Sky Online

fitzybhoy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Apologies if posted in wrong section.

I use VM TV Anywhere on the computer. They've recently switched premium content, sport and movies over to Sky. Now it seems there is a whole raft of compatibility issues with Silverlight. I've tried a few things, rolling back the version, restarting, but I get the same error all the time. Apparently stopping it from updating doesn't even work. Some of the fixes work for some and not for others. Does anyone have a definitive solution for this?

Can't really help with your problem mate, sorry.
Related though my mate mentioned today that he's been watching VM tv anywhere on his Nexus 10 successfully but he can't watch Sky Sports (yes he subscribes to the Sports channels) so other channels ok just not Sports. Anybody seeing or heard of anything similar?
HH.

cant help either don,t get vm here

What OS? Silverlight is only supported on Windows (XP, Vista, 7 and 8) and OS X.

Which browser are you using, and what version of Silverlight? For example support for Safari for Windows halted after version 2, and there is no official support for Opera at all.

Have you tried reinstalling Silverlight from scratch? When I was a subscriber, about 18 months ago, I found Sky's DRM needed the latest version of Silverlight installed to work.

What OS? Silverlight is only supported on Windows (XP, Vista, 7 and 8) and OS X.

Which browser are you using, and what version of Silverlight? For example support for Safari for Windows halted after version 2, and there is no official support for Opera at all.

Have you tried reinstalling Silverlight from scratch? When I was a subscriber, about 18 months ago, I found Sky's DRM needed the latest version of Silverlight installed to work.

Using Windows 7 (32 bit) and IE11, although getting same error in Firefox. I'm letting the Sky Website install the latest version of Silverlight when it prompts. I've also tried rolling back to various different versions and disabling updates. But all it does is go around in circles.

Using Windows 7 (32 bit) and IE11, although getting same error in Firefox. I'm letting the Sky Website install the latest version of Silverlight when it prompts. I've also tried rolling back to various different versions and disabling updates. But all it does is go around in circles.

I tried with all configurations could never get it to work,so forgot VM pretty quick strange it works for some and not others..............Anybody got a sky go account does that work?

Back