SKY HD Channels GONE - Is This The End Of Sky HD and Card Share C/S

how do you know it's technically impossible. ?????
since no one knows what nds are doing/done it's all guess work

It's not impossible but if they do it every genuine sky subscriber with a Thomson box (who for whatever reason have decided not to upgrade their boxes) will lose the channels too.....
So I pretty much doubt they will want to piss off a lot of genuine subscribers until these outdated boxes have disappeared which is going to take a long time

It's not impossible but if they do it every genuine sky subscriber with a Thomson box (who for whatever reason have decided not to upgrade their boxes) will lose the channels too.....
So I pretty much doubt they will want to piss off a lot of genuine subscribers until these outdated boxes have disappeared which is going to take a long time

well the only thing different about the thomson box and other boxes is they can be jtaged to see what happens. but i would be 100% sure that nds software writers are as good as nagravison and could come up with different version of the so called update to stop c/s to work on different boxes it they really want to.

plus why do you think they only doing certain channels at a time.? i would guess it's for people who phone up saying there channels not working they offering a free swap

well the only thing different about the thomson box and other boxes is they can be jtaged to see what happens. but i would be 100% sure that nds software writers are as good as nagravison and could come up with different version of the so called update to stop c/s to work on different boxes it they really want to.

plus why do you think they only doing certain channels at a time.? i would guess it's for people who phone up saying there channels not working they offering a free swap

jtagging is not the issue !!!!

The thomson boxes DO NOT support the new pairing method that SKY/NDS have switched to and are using to disable channels for CS....
So if they use the same method they have of turning off HD channels (which they have told all thomson users they will lose HD if they do not upgrade)
Then the thomson users will lose all channels and will be mighty pissed e.t.c so I do not believe Sky will do this for a good while....

Losing HD when you have an option to upgrade is one thing but losing all channels Sky would not yet risk due to the fallout !!!!

It is far more about the pairing method than it is about the jtagging.. until these boxes completely vanish from genuine subscribers, sky's hands are tied to a certain degree !!

Well what ever it's happening as we speak..we have lost some HD channels and the rest will follow and then so will SD.
No matter the the theory it's happening...

I personally think we will lose SD when we lose it because it is no longer going to be broadcast !!!!! and then HD will be the new SD as 4K becomes the new HD e.t.c

Not because of piracy countermeasures !

I personally think we will lose SD when we lose it because it is no longer going to be broadcast !!!!! and then HD will be the new SD as 4K becomes the new HD e.t.c

Not because of piracy countermeasures !

As technology moves forward so must we but 4k won't be standard for many years if at all remember 3D that crashed and burnt and no ones going to use a platform that's not supported so no point in having a 4K tv until something is actually broadcast in 4k.

Agree about the 4K bit but stand by the SD view of no switch off if you get my meaning !!!!

they can & will do as they see fit

whether its dumping sd & broadcast in HD only

wont matter what public think

as always in life you want it then pay for it

or do without

unless it gets hacked lol

dont see it happening anytime soon

they know what they are doing

From the information gathered so far NDS have done sweet FA on the encryption, This has been done at Firmware/Box level so that would mean Sky

well anything that so called sky have done would have to include nds as it would have to be compatible with there software plus sky don't do it is it the box manufactures

Agree about the 4K bit but stand by the SD view of no switch off if you get my meaning !!!!

thats what the australia thought then they lost them all been dark for over a year now

first stage is the pairing exclusive to sky

2nd stage will kick in with the new cards that are due exclusive to NDS

both are working together

the end for a while @ least

unless i am getting wrong info

first stage is the pairing exclusive to sky

2nd stage will kick in with the new cards that are due exclusive to NDS

both are working together

the end for a while @ least

unless i am getting wrong info

when is all this change meant to happen ??? sorry been off the scene for a long time ...

when is all this change meant to happen ??? sorry been off the scene for a long time ...

Thats not really known mate..HD channels are going in dribs and drabs and sly sports are on the way out in HD now as from Thursday i lost S.S 4 HD

well anything that so called sky have done would have to include nds as it would have to be compatible with there software plus sky don't do it is it the box manufactures

And who do you think Bought Amstrad out around 4 years ago to take over the manufacture side Sky

All my HD channels are out already in wolves and have been playing up for some time now so i knew something was on the way !!

can we expect more ?? i mean all the channels ??

personally love /hate the forums now we see lots of members awol for years

now viewing is under threat

all appear as is

personally hope for black screens

Well i have moved over to the dark side..had it good while it lasted but i enjoy my telly so had no choice

If I'm honest I won't give a rats when all goes. Give me an excuse to get another motorised setup in action which is much more fun than sly, well that's if the wife allows me again lol

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

personally love /hate the forums now we see lots of members awol for years

now viewing is under threat

all appear as is

personally hope for black screens

aye but that always happens same as when the old fun cards went off i also hope we get black screen but also would like black screens on virgin as well

Back