school closures

jaycee1

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello everyone, Im looking for a bit of support,the councils trying to close our local school, its auldhouse primary,just outside east kilbride, if they close it there will be nothing left in the community, theres only the school and one pub in the village, the councils been lying to us for years saying they are going to do a rebuild, now they want to close it.
heres the link for the online petition

http://www.petitiononline.co.uk/petition/all-for-auldhouse-save-auldhouse-primary-school/401

Its time the government start keeping the taxpayers hard earned cash in the uk.

Last edited:
How many pupils, what is the intake like for next year, what alternative are they offering ?

And what's up with the last comment ?

just now theres 35 pupils at the school,the mother and toddler club within the school is full,there is no intake figures for next year due to the threat of closure,
there is also a new housing development(about 100 houses) currently in build only 1 mile away.The only alternative they are offering is another school outwith the catchment area as all other schools are full.

I dont mean to offend anyone with my last comment, its only my opinion that the government is wasting resources and money that should be used at home.

Be very careful about becoming an academy. We are looking at it for the school where I am a govenor and there seem to be quite a few financial issues.

just now theres 35 pupils at the school,the mother and toddler club within the school is full,there is no intake figures for next year due to the threat of closure,
there is also a new housing development(about 100 houses) currently in build only 1 mile away.The only alternative they are offering is another school outwith the catchment area as all other schools are full.

I am going to say, it is hard to justify keeping a school open for 35 pupils.

North Lanarkshire council closed my Daughters school during the summer holidays, there were sit-in protests, local paper support, many many petitions and we had loads of expectant pupils and parents even agreed to pay for the upkeep of the building.

They still closed it.

Sorry jaycee1, but your kid is gonna be getting a bus to school next year.

Back