signal

dunn3

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello me again i thought i beginning to understand this satellite stuff but maybe not, i have a tm 5402 which now suddenly loses signal while watching channel says moving to another satellite but after 2-3 mins comes back on again this only happens on certain tps not all, can anyone help i am reluctant to ring tm after having to pay to send and return box the last time ( flashing red light ).

Hi dunn3,

It sounds like your channel list may have become corrupted... you will probably find that the receivers' software has put rogue channels from transponders on another satellite into the channel line-ups you are having problems with... and when you select the rogue channel it will tell the motor that this channel is on another satellite and will move the dish to that location... and when you select another channel that is on the correct satellite... it will then move the dish back to the proper satellite again...

...or have I misread your post...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
I,m sure your right, its annoying when your just getting into something and the channel goes off, can you give me any ideas on how to fix.
cheers

Hi again dunn3,

...its annoying when your just getting into something and the channel goes off...

It may not be a corrupted channel list then... if you have been watching a channel for the amount of time inferred... and the dish then moves off to another satellite... that is very worrying... I thought you meant that you were switching channels within channel lineup's on certain transponders... and the dish moved when you selected a particular channel...

It could be that the O/S or the patch you are using has become corrupted... save your current cndf (channel list) file to a USB flash drive... do a full factory reset... then re-install the O/S or the patch you were using... then reload your current cndf (channel list) file... then check to see if the problem still occurs...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi again dunn3,

So it could be that somewhere within your receivers' menus you have a timer event that keeps becoming active... and thus keeps moving the dish... a full factory reset should clear this... but remember to save your current cndf (channel list) file to USB flash drive first... before doing the full factory reset...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Put original software 123, patch 123, addon2 and softcam but unfortunately this did not solve problem, it seems to be mainly HD channels that are affected

Hi dunn3

Try a full factory reset by the following procedure:
Firstly ensure no USB device attached to receiver at all.
Put the receiver into standby (using remote).
Turn the flip switch off on the back of the receiver.
Then hold the standby button in on the receivers front panel (not remote) and turn the flip switch on the back of the unit back to the on position (whilst holding standby button on front panel).
As soon as it boots release holding the standby button when you see a menu appear onscreen. Select full factory reset and press ok/enter, the machine will then reboot after a couple of seconds.

Run and use the receiver and don't patch or flash yet. Trial the receiver for a while and see if it replicates the problem. If it doesn't then all is good and you can flash/patch.

If it does show the fault then contact the supplier of place of purchase and let them know your issues so long as the receiver is still within its warranty period.

"apologies if this has already been suggested"

Last edited:
Hi again dunn3,

I still have the feeling that your recurring problem is caused by a timer event somewhere... if it is... then it may well be in your cndf file (satellites/channels/settings) ...and if that is the case... then no matter how many times you factory reset or load new O/S or patched software... when you reload your cndf file back onto the receiver... then you are probably also reloading the problem again...

Can you upload your current cndf file onto this thread so that some of the forum members can load your cndf file onto their TM-5402 to see if they experience the same problem...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi again dunn3,

I still have the feeling that your recurring problem is caused by a timer event somewhere... if it is... then it may well be in your cndf file (satellites/channels/settings) ...and if that is the case... then no matter how many times you factory reset or load new O/S or patched software... when you reload your cndf file back onto the receiver... then you are probably also reloading the problem again...

Can you upload your current cndf file onto this thread so that some of the forum members can load your cndf file onto their TM-5402 to see if they experience the same problem...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

with the case of contacting the supplier i did but was told i would have to pay cost of postage both ways and if no problem the cost of testing as well, which is annoying when the box is only 5 months old now and has already been sent to technomate for other problems.
I will give factory reset a go and send cdnf file when i can figure how to attach ( its a bit dumb when i have been using computers for years )
Cheers

Attachments

• 20120818-114211.zip
    103.4 KB · Views: 3
Hi again dunn3,

I have now got your cndf file mate...

Can you tell me what is the extent of your arc... i.e. how far East and how far West do you successfully receive satellites...?

