SKY HD Channels GONE - Is This The End Of Sky HD and Card Share C/S

Re: history hd and net geo hd gone

so you have sly arts hd, nat geo hd etc on c/s ?

this taken from a post on another forum

A good friend of mine works for Sly technical department has just confirmed that s-k-y have issued a statement this week
advising that "Starting from Today Thursday April 24th 2014 all HD subscription channels will begin changing codec and broadcasting streams to allow for thier new Mpeg 5 EPG system to be launched and added to all HD paired boxes via software upgrades "

"This new feature similar to that of digital Saorview interactive text and features will take effect from today and will allow users in the immediate future to fully enjoy the new interactive teletext functions to become a main feature going forward into 2015 and beyond "

Re: Sky UK 28.2 East Latest Changes

Don't think the set top box manufacturers will just wave away vast profit from 1 of there best markets, ie the uk,

they will leave no stone unturned and must have known something was coming, their not stupid

How is that :)

Excuse me , but would you mind rephrasing your comment with good old fashioned english grammar using punctuations, commas etc..... so we don't have to spend half the weekend having to decipher its meaning:thumbdown:

Re: Sky UK 28.2 East Latest Changes

sky italia primafila sd not working now lol

its a new mpeg format, same as sky Italy use, to free up sat transponder space, not from pairing. lots of talk on other forums of enigma fix but nothing happened
I read in another forum it was MHEG-5. This is standard used for interactive services/ceefax type services, not for streaming audio/video. The standards for streaming video/audio are MPEG4 (ie what is generally used for HD) and the successor to that is MPEG7.

My belief is card pairing may have been introduced under the guise of new EPG (ie MHEG-5 instead of the OpenTV standard used now by Sky from what i've read).

We may end up losing more HD channels tomorrow. If any changes need to be made to Sky platform or any transponder changes/new channel launches, Sky usually do them on Tuesday and Thursdays therefore its likely we may lose more channels tomorrow or Thursday depending on how quickly they want to rap this up.

sky Living HD now gone
Nat Geo Wild gone to

this is proper depressing

we should all ring up sky and complain we have lost some HD channels with the latest Sky receivers. they might reverse what they are doing :)

think we will need E2 sd Bouquet for next week

was thinking the same thing

be down to sd shortly

even if that whats the bets

With HD going down steadily, lets all hope they don't touch Premium SD.

I doubt that will be the case though

So far then that means the following are blank:-

Sly Living HD
NAT Geo Wild HD
Sly Arts 1 HD
Sly Arts 2 HD
National Geographic UK HD
History HD
Crime HD

The first two entries being the last to have gone at this time.

Has any one noticed?

On the now & next banner where it normally shows the resolution of the channel 1920x1080i etc.
It now says 544x576i for the above HD channels?

Mine still 1920x1080

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thats only on the HD channels that are not showing any more.

Back