sat help for newbie

pazza07

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, I have currently a dm500c but thinking of moving into the satellite side of things, so I have a few questions, if anyone can point me in the right direction it will be very much appreciated. Firstly. Its mainly for watching the football on a Saturday afternoon, do I need a motorised dish? Which is the best receiver? Is the flashing of the boxes pretty much the same as the 500c. and finally the encryption, is it easy to do or a bit more difficult than cable?
Thanks again

Motorised dish is best because it gives more options, especially for football. Best receiver depends on your preference but dreambox or technomate lead the way.
Flashing of a dm500s is similar to flashing of a 500c and encryption is simple or harder depending on how advanced you want to go, but usually its just loading latest firmware & cam so fairly simple.

thanks for your help, i will look into getting one or the other.:Clap:

Pazzo

I put my DM500s and monblock 80cm dish in on good friday.....
The idea being that i could get a handle on it all and maybe upgrade for the footy season starting in August 2008. Linux was my big fear, being a windows bod.

So i got 19.2e and 13e, loads of channels etc, 3pm sat KO's, P*rn, latest Films with english soundtracks just from those 2 birds,
CAMs EMUS and Keys, its all out there. I'm loving the learning curve.

I'm well pleased with it...

BUT

Now i wish i'd got a motorised dish from the off
With CS (For later ;-) )the world is your oyster

This is one of my better hobbies

Got probably a clone dm500s (works ok so far) and 80cm triax dish and monoblock
My brother and i stuck the dish up with a compass and spirit level, worked 1st go! (Get mounting pole level)
So i was up and running for about £180ish, spend the extra and get a motor! I will be soon.

forums are great.. i have just had exactly that same question having had a tinker with a DM500c

I looked into this a little while ago and i reckon a motorised dish is the way forward with a cheery dreambox.. anybody know any good suppliers or kit lists to look at ?

:cheers:

Bob

Back