sky have cancelled my card

jazz100london

Inactive User
Reaction score
i got a letter from sky to say that they were sorry to see me leave their service. i was surprised as i had not cancelled my subscription and when i phoned then the guy gave me an e-mail address [email protected].

i e-mailed them they sent a autogenerated e-mail as below:
...................................................................................................
This email is an automated response, please be advised that this mailbox is only monitored during normal working hours 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday

Dear Customer,

We have recently been forced to cancel your Sky agreement and services.

The reason for this is that we have reason to believe that your account and viewing card have been used unlawfully and in breach of the terms and conditions of your Sky digital subscription contract, specifically in a way that permits the illegal sharing of Sky content. In addition to being a breach of contract, [your] use of Sky equipment in this manner is fraudulent and a criminal offence.

The unlawful use in question entitles us to terminate our agreement with you without notice, which we have done. Any outstanding payments due to Sky under the terms of your digital subscription contract will be taken or raised in the usual way.

We require you to return the viewing card, which is Sky's property, to the address detailed below.

If you believe that an error has been made or if you have any questions in relation to this, please write to the following address, clearly stating your reasons. Please note that we will be unable to consider any claim of error unless your viewing card is returned to us.

British Sky Broadcasting

c/o Group Security

Intelligence & Investigations Department

Grant Way

Isleworth

Middlesex

TW7 5QD

Sky reserves all of its legal rights in relation to your conduct.

Yours faithfully.

Intelligence & Investigations

BSkyB Group Security
................................................................................................

okay the facts are i had someone build me a server and i used my card in and then had family and friends log onto the server and now sky have suspended my account. i have not done any of the technkical stuff myself i got a guy to do for me. i got virgin broadband and i got sky world on the card and all asian channels.
when i first phoned them they activated my account to basic only, i did not get sky world but i am still getting all my asian channels. sky world you buy from skyy and asian channels direct from company e.g. zee tv or B4U etc.

I woudl be keen to know :
1)how they found out i was card sharing
2)how to avoid getting detected in the future
3)anyone else been similiar position
4)anyone challenged sky and got his service back (that is if you was c/s)

thank

be good get many feedback

1. Online Boxkey Generator?
2. Goes without saying :) also use mgcam instead of cccam. (there's always a risk of some sort ;)

3. Make sure you change all the 'default' values in the configs, especially passwords, ports and encrytion keys. Certain ISP's routinely monitor known cardsharing ports.

Notice that you dont have to be with a particular ISP to get caught by 'monitoring'. Pretty much every ISP has reciprocal agreements concerning data transit from other ISP's and data routes change frequently (thats how the internet works) so you can never guarantee that your data wont transit a particular ISP's data domain. Even if your with VM, there's nothing to guarantee that your data wont be routed via a sky network at some point, or vice-versa.

Back