Zgemma pixelating

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a H5 thats been fine but recently its started to pixelate quite a lot. It got to the point were it basically it pixelated to the point it lost picture similar to a sat dish would in bad weather. I put this down to server or signal strength problem but I then flicked it over to the Sat side of things and it was doing it on sat freeview.

I unplugged the cable feed to see if there's interference through the cable feed but its the same, I even changed out the HDMI but its the same. The only thing that stopped it was a reboot.
Any idea's and do you think a reflash from scratch is worth it ?

ummm might be right, it's been really strange of late as it did it at the exact same time 3 days on the trot. I was watching cable when it happened and I put it down to traffic in the area as it was 5pm. That was until I tried the Sat FV and it did it there.
Do you mean the paste under the heatsink ? or the box is simply overheating ?. It's well vented nothing near it but I'll try that
Or
Would a external HDD cause problems like this ?

Im just thinking out load mate things id check if your sure its not a signal issue.

Heat-Take lid off
PSU-Try Another
Remove any usb items.

Would the "ant power" button make a difference ? what is it's purpose ?. For some reason it was switched on. I can only think it was caught

question mate, do you have it on VM..if so has engineer moved your line in your box to another tap,, happens regular, or like ferret says is it faulty tuner, normaly theres a tiny resistor inside breaks down, under heat, it goes from main pin in tuner can to aerial port to vm lead in, if thats any help look to see if board in tuner is burnt or brown normally that resistor breaks down or also check can where vm plugs into see if its come loose wobbles maybe drop little solder around edge to stop it moving help ground port,

Interference sounds like crappy cables as they need to be top quality as like the splitter
Ant power as said was only to be used with aerial on roof dvb/t like we had over here many years ago thinking it was chorus.
Not sure if uk uses freeview and power ant?

Been having similar problems of late, Zgemma H5.2TC. Just watched Watford v Leicester and Fulham v Chelsea without a hitch. Soon as the Everton v Liverpool game started I had severe pixelation every couple of seconds.
Switched from Sky Sports Main Event to PL and the picture is perfect

I have the same issue.. been told its because I am running IPTV and Sat at the same time which the Zgemma processor cannot handle.

Sky Sports Main started to get quite blocky again now but hasn't yet reached the unwatchable state, been perfect earlier. Change channel to sports news and picture is excellent.

Sports Main 34.2dB -34.8dB SNR 85% AGC 99% BER 0

Sports News 34.5 - 35.2dB SNR 85% AGC 99% BER 0

Pixelating stopped again while writing this post and the dB has increased to an average of 35.5

Back