Option on 55" tv's

is oled/qled worth buying or does uhd still cut it?

I've got a 55inch 4K LG that I got a couple of year round about crimbo time. Always a deal to be had at this time of the year if you shop about. My LG has been spot on far better than the previous Sony & Samsung sets I had.

The Samsung q80t came today, it fits nicely. The sound seem very good via a Sonos beam and a couple of one's. I think much better due to being modern my last Sony was 9 years old

Attachments

• IMG_20201204_210901.jpg
    IMG_20201204_210901.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
is oled/qled worth buying or does uhd still cut it?
Having just had an OLED delivered tonight, to replace my 5 year old top of the range Samsung Nano Crystal LED/LCD, I would say hell yes OLED is worth buying.

For my tv i have 55inch hisense u8qft which i just cannot fault it piss's over the samsung in the main room some samsung 4k which our lass got and cost a small fortune to out do mine which it does not at all. i have it hooked up to my shield tv and my satellite system all running through my denon av amp. The samsung has the sly q and 4k fire cube running it and the in bulit apps all hard wired.
But tellys have come a long way the last few years pitty the price has not dropped yet just hope 8k comes along soon so 4k drop in price.

@dickie1968
Gotta agree, the quality on these new Hisense are the dogs danglies plus their warranty and returns service is very good. I've got 2 older 4k 50" 55" ones and people still comment how clear it is.
I recently saw a 55" with Alexa for £289!!

Come on ! Save your money and buy a Nvidia Shield 4 Pro with the money saved

Yes @silverdale must say not seen many a bad word about the Hisense 4k panels even in the old models always get good marks from AVForums, its a pity people like to play the snob badge like our lass. The extra you save, you can get a Shield 2019 pro or 2017 pro or the new fromuler gtv and a few 2tb hard drives for your movie/photo/music/torrentsdownloads to stream round the house/phone/etc.
I like mine because it nice looks and nearly zero bezel, also the added suprise which is never mentioned anywhere even in Hisense own specs it has multi satellite tuner built in. I only found this out when i saw the f plug connecter next to the freeview input and me being a dick gave it a try, you can never have too many satellite feeds.

Hisense Roku tv 55in
4K Smart Tv R7
in bedroom seems fine

I have never been a fan of Sony since they started making LCD sets, the PQ always seems a bit lack-lustre compared with the competition. But a customer recently bought a 65" OLED and image is perfectly OK and as @cactikid says the sound is superb for a flat panel TV.
Another customer bought one of the first LG OLEDs about 4 years ago and it looks awful now. Really bad screen burn where the Sky guide & banners are. Perhaps newer ones will be better, but if there is a cheap way of extending the warranty I think it would be worth it.

I have never been a fan of Sony since they started making LCD sets, the PQ always seems a bit lack-lustre compared with the competition. But a customer recently bought a 65" OLED and image is perfectly OK and as @cactikid says the sound is superb for a flat panel TV.
Another customer bought one of the first LG OLEDs about 4 years ago and it looks awful now. Really bad screen burn where the Sky guide & banners are. Perhaps newer ones will be better, but if there is a cheap way of extending the warranty I think it would be worth it.
Latest OLED's are supposed to be much better in resisting screen burn and image retention.

John Lewis offer an extended 5 year warranty for £140 that covers screen burn and accidental damage.

I think the new LG Oleds have the option to turn the logo brightness down. The setting is logo luminance adjuster.

I have one. I wish it was androidtv instead. it's a nice tv with a nice price so you can afford a sheild or firestick ;)

One thing i have noticed lately is the sony update keeps updating android about 7 times in 2 weeks even if i start to view my zgemma sat box.

Back