Scotland 'Yes' vote means leaving pound.

ps, the rest of your statement is a pipe dream. The scotish pound ffs

fiver-rbos.jpg

Its only a piece of paper thats still controlled by the Bank of England, so it UK pound sterling

you see that's the problem here.

its "UK " pound sterling, but controlled by the bank of "ENGLAND"

its statements like that that fuel the push for independance

Erm, not as surprised as North Yorkshire shopkeepers presented with a Welsh £20 note pmsl

in wales m8, any bit of paper with a dragon, a sheep, and in some places LSD, on it is classed as currency :)

you see that's the problem here.

its "UK " pound sterling, but controlled by the bank of "ENGLAND"

its statements like that that fuel the push for independance

Why is that the problem, you cant control one currency from two locations???? or am i missing something?

If the scots want their own currency that they can control from Edinburgh then you vote for independence, if you want sterling then unfortunately its controlled from London.

There is one thing Alex Salmond is not and that is an idiot. Now if you called some of the top UK politicians idiots ie Cameron, Clegg, Miliband, Osborne, Balls etc then that I could understand. Have often thought the reason some people, both north and south of the border are so hysterical about Alex Salmond is that they see him as being too smart and possibly making them and their political favorites look inferior. If he was such an idiot then I am sure the UK political establishment would be queuing up at the border for a chance to have a live debate with him on the subject of independence. As it is not one has accepted the invitation to a debate.

I am also certain if you had a poll amongst UK political journalists as to who is the most capable and astute politician in the UK today then again I am certain AS would come out top.

Regards the British pound then it is something that belongs to the 5 million Scots as much as it belongs to the 60m English, 1m Welsh and 1m Irish. ie it is a british asset just the same as the dept is a British dept of which an independent Scotland would pick up its share..
If for arguments sake the Tory government decided to privatise the pound then the shares would be allocated to all UK citizens. If the Scots then decided to become an independent nation then they would still have their shares and therefore still have a say in how that asset is managed.

A currency union between the rest of UK and Scotland makes economic sense not just for the Scots but also for the rest of the UK. ie balance of payments, north south trade etc Undoubtedly any currency union arrangement will have certain limitations and restrictions for an independent Scotland and it will definitely not have the fiscal freedom it would ideally like but that would be small price to pay to have the power not to get involved in illegal wars, not to spend trillions on Trident trying to maintain a super power status, continuing free further education and adopting social policies that suit the Scots. This is what independence is about to most Yes Scots not about getting away from the rest of the UK people so if we are going to continue this thread please keep it respectful.

There is one thing Alex Salmond is not and that is an idiot. Now if you called some of the top UK politicians idiots ie Cameron, Clegg, Miliband, Osborne, Balls etc then that I could understand. Have often thought the reason some people, both north and south of the border are so hysterical about Alex Salmond is that they see him as being too smart and possibly making them and their political favorites look inferior. If he was such an idiot then I am sure the UK political establishment would be queuing up at the border for a chance to have a live debate with him on the subject of independence. As it is not one has accepted the invitation to a debate.

Why? its a question for the scotish people to decide!!!!! What could camron or any PM say at this debate that would have any impact on the scotish voters cause he is english not scotish after all?

The whole debate thing is to make whoever has the debate look bad in the eyes of the scotish public, a very clever ploy by the slimy salmond but total irrelevant to the choice the scotish people need to make.

I am also certain if you had a poll amongst UK political journalists as to who is the most capable and astute politician in the UK today then again I am certain AS would come out top.

Regards the British pound then it is something that belongs to the 5 million Scots as much as it belongs to the 60m English, 1m Welsh and 1m Irish. ie it is a british asset just the same as the dept is a British dept of which an independent Scotland would pick up its share..
If for arguments sake the Tory government decided to privatise the pound then the shares would be allocated to all UK citizens. If the Scots then decided to become an independent nation then they would still have their shares and therefore still have a say in how that asset is managed.

But its not privatized is it? its a currency ffs you cant just divide it up and share it around, its based on an economy and assets.

So back to my question earlier, how can you control one currency from two locations in two separate economy's???????????? Should the rest of the UK take up a new currency so you can have the pound?

A currency union between the rest of UK and Scotland makes economic sense not just for the Scots but also for the rest of the UK. ie balance of payments, north south trade etc Undoubtedly any currency union arrangement will have certain limitations and restrictions for an independent Scotland and it will definitely not have the fiscal freedom it would ideally like but that would be small price to pay to have the power not to get involved in illegal wars, not to spend trillions on Trident trying to maintain a super power status, continuing free further education and adopting social policies that suit the Scots. This is what independence is about to most Yes Scots not about getting away from the rest of the UK people so if we are going to continue this thread please keep it respectful.

No it doesnt, it makes sense for you but not for us. As i said nationalists are selfish twats

no matter what way it goes, and who ends up in charge of what, itll still be the usual corrupt bull$h!t right at the top. every country, every government, its all the same, just looking for a new way to rip off its own people. wether scotland stays part of the UK, or goes on its own, the 'normal' people, like us, will still end up getting screwed over

would you rather be shafted by someone from london, who you can then blame 'them english coonts' or be shafted by someone closer to home?

the country (the UK as a country, or the country of scotland) is fooked, just like every other country on the planet, the currency, wether its pounds sterling, scottish pounds, welsh LSD dipped sheep skin paper, irish shekels, chocolate buttons, or middle earth toe nails, is all fooked, so many countries owe each other so much money that nobody knows what anything is worth any more, the only thing that will end up worth anything will be bitcoins, and that doesnt even exist in real life

some of us live on 'the other side' of an imaginery line, sometimes this line divides streets, but, your neighbour is still your neighbour, will he suddenly turn into your enemy overnight based on what someone in an office says?

its all crap, from people at the top, trying to create divisions, whatever the outcome of this, whats the next step? the side who loses bombing london / edinborough as they didnt get their own way, and want to be free / stay part of the uk?

no matter what happens in this, scotland will now always be divided, those who wanted it, and those who didnt, those who got what they wanted, and those who didnt, and both will blame each other for ever

As it is not one has accepted the invitation to a debate.

