satalite postion not saving

ooorye

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi can any one give me an idiots guide to saving satalite position.
I have a tm5402 hd, I have recently done a factory reset, since doing this I have to move the satatalite to recieve a signal then I scan for channels all is ok until I switch to another sat when the first scan is lost. The first sat channel I try to save is 28.2

Hi can any one give me an idiots guide to saving satalite position.
I have a tm5402 hd, I have recently done a factory reset, since doing this I have to move the satatalite to recieve a signal then I scan for channels all is ok until I switch to another sat when the first scan is lost. The first sat channel I try to save is 28.2
go to sat set up scroll across sats and yellow button save.switch to usals instead of diseq1.2. move the dish to that sat and blind scan it.then when all sats are saved you can switch back to diseq 1.2 and nudge the dish east or west for optimum signal level.

I have tried this I still have the same problem as soon as I change sat all signals are lost

We could do with a bit more info. Is the dish on a DiSEqC motor? And did everything work perfectly immediately before the factory reset, or was there a problem that made you do the reset? My thinking is (a) the dish and/or mounting has moved or (b) if using DiSEqC have you entered your lat/long position settings correctly? Did you set it up yourself originally or did someone do it for you?

Hi thanks for the reply
Every thing was working ok before the reset It did not work after reset
I have entered the lon and lat for my post code
I am usuing USALS
I move the sat until I have signal
If I do a autonavigation the sat moves back to its original position and I have no signal, so I just scan, every think will be ok if I have just one Sat (19.2 for eg) if i enter the satalite menu or look for another sat I lose signal and therfoore channels.
I had some one set the system up for me.
Hope this is enough information any ideas would be welcome

I seem to remember a similar thread recently- if my memory serves me correctly I think the dish was not centered correctly on the satellite arc, and the work-around was to alter the latitude setting, which compensated for the dish error. Perhaps your original installer did this to avoid having to go back to the dish? His settings would then have been lost when you did the factory reset.
Only guessing, but if this is the case you might have more luck setting up with DiSEqC 1.2- entering & saving each sat. position separately.

Back