best USB stick for flashing "made in korea" cloud ibox 2 plus clone?

bigfella1981

New Member ++
Reaction score
What is the best USB stick for flashing "made in korea" cloud ibox 2 plus clone?

I have tried;

Sandisk Cruzer Blade 4GB
Sandisk Cruzer Blade 16GB
Kingston 32GB
Transcend 2GB

None of these USB sticks will flash my "made in korea" cloud ibox 2 plus clone boxes (I have 2 of these boxes to re-flash)

All formatted to Fat 32 with SDformatter tool.

What files am I putting on the USB stick?

94214-OpenATV 4.2 Ibox3 & Ibox2+ Universal Bootloader By Ferret (both cloudix and xpeedlxfolders on usb)

box just goes straight to boot every time.

Also tried flashing "87088-openatv-5.2-20160326Ibox 2+ & 3-Patched By Ferret" - same problem.

I have ordered a kingston 4GB today to see if that works.

Any advice?

I refuse to let these clones defeat me!

i would be using 8gb usb kingston,cruzer,and integral but not bigger in size as issue may happen,i do like the saying use the " force " must be a star wars fan.

I am indeed using the force file. I'll keep trying alternative usb sticks. Thank You for your replies.

Just a thought is your folder system cloudix or the other one forget the name xspeed i think if your on an older bootloader it will only use the xspeed folder system.

Ferret I used both cloudix and the older xpeedlx

I have flashed many other cloud i box 2 plus' with my 32gb kingston without issue, it's these 2 korean clones that are killing me.

Sounds like it could be a usb port fault on the box then does your usb stck flash when you box boot, ive heard of usb ports not been connected up on some clones.

Hi Ferret - I have 2 x clone boxes that I am trying to flash, both are having this issue.

The usb port is verified working as I am able to mount the usb no problem after boot up, set up swap file etc.

The boxes are running, they just won't re-flash.

Thanks for your replies.

Hi Ferret - I have 2 x clone boxes that I am trying to flash, both are having this issue.

The usb port is verified working as I am able to mount the usb no problem after boot up, set up swap file etc.

The boxes are running, they just won't re-flash.

Thanks for your replies.

My any chance are you using a Mac?

No, using a windows pc.

thanks

reason i asked is i had a bvery similar problem before and it had something to do with formatting the USB on my MAC as soon as it formatted it on a windows computer i was able to flash the image first time.

Sounds like it could be a usb port fault on the box then does your usb stck flash when you box boot, ive heard of usb ports not been connected up on some clones.

The receiver has a sticker on it saying;

"Warning! Don't update software from other place for it maybe damage the receiver. For new software, please go to www.vuplushd.net"

However, that website no longer in use.

Does that suggest that this is a vu plus clone and that I should be using a vuplus image?

While on the subject of which stick is best to flash a box ?. I use a 1GB SD Card or a 2GB Micro SD Card in a USB caddie and I've never had a box fail to flash

I was able to use my Kingston 32GB without a problem. The usb stick was not the problem. Once I renamed the cloudix file to cloudsb, the 'made in korea' clone was able to read it.

I have open atv 5.2 patched by ferret running on it now. It's like a new box. Delighted.

Back