Option on 55" tv's

kegnkiwi

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm just wondering as black Friday is almost here I'm looking at people's thoughts are on the best 4k tv 55" for let's say £800.00. I've been looking at sony as they are android tv based and I find it easy to add apps. Reading around some are saying Samsung are the best with their qleds. Anyone seen any deals. I can go higher in cost if its worth it.

Ha ha good god that a massive TV, Mrs says ok but I have to put it on the wall. Oh then I have to take the gas fire out, the board up the hole and plaster it up. Seems hard work just to get a big TV.

Some tvs might have limited app support and i went for the sony bravia 55" 4K oled and the sound quality out of the screen has blown me away.Told it has Sonos sound.

Well I had been looking at Sony bravia range as I like the idea of android TV. It's the same as the Nvidia software. I already have an old bravia witha Sonos beam and two Sono ones for full surround.

My brother has just bought the LG oles bit I thought it was a little too much. Guess I will see.

Well I had been looking at Sony bravia range as I like the idea of android TV. It's the same as the Nvidia software. I already have an old bravia witha Sonos beam and two Sono ones for full surround.

My brother has just bought the LG oles bit I thought it was a little too much. Guess I will see.

I wouldn't really buy a TV just because it has a certain OS.

TV is essentially an output device and if you want the best possible picture then it will cost a bit more

You will find that software updates for certain apps on TVs go out of date quick and there is no guarantee they will work in a few years.

Get a decent TV and get a Shield TV for your media and you will be all set

any apps the TV has onboard will be a bonus whilst they last.

Checkout some reviews too: Best LG TVs 2020: LCD, OLED, 4K HDR

I wouldn't really buy a TV just because it has a certain OS.

TV is essentially an output device and if you want the best possible picture then it will cost a bit more

You will find that software updates for certain apps on TVs go out of date quick and there is no guarantee they will work in a few years.

Get a decent TV and get a Shield TV for your media and you will be all set

any apps the TV has onboard will be a bonus whilst they last.

Checkout some reviews too: Best LG TVs 2020: LCD, OLED, 4K HDR

I agree entirely with the post above, If it's possible go for a OLED, LG seem to be one of the best for their TV o/s updates.

My last TV I couldn't afford a OLED so appreciate cost may be a factor. Your in a fortunate position if you can showcase your brothers TV.

sorry to butt in willin but i'm in the same position as you
Would you all go oled over the Samsung qled?
I'm used to samsung tv's but want the best picture...

Last edited:

Personally I prefer Oled over Qled.
On Oled the blacks and dark scenes are great but the Qled the picture is brighter looking.
You would be better to go into a store and look for yourself at the different panel technologies imo.

If i get the chance i may call in at costco tonight to take a gander. The last couple of times I've been by they are queuing out the door.

As @avid says you need to look at them it's subjective, I prefer OLED , if the room with your tv is quite bright OLED may not be as vibrant or have the same definition during the day.
I'd recommend richer sounds (maybe over the phone at the moment) who will explain the different technologies.

As @avid says you need to look at them it's subjective, I prefer OLED , if the room with your tv is quite bright OLED may not be as vibrant or have the same definition during the day.
I'd recommend richer sounds (maybe over the phone at the moment) who will explain the different technologies.

Im virtually housebound matey...going to look isn't an option....didn't want to mention really
i won;t take any more of your thread up up and thanks for replying,,

I went to Costco tonight, oled are nice but the screens are so thin I'd be scared of breaking it. Looked at a Samsung and Sony bravia both nice pictures, Samsung has a nice stand. Costco are cheaper on the Sony by £100. See price guides.

Attachments

• IMG_20201124_190806.jpg
    IMG_20201124_190806.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20201124_190800.jpg
    IMG_20201124_190800.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20201124_190813.jpg
    IMG_20201124_190813.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
Im virtually housebound matey...going to look isn't an option....didn't want to mention really

You can’t go wrong with either pal, hope you get a good deal on Friday 😉

Apologies Bob, with this covid thing a lot will be closed anyway, it's very rare richer sounds are beaten on price, ring your local branch and ask their best price - they'll be working from home I think. My advice is OLED if your budget allows, every person I know who has bought one is impressed with them.

Let us know what you go for mate and good luck.

Back