is it the lnb

dave_c

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
have noticed over the last few days that when watching certain channels ie sky news , dave , yesterday , and a few others wether they be horizontal or vertical polarization , that the signal goes from 80% to 8 to 10 and get the message no or bad signal , if i change over to another channel , sometimes it will work other times it wont , sometimes if i leave it on the channel after a few seconds or minutes it will return , i am using a tm5402 hd m2 , just thinking it strange happening on both polaritys

thanks in advance for any help

have deleted everything and done a blind scan

cheers abu , quick update , i done a delete all channels then a factory reset , rebooted the box then went to menu system setup , chose 28.2 scanned it and saved only found about 580 channels , left it on for about 3 or 4 hours and no prob , was still working ok this morn , have now left all as it was and done a blind scan and all together got 895 channels as obv some were missing , all seems fine so far , only thing i can think of it being if poss was the add on which obv was ok when was needed a while ago , the bits were still active as i had not turned the status to off so could have been doing something in background , not sure on that one just a stab in the dark

further update after doing the blind scan this morn getting the message back no or bad sig

Had the same issue a few years ago and changing the LNB sorted it.

i do have spare lnb but as suffer with vertigo cant get to change it , and as with being on lockdown cant get buddy to come and do it at the mo

+1 for LNB suggestion, the 5402 is an extremely reliable box. But before you send your mate up the ladder, do you have any 4G devices anywhere near the box? I've had a number of cases of intermittent reception problems caused by a phone or 4G 'hotspot' in the vicinity of the receiver.
(BTW I understand your fear of heights, been there myself but gradually got over it - just in time for retiring!)

eventually managed although be it a bit on the shaky side and bit giddy lol . replaced lnb and all seems fine . one thing after another then noticed the cable tie holding the diseqc switcher for other box had come adrift so had to do that as well . but other than those 2 probs all seems good .

+1 for LNB suggestion, the 5402 is an extremely reliable box. But before you send your mate up the ladder, do you have any 4G devices anywhere near the box? I've had a number of cases of intermittent reception problems caused by a phone or 4G 'hotspot' in the vicinity of the receiver.
(BTW I understand your fear of heights, been there myself but gradually got over it - just in time for retiring!)
would have done but bit of a bugger to get to the connections on back of reciever and did not fancy walking across town just in case plod was about

eventually managed although be it a bit on the shaky side and bit giddy lol . replaced lnb and all seems fine . one thing after another then noticed the cable tie holding the diseqc switcher for other box had come adrift so had to do that as well . but other than those 2 probs all seems good .

Ah well at least you were lucky enough to resolve the cable tie situation on the DiSEqC switch before water got in. That happens here a lot - the sun rots the cable tie during the summer (sometimes in the first year!) then the rain comes along. If I have to use a cable tie I will wrap insulating tape around it to protect it from the sun but if possible I use wire, usually the inner core of coax.

Back