satellite receiver advice...which is the best

AdieGee

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello All

Im about to purchase a receiver and need a little advice

i want a box which I can do a little tinkering with if I have the time but something which I can just set up and leave. It maybe that all boxes are like this and it's just the addons which makes the "leaving it alone" a possibility?

Any my help would be appreciated

With thanks

Adie

Personally I love my PC setup with duel sat card.

Obviously once its set up you can just leave it to do its job, but if you want there is plenty of room for tinkering, expecially when you put kodi into the mix

Hi

thanks for your response. Can you walk me through your set up? What sat card do you use? Is this a single or dual feed? What software do you use?

with thanks

Adie

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to ask...do you use primarily a pc for satellite broadcasts? Any experience of using a Linux based receiver?

Software wise I use OpenElec, its free and does everything I want.

DVBSky S952 V3 PCIe card (low profile) with 2x DVB-S2 tuner (Dual Twin Tuner), partitioned USB stick with windows software and bootable linux media center: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

is the card I use, a Nline is a bit easier to setup than a Cline but either can be used.

All our TV watching goes through it, about 50% is live TV and that is all through the sat card, the other 50% is US TV shows which is watched through the exedus addon in Kodi.

The other advantage of this setup is that if you have any other Kodi boxes in the house they can also watch the sat.

I had a DM500C years back but the PC setup is far better

Thanks JonMMM for such a thorough response. I have to admit the prospect of having a pc serving satellite as well as PCs needs is very appetising. I will definitely look into your setup.

Many thanks

Adie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back