Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

which printer should i buy??

beezo

Inactive User
Hi guys,

looking for printer as im sick of goin the library to get something printed off.

anyway, the girlfriends dad bought an epson sx438w from currys the other day for £44. looks ok and prints decent too. compatible carts are £17 off ebay but im sure i can get one of those refilling kits. whilst looking, i see some printers can fax too which might be a good thing to have as i have just gone self employed

can anyone give opinions on this printer and anyone know if it faxes??

anyone recommend a better printer for more or less the same money? cheap is good but too cheap and rubbish is bad lol

thanx in advance guys

To be honest, and as much as I hate them, I think you might be best with an AIO printer + scanner + fax. Before you buy, check the price of compatible carts and continuous ink systems (aka CIS). For printers I prefer HP, but compatibles for Epson are generally cheaper.

After that you've need to decide if you want/need features such as wireless printing, printing from the internet etc.

Then at a later date, or as money allows, buy a laser printer for printing invoices, letters, envelopes and so on. For example, this is only £40: SAMSUNG ML-1860 Monochrome Laser Printer at cheap prices | Pcworld

TBH, printers sell cartridges. I've bought every well-known make under the sun. Now I just buy cheap from Argos and stick on a £10 extended warranty 'cos they're always gonna break...

If you are only printing infrequently and only mono then have a look at a laser printer or laser all in one. They start from £50 for just printer or £100 for all in one. Big advantage is that you don't have to worry about ink drying out and cost per page is usually less.

Back