to cut my losses with this one .
As it is distracting watching football now.
Anyone got samsung CEO Email or address thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back