SKY HD Channels GONE - Is This The End Of Sky HD and Card Share C/S

Be interesting to see if they get complaints now due to game of thrones on Mondays there is no way they have changed everyone receiver yet to the new one

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

lack of game of thrones is enough to cause a mini riot. Must be a logistical and costly mess for them to send to many receivers out.

I'm sorry but I don't get all the discussion about channels disappearing or moving to other sats. Sky has millions of paying customers on 28.2E in UK all with fixed dishes. They're not going to leave them high and dry by moving channels off 28.2E. Think of all those sky mini dishes that have to be re-pointed to a different sat. Best they can do is to move channels to different transponders on 28.2E or introduce stronger encryption to beat card sharing. Am I missing something?

I'm sorry but I don't get all the discussion about channels disappearing or moving to other sats. Sky has millions of paying customers on 28.2E in UK all with fixed dishes. They're not going to leave them high and dry by moving channels off 28.2E. Think of all those sky mini dishes that have to be re-pointed to a different sat. Best they can do is to move channels to different transponders on 28.2E or introduce stronger encryption to beat card sharing. Am I missing something?

I think you have miss understood the thread a little mate, it is not about sky moving channels to other satellites it's about sky stopping 3rd party receivers from using there cards in the box's and intern stopping card sharing.

Be interesting to see if they get complaints now due to game of thrones on Mondays there is no way they have changed everyone receiver yet to the new one

They don't need to change the receivers, they have changed the way they send the encryption which stops c/s (at the moment anyway), I have quite an old Amstrad HD+ box with a full Sky sub and all channels are showing perfectly.

This thread is about c/s with Sky (UK) only.

Oh right. I got the impression that the older sky receivers wouldnt be able to get the HD channels also.

I think you have miss understood the thread a little mate, it is not about sky moving channels to other satellites it's about sky stopping 3rd party receivers from using there cards in the box's and intern stopping card sharing.

Ah it all makes sense now - thanks !!

Oh right. I got the impression that the older sky receivers wouldnt be able to get the HD channels also.

That will be their end game. Sky are replacing all the old receivers with new ones to accomadate the box pairing change. I was one of the early customers who they targetted for change. They called me about 8 months ago and told me an engineer would be calling me in the next week to swap out my old box. I didn't care as I haven't used a Sky box in years. Anyway, I pulled out the old box and set it up for the installer who arrived, paired the card and left. As soon as he was gone my Vu+ got plugged straight back in and to my dismay I have had no HD channels since! The same card, put back into the old Thompson box doesn't clear HD channels either. I have be whinging about this for months and it's only in the last while that Sky have started to effect others - hopefully this will edge people on to come up with a fix. I don't CS and only use the Vu for its superior functionality. All old boxes will be effected soon. I called Sky shortly after and asked why my old box won't clear channels and they informed that it's by design and they'd be changing all boxes over time.

EDIT - Just noticed I have been on this site for over 4 years and this is my first post here!!

That will be their end game. Sky are replacing all the old receivers with new ones to accomadate the box pairing change. I was one of the early customers who they targetted for change. They called me about 8 months ago and told me an engineer would be calling me in the next week to swap out my old box. I didn't care as I haven't used a Sky box in years. Anyway, I pulled out the old box and set it up for the installer who arrived, paired the card and left. As soon as he was gone my Vu+ got plugged straight back in and to my dismay I have had no HD channels since! The same card, put back into the old Thompson box doesn't clear HD channels either. I have be whinging about this for months and it's only in the last while that Sky have started to effect others - hopefully this will edge people on to come up with a fix. I don't CS and only use the Vu for its superior functionality. All old boxes will be effected soon. I called Sky shortly after and asked why my old box won't clear channels and they informed that it's by design and they'd be changing all boxes over time.

EDIT - Just noticed I have been on this site for over 4 years and this is my first post here!!

If sly is pairing receivers with cards in order to beat C/S, then shouldn't it be all or nothing? i.e. you can either view all premium channels or none of them? This doesn't seem to be the case with members saying they have lost only a few channels (and only HD ones).

If sly is pairing receivers with cards in order to beat C/S, then shouldn't it be all or nothing? i.e. you can either view all premium channels or none of them? This doesn't seem to be the case with members saying they have lost only a few channels (and only HD ones).

I looks like they are turning off just a small amount of channels at a time so they are not inundated in their call centres with calls from people who have non compatable box's. Once they are sure that they have got to a stage that they think they have got all or most of the box's then the rest will go. They have been rolling this out for a long time why rush the last part of it.

If memory serves me I even got a letter from sky, shortly before they called me telling me my premium channels will stop working unless I changed box (a quick Google confirms others got this letter too). It is happening I'm afraid, regardless of how slowly they're doing it

Sly replaced old Thomson with a new Amstrad 890 back in end of 2011.
So the change has been in the pipeline lot longer.

Can I ask if the hd are going how come the sd will be around for a while?

I had the 'lost channels' problem and stupidly put the card back in the original box to see if it would update.

Long story short, I went online to my sky acc and followed instructions to re pair card now it no longer works on CCAM only in original box!

Anyone thinking of doing the same , DON'T!

Any ideas on how i might be able to get back on, PLEASE DO TELL :)

I had the 'lost channels' problem and stupidly put the card back in the original box to see if it would update.

Long story short, I went online to my sky acc and followed instructions to re pair card now it no longer works on CCAM only in original box!

Anyone thinking of doing the same , DON'T!

Any ideas on how i might be able to get back on, PLEASE DO TELL :)

No Chance now as the Loophole for the Thompson HD receivers has been closed so HD is gone for anyone in a similar situation, your only option is to pair to an old SD receiver this way you get premium channels back but minus the HD

//// off topic

Could any 1 with HD receiver were the cards on new pairing and you are out of 1yr contract period

Open box up and take HIGH Quality pics of motherboard
And any chips on there get close up pic which shows part no .etc

not many rumours at all

HD will go in 3rd party boxes asap

as is happening @ minute

once they get HD locked for sure

nothing to stop them from broadcasting HD only

dump the crap sd

lol

not many rumours at all

HD will go in 3rd party boxes asap

as is happening @ minute

once they get HD locked for sure

nothing to stop them from broadcasting HD only

dump the crap sd

lol

lm sure l read ireland is well behind on swapping sd boxes out , so might be a year yet ,

Back