Do you want me to update/edit your cndf file for you to your specific arc...?

If so... I will do this for you then re-post the updated/edited cndf file on this thread for you to try...

But before I do anything to the cndf file... I will try to sort out why you could be having your problem... if it is actually in the cndf file itself...

PS
The cndf file is dated 18-08-2012 ...is this your latest cndf file straight from your receiver...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
Hi again dunn3,

Your cndf file had transponders & channels all over the place... on wrong satellites... and all mixed up... so I have completely edited/updated your cndf file for you... because there was no reply to my last post... I have given you the same arc as my own... from 30.0°W to 60.0°E

If you cannot receive some of the satellites in the arc... simply deselect them in your menu... there are no channels downloaded in the new cndf file... and I have also had to remove all DiSEqC positions as they could also be incorrect or corrupted...

I have used NDFEdit 1.66 to make your new cndf file... and I have downloaded all up-to-date transponders (but no feed transponders) from the KingOfSat website... all you need to do now is locate all the satellites you want to use and store their positions... then simply use Auto Navigation to download all the channels from all your chosen satellites...

This will solve the problems you have been having... just make sure that the DiSEqC positions you store in the receivers'/motors' memory are definitely the correct satellite positions...

The new file has today's date/time on it as I have just tested it on my own receiver... then uploaded back to my USB flash drive... and then uploaded to here...

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
Hi again dunn3,

I have just been looking through the new cndf file... and I noticed that there were a few transponders on various satellites that had symbol rates lower than 1000 ...so I have deleted those transponders...

Technomate receivers cannot handle transponders with symbol rates lower than 1000 ...we don't want to confuse the receiver with these... so I have attached a new/amended cndf file below...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

"Your cndf file had transponders & channels all over the place... on wrong satellites... and all mixed up..." hi zorch this was me xmas last, and it made me wonder if "dunn3" will work this out quicker than i ? i did in the end and will admit it was tough as i did not have ndfedit or a sat meter then, as you know i have only just acquired ndfeditor on yours and chopps advice. hope dunn3 finds an easier way than i did in setting all sat positions manually, and can you not edit diseq/motor settings with editor tool? again good advice to all on dw. tl

Last edited:
Hi again dunn3,

Your cndf file had transponders & channels all over the place... on wrong satellites... and all mixed up... so I have completely edited/updated your cndf file for you... because there was no reply to my last post... I have given you the same arc as my own... from 30.0°W to 60.0°E

If you cannot receive some of the satellites in the arc... simply deselect them in your menu... there are no channels downloaded in the new cndf file... and I have also had to remove all DiSEqC positions as they could also be incorrect or corrupted...

I have used NDFEdit 1.66 to make your new cndf file... and I have downloaded all up-to-date transponders (but no feed transponders) from the KingOfSat website... all you need to do now is locate all the satellites you want to use and store their positions... then simply use Auto Navigation to download all the channels from all your chosen satellites...

This will solve the problems you have been having... just make sure that the DiSEqC positions you store in the receivers'/motors' memory are definitely the correct satellite positions...

The new file has today's date/time on it as I have just tested it on my own receiver... then uploaded back to my USB flash drive... and then uploaded to here...

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Sorry no reply but not been near computer for a few days, i can get sats 1w-5e-9e-13e-16e-19.2e-26e and 28.2e the lad who fitted my system says no good going further w as dish would proberbly get blocked , to put your cndf file on my box would i delate all sats and start again or just do a normal patch update but with your cdnf file instead of mine.

thanks

Hi again dunn3,

Just load the new cndf file to your receiver mate... no need to touch anything else if you are happy with your current O/S/patch... remember applying this new cndf file will mean that you will have to find and store your desired satellite positions again...!!

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi again dunn3,

Just load the new cndf file to your receiver mate... no need to touch anything else if you are happy with your current O/S/patch... remember applying this new cndf file will mean that you will have to find and store your desired satellite positions again...!!

Best Wishes,
Zorch

I.ll give your cndf file a go.
cheers for the help

Back