Sly Account Froze Due to Fraud??

and i would defo change the dyndns account and also the port and passwords, just to be on the safe side

your NDS key is as unique to you as your viewing card number, and points directly to your sly account, and its possible these nds key generator sites are farming numbers

if your serial is

9f020212345678910

remove the 9f0202, take the next 10 digits 1234567891 and forget the last one

go here

Hex-Dec Converter Hex To Decimal Converter

and paste the number in the box and press the button, and youll get

499602D3

which is your boxkey

if it returns anything thats less than 8 digits long, add zeroes to the BEGINING of it to make it up to 8

Thanks for that Big-Hol. I assume this isn't an online BK Generator so I would be safe in using it?

Thanks

Last edited:
i use linux mepis os and it has a scientific calculater fuction which can do hex to dex and vice versa .
pretty sure windows or mac would have a similar fuction

Open your computer calculator, (in Windows)

1. Click the view menu,
2, Select Scientific,
3. Decimal should already be selected,
4. Enter your decimal Number
5. then Select Hex
& the decimal Number is changed to a Hex number

The box serial number is NOT 11 digits, it is 10 digits (in decimal form) and can be easily displayed
as such in the on screen menu.The sticker on the bottom of the unit adds an extra number presumably
so the barcode is more readable (or just to confuse people trying to use 3rd party boxes ;-)).
If you convert the correct 10 digit decimal number then it will produce the correct 8 digit hex value every
time using a scientific calculator.

however i could never find this way to do it, lol!

I doubt that an online box key generator is the reason, it is more likely that someone you share with is also sharing with someone from Sky (without knowing), maybe you allow reshare rights to your peers and that is how they know for sure that you are sharing, because they are connected to you.

I could go onto a box key gen site and start entering thousands of random numbers that would probably match a number of cards, would they turn all these cards off? I think they would know for sure before they start cutting people off.

Frenchman

Hi Guys,

Still no letter from them explaining why I have been turned off.

Also people are mentioning not to use the online BK Generators, if so how else can I generate the BK?

Also if I was brave to try the thing again would you recommend changing the server account too or is it just the card details they have??

So what is the next step. Do they just cancel account and that is it end of. Because they have ur details on board can they do anything else and how can they prove it.

So what is the next step. Do they just cancel account and that is it end of. Because they have ur details on board can they do anything else and how can they prove it.

unles youre running a huge server, with LOADS of people connecting, and sly can somehow prove this, then there is no next step. you are in breach of a civil contract, and one of the 'get outs' is that sly can cancel their viewing card if you are found to have breached the contract that you agreed to, part of which is to keep the card in an authorised official receiver at all times

sly have an unlimited budget, so dont even think of starting a fight with them over their contract wording, as even if youre right, youll lose, its their card and their contract you agreed to

ive been dragged through the courts and tribunals etc by them, and even though i was the one in the right, their budget ensured that i couldnt afford to keep fighting

If you want to know your box key without doing any calculation just setup oscam to read the card and it will tell you in webif. It's a good way to verify you have the right box key if you are having problems.

and i would defo change the dyndns account and also the port and passwords, just to be on the safe side

Starting a new dyndns account and changed passwords, but as I have the new Virmin Superhub I am finding it extremely difficult to change my port.

The previous port I was using is working fine and I someone managed to open that port using the settings in the router, but every time I add a new port number I keep getting that the port is not accessible.

Does anybody on here have experience with the Superhub and if so can you please help with opening a port on it.

Thanks

I have managed to change passwords & dyndns account, but still not the port... Would this be sufficient?
if you cant open the port mate, your peers wont be able to connect as your router wont let the incoming connections in, iv got 1 of them superhubs too but heard so much bad things about them iv never activated it yet, and probably never will to be honest!

Last edited:
if you cant open the port mate, your peers wont be able to connect as your router wont let the incoming connections in, iv got 1 of them superhubs too but heard so much bad things about them iv never activated it yet, and probably never will to be honest!

Hi Big-Hol,

I've got one port active and that's the same I had for the previous setup too.

No idea how I managed to activate it previously, but now I am unable to open a new port for some reason.

The question is would I be ok to use the same old previous port, however new server account and passwords?

Hi Big-Hol,

I've got one port active and that's the same I had for the previous setup too.

No idea how I managed to activate it previously, but now I am unable to open a new port for some reason.

The question is would I be ok to use the same old previous port, however new server account and passwords?
arrrrrr right im getting you now, yeah mate i would say so, dont see why not!

Cheers buddy, I've just managed to open another port as we speak.

Rebooting the hub on numerous occasions seems to have done the trick.

Thanks For All Your help

Ps. Is there anything I should keep in mind when considering which ports to use?

Also which cams are best to use, currently I use CCcam on it's own

Cheers buddy, I've just managed to open another port as we speak.

Rebooting the hub on numerous occasions seems to have done the trick.

Thanks For All Your help

Ps. Is there anything I should keep in mind when considering which ports to use?

Also which cams are best to use, currently I use CCcam on it's own
no problem mate glad to help where i can, as far as ports are concerned just pick a random one like 16842 or something like that, as far as im aware they all act in the same way, and im too using cccam by itself, but as your probably aware this does not clear pick tv anymore, whereas oscam does, im gunna stick with cccam till i have to change as to be honest oscam looks a nightmare to setup for a beginner, so personally if i was setting up from scratch id learn oscam, but no doubt it will be a headache to get going, if you want an easy setup stick with cccam!

Sound good to me then. Been using CCcam for over a year with no issues then that damn problem, so I wanted to look at all my options available.

Also should I turn EMMs off and if so how?

Back