Should I be dubious ???

DJJama

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have been after an Iphone 3g for a while.
I have been keeping an eye on ebay newly listed for buy it now bargains.

This morning there were 2 new 16gb white for £220.
1 sold and I put in a best offer of £210 (I'm tight).

Looking at it now I won the second for £210, however there are 6 sold.
So he found another 4 to sell in they day.

Also it was a stock photo and minimal description.

135 feedback 96%

Auction link: Apple iPhone 3G (16 GB) White Cell Phone on eBay (end time 14-Apr-10 16:55:21 BST)

It is just I have a feeling this is a case of sounds to good to be true.

Opinions?

Jama

The guy might be genuine, but looking at his previous feedback, all low value items and some of them are private. I would certainly think twice before parting with my cash. Keep an eye on his feedback over the next week and see if any of the other winning bidders leave feedback, you can always make up an excuse as to why you haven't paid yet, but I would be very careful.

Regards

Liam

I think I will delay payment as long as I can + ask for a photo of box with my name near it.

Jama

Do you know anyone local to the area that can do the pickup ?

If not then at least you still have paypal protection worst case.

I would seriously recommed having a look on the trades section of hotukdeals there are a few iPhones on there at the moment from people with excellent feedback and you would have no worries.

If its open to all networks then its not brand new and unused he will have had to have jailbroken it and unlocked it, mmm i wouldnt touch it tbh.

as the saying goes 'if it too good to be true..................'

avoid if possible and ask seller whether cash on collection is an option... but i'd personally stay clear.

Thanks for the thoughts guys.

I asked if I could collect and got "im working in scotland with the phones up here mate!!!"

So I have asked for a photo with the phone, date and my name.

Lets see what I get.

Jama

I have a had a few word with him and he seem reasonable so I may chance it.

If he does stitch me up though will I defiantly get my money back even if he has spent it?

Jama

If its open to all networks then its not brand new and unused he will have had to have jailbroken it and unlocked it, mmm i wouldnt touch it tbh.

mine was non jailbroken when i bought it and unlocked to all networks.

try AVforums, that where i bought my iphone 3g 16GB £275 about 4 months ago.

To be honest why bid if you were not sure ?

You had all the information there when you bid, if he is genuine then your messing them about.

I thought that when you bid it says that you are committing to buy so if your not sure don't press the button.

In my opinion you shouldn't have bid if you were not sure.

I don't sell on ebay because of people messing about like this

Just looked in the rant room. post 2 counts for you as well https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/232717/#post1723814

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest why bid if you were not sure ?

You had all the information there when you bid, if he is genuine then your messing them about.

I thought that when you bid it says that you are committing to buy so if your not sure don't press the button.

In my opinion you shouldn't have bid if you were not sure.

I don't sell on ebay because of people messing about like this

Just looked in the rant room. post 2 counts for you as well https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/232717/#post1723814
I know what you are saying.

When I bid there were only 2 iphones for sale which I thought was reasonable. After bidding and when I went to pay he had sold 6, so he had obtained another 4.

That was what raised my suspicions. I just wanted to be sure he was legit.

I have now paid as I'm covered by paypal.

Jama

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you tell us any more info on this technique mate?

Just have a look on eBay Italia, plenty of new and used phones on there. If your Italian isn't up to much then either ask on here for anybody who can speak/read Italian or use Babelfish.

Regards

Liam

I have a had a few word with him and he seem reasonable so I may chance it.

If he does stitch me up though will I defiantly get my money back even if he has spent it?

Jama

How????????

edit - just seen your last post.

Last edited:
Back