School runs

thats exactly what i said to the wife after hearing it TBH, they should need to prove they have somewhere to live or the worth to rent , if not just stop them, but it wont be that simple :LOL: ,

thats exactly what i said to the wife after hearing it TBH, they should need to prove they have somewhere to live or the worth to rent , if not just stop them, but it wont be that simple :LOL: ,

If you go to Australia you have to prove you have enough money to support yourself or have a sponsor and that is exactly what needs to happen here because, due to EU freedom of movement rules, from the 1st of Jan 2014 every Romanian and Bulgarian are free to come here (19M people). You can't blame the people, if I were them I would be packing now, it is the government that needs to change things in the UK to stop it from being the first choice of potential immigrants by changing the rules. That way some of them they may decide to go to France or Germany etc.... All the time the UK offers free housing, benefits, national health etc. to new migrants we will see a continual influx and we can't support it without; losing our standard of living.

All the time the UK offers free housing, benefits, national health etc. to new migrants we will see a continual influx and we can't support it without; losing our standard of living.

Too late for that mate, we've already lost our standard of living. Minimum wage is the norm now.

Today they announced that if you come to the uk you will not be eligable for social housing for 2 years which is a step inthe right direction IMHO.

Totally pointless statement and only made to catch votes.
We already have the regulations available to do this and more, that is that you are not eligible to get on the housing list if you have made yourself purposely homeless (and for us this can include having to sell up or losing your home because you cannot afford the mortgage).
If any of the migrants EU or other, had somewhere to live in their own country and have now come here then they have made their selves "purposely homeless" therefore they are not entitled to be on a housing list................but this regulation only appears to be enforced on the indigenous population !!!

Totally pointless statement and only made to catch votes.
We already have the regulations available to do this and more, that is that you are not eligible to get on the housing list if you have made yourself purposely homeless (and for us this can include having to sell up or losing your home because you cannot afford the mortgage).
If any of the migrants EU or other, had somewhere to live in their own country and have now come here then they have made their selves "purposely homeless" therefore they are not entitled to be on a housing list................but this regulation only appears to be enforced on the indigenous population !!!

That's what causes most of the resentment ! They get on a plane with nothing, and get off with rights !
These rights are no different to ours, but have preference for some reason, usually because representative
groups make media noise. In between business interests and bleeding hearts, the majority have little say.

Feel a rant coming on, so will stop here.

My son gets picked up for school everyday of a taxi along with 7 other kids he has slight autism, both me and the wife drive, but the school run gives him and the other kids time to socialize and have a bit Independence, I would gladly drive my son to school but they supply a taxi service and he enjoys getting on the bus with the other kids.

You really are Victor Meldrew, you have a cushy little job, stop complaining Jeezaz Christ, I cant find a steady job and have to Dig Garderns, Paint Houses, constantly look in the papers to find an hours work and your winging on about a £300 a week job for doing nothing.

Are you sure you did not make this post to brag about your cushty easy life LMAO

My son gets picked up for school everyday of a taxi along with 7 other kids he has slight autism, both me and the wife drive, but the school run gives him and the other kids time to socialize and have a bit Independence, I would gladly drive my son to school but they supply a taxi service and he enjoys getting on the bus with the other kids.

You really are Victor Meldrew, you have a cushy little job, stop complaining Jeezaz Christ, I cant find a steady job and have to Dig Garderns, Paint Houses, constantly look in the papers to find an hours work and your winging on about a £300 a week job for doing nothing.

Are you sure you did not make this post to brag about your cushty easy life LMAO

:lol:, TBF the price isn't that much out, i bet if i metered the job it would only be about a couple of quid a day over so that would account for the fuel usage, i bet the driver that does your lads run will be on at least £500 pw with 7 kids !! i have nothing against these kids, they are great & we always have a laugh, think you need ya taxi badge mate :LOL: always work for taxis , like i said in my original post it aint really a rant & i aint bragging , its not far off the price so just another job to me , just baffles me as to why the councils do it

:lol:, TBF the price isn't that much out, i bet if i metered the job it would only be about a couple of quid a day over so that would account for the fuel usage, i bet the driver that does your lads run will be on at least £500 pw with 7 kids !! i have nothing against these kids, they are great & we always have a laugh, think you need ya taxi badge mate :LOL: always work for taxis , like i said in my original post it aint really a rant & i aint bragging , its not far off the price so just another job to me , just baffles me as to why the councils do it

I wish I could get a badge but I have criminal record so no go I am afraid, and point taking with the above comment, you really should be happy you have a steady easy job though, I would'nt cut of your own nose to spite your face lol

I wish I could get a badge but I have criminal record so no go I am afraid, and point taking with the above comment, you really should be happy you have a steady easy job though, I would'nt cut of your own nose to spite your face lol
Luckily, there are still folks who would rather stick to principles than to their own prosperity.

Obviously, this topic pinpoints one of the many problems with education in the UK, which makes me rather glad to live in the Netherlands. Nowhere will things be perfect but you're half way across the country if you'd drive for 40 minutes :)

Excuse me for doubleposting. I cannot find the Edit button and I meant that in the Netherlands you would be half way across. It wasn't a seriously retarded misinterpretation of the size of the UK.

Excuse me for doubleposting. I cannot find the Edit button and I meant that in the Netherlands you would be half way across. It wasn't a seriously retarded misinterpretation of the size of the UK.

Don't worry, most of us are not that sensitive, it's clear what you mean.:)

If it pays you why would YOU disagree wit the situation?
Its either you do it or somebody else would come along and take your place, I know it isn't the best of situation and YES it shouldn't really be allowed but it pays you and whatnot.

About libraries closing down, that's not exactly due to this scenario it mostly due to technology change, everybody has an ebook reader, kindle and whatnot or people are just buying books online; just change in demand.

Back