Smokers!

smokus pokus,its not the end of the world smoking in a pub and other places with a roof,just wait till you get outside...its not gonna kill you....if anything it might make you live longer not smoking as much: multi :

Guy am so happy i aint smoked since Sunday, being a smoker for so many years and 20 a day, just really happy that i managed to do it. Dont know how many more days i will last but id like to keep it this way. Feel much better.

I dont know whats hard to beat, the addiction or the habit?

Guy am so happy i aint smoked since Sunday, being a smoker for so many years and 20 a day, just really happy that i managed to do it. Dont know how many more days i will last but id like to keep it this way. Feel much better.

I dont know whats hard to beat, the addiction or the habit?

Good for you m8, keep it up, its the addiction IMHO.

i know people keep saying its the addiction, so does my girlfriend, but i disagree with that. I think its more of a habit. for example, when smokers have a heavy meal, they want a cig straight after. I guess its just things like dat, you miss it. I guess people get so much used to it and its misunderstood for addiction.

KEEPING BUSY IS THE SOLUTION.

if l was u m8 go to the health shop and get some vitamins , when u stop u increase the chances of colds coughs and sore throats , indigestion too

hmm, yeah better be safe, dont wanna get cold in shite summer we having this year. By the way noticed my appetite has grown, eating more, I guess maybe this is one of the withdrawal symptons including getting irritated easily.

hmm, yeah better be safe, dont wanna get cold in shite summer we having this year. By the way noticed my appetite has grown, eating more, I guess maybe this is one of the withdrawal symptons including getting irritated easily.

u can always do a little training at the same time to take your mind of the fags and stop putting weight on ?

Get urself some carrot or those baby corn sticks are good to nibble on, I am being serious, good for you and wont pile on the pounds.

Cheers for the advice, putting on the weight is not an issue as i got gym everyday for 2 hrs just doing cardio. But its amazing, the amount of stamina i have gained by not smoking for only 2 days. I guess its been worth it. Not easy but i guess support from everyone will eventually do the trick. Scary though one slip of heart and back on fag.

i know people keep saying its the addiction, so does my girlfriend, but i disagree with that. I think its more of a habit. for example, when smokers have a heavy meal, they want a cig straight after. I guess its just things like dat, you miss it. I guess people get so much used to it and its misunderstood for addiction.

KEEPING BUSY IS THE SOLUTION.

Firstly let me say well done for giving it a go mate and good luck. I agree with what your saying here cuz as soon as i get in me van i need a fag, soon as ive finished eating need a fag, pint=fag,brew=fag. Theyre the triggers for me all of the above and probly some others too, but the point is it's not just the nicotine its those habitual triggers that get me.
I've given up smoking more times than i care to mention to the point now where i've given up giving up. Tried patches but theyre not a fag are they, tried them daft pipes that look like a cig (wot a waste of plastic). Chewing gum omg that was rank id rather tuck into the cats tray. If any budding hypnotists out there fancy a crack at me then come n have a go if you think your hard enough lol.
Anyway i wish you all the best in your quest but ffs avoid the chewing gum.
regards
mrplumb

As for keeping busy i remember me mum giving up smoking and taking up knitting i was 13 and mum was knocking out several jumpers a week not to mention scarves and hats, my street cred was battered out of sight, i offered me pocket money up to buy her the cig's myself.

Last edited:
cheers for advice but a bit late i guess. The first thing i bought was the chewing gum and its gone straight to the bin. Luckily i got the small box but still cost around 6 quid. Its more expensive to stop smoking then to buy cigs. This is my first attempt and i hope i can pull it off.

Your right all the things mentioned, that is what i find hard. I dont think its addiction at all but the habit. Mines to a certain point that i need one before i even go to the loo for the long thing : multi :

I hope you can give it a try again and see how you get on.

Back