Sat Signal not being recieved but only on Freesat Channels

prag

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi fellas hopefully one of you clever sat guys can help me out. Last few weeks I have been getting the message on freesat channels mostly, "sat signal not being received". I have a sky HD box and all my sky subscriptions channels seem to be ok except for a few, but when I go onto channels like LFC TV and pop and Tiny Pop I get the Satelite signal is not being received. I phoned sky and they went through the usual reset procedure where you reset the system settings and signal testing etc, but its still happening. They then told me that they would have to send out an engineer which would cost me £65, i told them to promptly fook off and seeing as this seemed to happening on a few of the sky subscription channels aswell, I told them I would cancel.

Could any of you smart guys help me out here I would be eternally grateful if you could thank.

Hi fellas hopefully one of you clever sat guys can help me out. Last few weeks I have been getting the message on freesat channels mostly, "sat signal not being received". I have a sky HD box and all my sky subscriptions channels seem to be ok except for a few, but when I go onto channels like LFC TV and pop and Tiny Pop I get the Satelite signal is not being received. I phoned sky and they went through the usual reset procedure where you reset the system settings and signal testing etc, but its still happening. They then told me that they would have to send out an engineer which would cost me £65, i told them to promptly fook off and seeing as this seemed to happening on a few of the sky subscription channels aswell, I told them I would cancel.

Could any of you smart guys help me out here I would be eternally grateful if you could thank.
big chance it is the lnb on the dish m8,you can get a new one for about £10 on fleabay

big chance it is the lnb on the dish m8,you can get a new one for about £10 on fleabay

That sounds like a plan. What sort of LNB do I need chap? Its on a sky hd box so im assuming I need a duel LNB is that correct?

Just ring cancellations, you will most likely get an engineer visit for free. Worked for me in the past :) No point messing about when you doing need to.

Just ring cancellations, you will most likely get an engineer visit for free. Worked for me in the past :) No point messing about when you doing need to.

Tried that mate they didnt want to know so ive cancelled. I said I aint paying when half the channels dont work, they then tried to say I had to pay the 30 days due to the contact being a 30 day thing. I said Im not paying for something Im not receiving they then totted up some days and I ended up paying half. They can get fooked now they are about as much help as dog doo.

That sounds like a plan. What sort of LNB do I need chap? Its on a sky hd box so im assuming I need a duel LNB is that correct?
yes m8,you need a dual feed lnb,
but you might aswell put a quad lnb on
Genuine SKY QUAD LNB/LMB 40mm (with Mk4 BSkyB adapter) | eBay

there are cheaper ones but that one has both the old and new adapters for the sly dish so i will definatley fit a mini dish
hope it cures your problem m8.

well ive replaced the LNB and now when I try a new install on the sky HD box Im getting no transponder found. Ive tried various ways of putting the cables to the LNB but no luck, all I get is no satelite signal being recieved? Any of you guys got any ideas please.

well ive installed it and it works but im still getting the same problem with regards to channels not getting sat signal IE sky news and LFC TV. So IM assuming that its the sky HD box as its a brand new LNB.

I've had a similar problem but the bloody menu freezes and you have to turn off box at wall and back on to get it working again.

I phoned up the other night and I had a lovely guy out in India or somewhere going through all resets ect with me for 45 mins... guess what its still F*cked

So he suggested I call sky next day and say I'm gonna cancel as I would have had to pay £65 callout.
I did that yesterday and the guy who was in the UK has arranged for me to get a New free Sky HD box as it was quicker than going through all othe channels he said. :)

hey i had the same prob once and this is what it was it was the connector going into the back of the sky box the coaxil cable didn`t have the wiry bit touching the connector ,i know its not a good description but i think thats what give`s the lnb power?

hey i had the same prob once and this is what it was it was the connector going into the back of the sky box the coaxil cable didn`t have the wiry bit touching the connector ,i know its not a good description but i think thats what give`s the lnb power?

I know what you mean chap, I tried that but it was still a no go. After some mucking around and a local engineer coming round I got a another sky + box and all the cables redun and dish relined and a new lnb for £50. I would rather support local business than pay those robbing c u nts from sky any money.

Back