No point. Why not wait and see if he shoots himself in the foot?

Quite possibly.

Indeed, true independence!

Privatise a fiat currency??? Oh sh*t lol

How? Again, what has Trident go to do with anything?

Referring to a post ^^^ there, Scotland can't TAKE the pound but it can continue to use it outside a currency union. How that relates to independence Lord knows.

But, as I posted earlier, it's mostly political 'flim-flam' in any case, takes the electorates eye off the ball and largely BS.

Salmond wants the pound for ONE main reason - he KNOWS people hate change. Now, politicians are mostly tossers in suits creaming a bit off here and there so it matters little to most people but, hey-ho, if the tossers are gonna scam might as well be Scottish politicians scamming Scottish people eh?

BUT, what if yer pint was paid for in EUROs??? Oh Bugger, now THAT would be a disaster, could lead to a NO vote. That's a change that EVERY Scot would see...

...over-complicating it people lol

And name calling never got anything sorted,not sure why any body who is not Scottish is getting worked up about this anyway, but then again I'm Irish and was once told on this forum that I should think myself lucky that the English only kept 6 counties

Sent from my 1080P-N003 using Tapatalk

Maybe with money saved from the scotich social benifit could help. We will manage whatever, we are even good enough to pay the debt you will leave us without spitting our dummy out as the Bank of England has promised. How good of us ay

You can leave with the pound but you wont be controlling interest rates and so on, that will be done in the bank of England, so effectively we will control your economy. You are heading for the Euro weather you like it or not.

ps, the rest of your statement is a pipe dream. The scotish pound ffs

Correct you'll have control of the interest rates - which we've always said you would.

However you wouldn't have control over our economic or policies which is why i want independence.

and we would not have to put up with the torys win-win.

You cannot control a currencey from two places. Thats why the scottish goverment wated a union to control the corrency and make sure one country does not outgrow the other. This was the smartest idea.

In any case, it'll be seen as bullying to the scots and more people will vote yes because of this.

On a side note does anyone know where you stop the automatic thread subscriptions?!

Last edited:
Correct you'll have control of the interest rates - which we've always said you would.

However you wouldn't have control over our economic or policies which is why i want independence.

and we would not have to put up with the torys win-win.

Errrr controlling the currency, interest rates and everything else does mean we will control your economy. How can you control an economy and set policies when you have NO central bank? Fairy dust my friend.

You cannot control a currencey from two places. Thats why the scottish goverment wated a union to control the corrency and make sure one country does not outgrow the other. This was the smartest idea.

In any case, it'll be seen as bullying to the scots and more people will vote yes because of this.

You already have a union what you want to leave remember ffs, and the UK economy is far greater than Scotlands so from the start we are on an uneven footing. Look no further than the Euro to see the results.

And what happens if Scotland gets into trouble does that mean the rest of the UK would have to bail you out? Will that affect our economy with uncertainty of the pound that Scotland uses. Its all fairy land stuff

Im not prepared to accept that and i dont think the rest of the UK should either, you want independence with all the guarantees of being in a union with the UK

And now we're getting to the point.

Labour want Scotland as part of the UK to maintain their party share. Lib Dems "group hug" on principle.

The Tories regard Scotland as a net liability, so why not wind them up.

An unholy alliance, all for different reasons. Interesting times.

I dont even think Scotland would qualify for the Euro zone tbh, maybe they could take the BitCoin as their national currency pmsl

Errrr controlling the currency, interest rates and everything else does mean we will control your economy. How can you control an economy and set policies when you have NO central bank? Fairy dust my friend.

You already have a union what you want to leave remember ffs, and the UK economy is far greater than Scotlands so from the start we are on an uneven footing. Look no further than the Euro to see the results.

And what happens if Scotland gets into trouble does that mean the rest of the UK would have to bail you out? Will that affect our economy with uncertainty of the pound that Scotland uses. Its all fairy land stuff

Im not prepared to accept that and i dont think the rest of the UK should either, you want independence with all the guarantees of being in a union with the UK

Your Missing the point.

With independance we can control all the things that we don't want from the uK - Such as the bed room tax, welfare policies, laws, taxes ANYTHING.

Compared to what we can control now? Our NHS and our roads? Thats about it!

We also would have a much bigger say on which government governs us. For example the Tories could kiss themselves good buy in scotland we labour/libdems/(the new snp what ever they become) will be fighting for the control. If we dont like one government we vote them out - Much better chance of that happing in an independent scotland.

Also,

You go on about we cannot control our economy, but yes we can. If the interest rates are control centrally, but we control taxes, vat, coporet taxes spending all shit that effects our excomoney. The monitory union was for much of England protection as it was ours.

Anyways, I hope the SNP come out and just say ram yer debt we'll have the haggis as our currency. See who back tracks on your monitory union after independence then.

Back