skybox f3 scrambled/no signal

I would like to add to this based on recent experience.

flashed both f3 & f5 and took them elsewhere as his dm500 was playing up.

Connected and it said no signal. Deleted all channels and found nothing when scanning.
This happened to both boxes.

Returned here and they scanned perfectly, satguy I know said I should have scanned on 28.5.

Just noticed on fleabay they are selling adapters for £6 - £9
[No Signal Fix for SkyBox F3 F5 M3& Openboxs s9 s10 s11 s12 Dreambox SIGNAL ADAP]

If you google this: "signal fix f3 ebay" the top 3 will sell a supposed fix, so this must be a common problem I guess

Not sure what's what but thought I would at least report

Hello to all,
I am in desperate and i need help. I bought a skybox f3 box and we used to have all the s k y channels on it plus the irish channels like r t e 1 etc, including sports, movies, kids, all premium channels basically but i did something really wrong ...i did a "channel" search and now all the channels are gone!

I tried doing a factory reset so i guess i did more damage than good, so ..now...I am completely lost and i dont know what to do.

I would be eternally grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction as to how to solve this.

Thanks in advance,

By doing a factory reset you have probably lost you gift, try downloading and AJ's channel list once you have installed this try the $ channels see if they clear if they don't might be worth contacting your provider to see if he will give your gift back.

Hi Mahrpat,
Thanks for the reply, I tried doing the reset factory but I was not able to do it as I saw a list of files and i didnt know which one to chose, I remember deleting the T_PROG.dbs file but I didnt touch the CCCam or any of the others (if i have said the files wrong is probably cos I am naming them by memory no access to the box now).

Would i be correct to say that if the cccam file was not reset, there is some possibility that I may get the channels back?
Thanks,

Once you have AJ's list installed did you try $ to see if they cleared?
On remote press menu then 6666 to access secret menu then network settings then manage config files look for your gift see if it has tick besides it, if it has does it say offline or online?

Hi Mahrkpat,
Only now I am able to get my hands on the box again, I am gonna check if I am able to access the secret menu and I will let you know how i got on with that.
Thanks once again

Hello again,

I dont know what i did or how I did it but before i even got the chance to do what you suggested, i did a last single scan and voila! all the channels are back.

I am a lucky happy bunny now and I would like to thank all the people who gave me advice as to what to do.
Thanks

If you find out the channels go down again, have you tryed no signal fix on ebay? (Cable with a diode) I had the problem of having 80 signal on some channels on only 5% on channels like sky sports 3 HD etc and got this piece of kit and worked a treat

I have mate, and you still say your openbox reports a low signal untill the channel opens.
Nothing to do with anything.

My skybox f3 keeps shutting itsself off after 5 mins, and only sometimes all the channels work, ive tried everything! if you can help can you please let me know

Thanks alex

- - - Updated - - -

sometimes my channels work and then sometimes they say scrambled? any reason for this? and also my box knocks itsslef off several times a day! any help and advice il be very greatful. thanks alex

Back