Newbie Advice Needed.

Louie7oaks

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm only just starting on the "Non Sky" route and would appreciate some advice. A friend has just bought himself an Open Box V8S and after hearing so much about it I bought one myself. It has already gone back though because I didn't realise that whatever I buy needs to have the ability to record in the same way a Sky HD box does. (My wifes instructions.)
The model I am now looking at is the Humax HDR1000S but I can't tell whether or not it has the ability to receive Sky via a CCAM server. And I don't even know if doing this is legal?
So, in short, can someone please tell me whether it's Ok to receive Sky channels (and any others for that matter) via a CCAM server and if so then what receiver can I get that will allow me to use programmable recording. My dish is the standard one supplied and set up by Sky and I am based in the Uk.
Many Thanks,
Louie

Hi all,

I'm only just starting on the "Non Sky" route and would appreciate some advice. A friend has just bought himself an Open Box V8S and after hearing so much about it I bought one myself. It has already gone back though because I didn't realise that whatever I buy needs to have the ability to record in the same way a Sky HD box does. (My wifes instructions.)
The model I am now looking at is the Humax HDR1000S but I can't tell whether or not it has the ability to receive Sky via a CCAM server. And I don't even know if doing this is legal?
So, in short, can someone please tell me whether it's Ok to receive Sky channels (and any others for that matter) via a CCAM server and if so then what receiver can I get that will allow me to use programmable recording. My dish is the standard one supplied and set up by Sky and I am based in the Uk.
Many Thanks,
Louie

welcome to dw

Back