Skybox f3 limitation and warning !!!!!

ojola

Inactive User
Reaction score
Having just received my brand new F3, setting up was sweet and the picture quality is heavenly. I however quickly realized that i cannot use the USB wireless dongle that I bought with it and use an external hard drive with it.

I then remembered that I have 2 usb hubs somewhere in the house. I searched and found them hooked the sweex one up but did not work. I hooked up the 2nd ( a generic USB 2.0 hub) and guess what happened, it burnt out my memory stick. It was so very hot it burnt me as i pulled it out.

F3 is still working ok. hub ok but memory stick dead.

A word for the wise.....

thx for the info, anyone else had this issue I find it very strange usb pens and hdds would not work on this...
perhaps the usb port gave it too much volts and was dodgy to start with?

Hi if you use this wifi dongle then it will work plug and play

IMG_0264.jpg

if you are using a genric usb then you do need this file image file to make the dongle work ,

Attachments

• 3601HD_Backup.rar
    2.4 MB · Views: 40
Having just received my brand new F3, setting up was sweet and the picture quality is heavenly. I however quickly realized that i cannot use the USB wireless dongle that I bought with it and use an external hard drive with it.

I then remembered that I have 2 usb hubs somewhere in the house. I searched and found them hooked the sweex one up but did not work. I hooked up the 2nd ( a generic USB 2.0 hub) and guess what happened, it burnt out my memory stick. It was so very hot it burnt me as i pulled it out.

F3 is still working ok. hub ok but memory stick dead.

A word for the wise.....

what happens when you only have 1 usb port.
A limitation of the processor.The s16 has 2 usb ports.
No hub works in any openbox that I know of.

I was planning on buying one of these as a second box for the bedroom as they are cheap. can anyone confirm if they have got this working with the skybox wireless dongle?

Also I read on another forum that alot of people have had issues with glitching, again anyone had any trouble with this.

I thought this was the best 'budget' box to buy but now I'm not sure.

I was planning on buying one of these as a second box for the bedroom as they are cheap. can anyone confirm if they have got this working with the skybox wireless dongle?

Also I read on another forum that alot of people have had issues with glitching, again anyone had any trouble with this.

I thought this was the best 'budget' box to buy but now I'm not sure.

Cant go wrong with this box m8... very easy to setup, great picture and yes the above skybox dongle works great with this box...
has for glitching that could be anything m8 from bad coax connection to your Isp etc....
nothing to do with the box.

Ok thanks mate, I guessed the glitching would be down to something other than the box, have read about the picture being great on the f3. Best get one on order.

Cant go wrong with this box m8... very easy to setup, great picture and yes the above skybox dongle works great with this box...
has for glitching that could be anything m8 from bad coax connection to your Isp etc....
nothing to do with the box.

I confirm your words above as the gospel truth...

Back