Skybox F3 Recording Help

max10

Inactive User
Reaction score
Dear all,

Just bought a Skybox F3 HD Box, I would appreciate some help with advice on recording.

I am using a Sandisk 16Gb stick, i recorded a programme yesterday in HD for 1hr 30mins and it took 11gb space from the USB stick!!

Is this normal?

Dear all,

Just bought a Skybox F3 HD Box, I would appreciate some help with advice on recording.

I am using a Sandisk 16Gb stick, i recorded a programme yesterday in HD for 1hr 30mins and it took 11gb space from the USB stick!!

Is this normal?

hello
max10

that sounds about right, 1 hour 1080i HD recordings are ~8 GB roughtly so 11gb sounds about right for 1hr 30mins
hope this helps

Thanks guys,

Anyone therefore know a good hd external Hard drive compatable with the skybox f3 hd?

That's fine, does it have to be seagate? Does it need to be any certain spec for good recording? How much shud I be paying for 500gb?

About £40 or slightly less should be a fair price to pay.

Sent from my oJay phone using Tapatalk

That's fine, does it have to be seagate? Does it need to be any certain spec for good recording? How much shud I be paying for 500gb?

any one that work's will be fine ( one thats not a fake ) but try and get one that is fat32 just so that you wont have to format it, hdd's that era over 250gb tend to be ntfs witch wont work on your box but you can format it to fat32.
hope this helps

any one that work's will be fine ( one thats not a fake ) but try and get one that is fat32 just so that you wont have to format it, hdd's that era over 250gb tend to be ntfs witch wont work on your box but you can format it to fat32.
hope this helps

owe forgot to say that you might have to have a power supply for your 500gb hdd depending on wot power it takes to run it, basickly the usb port can only put out so much power and might not be enough to power your 500gb hdd.

hope this helps

owe forgot to say that you might have to have a power supply for your 500gb hdd depending on wot power it takes to run it, basickly the usb port can only put out so much power and might not be enough to power your 500gb hdd.

Back