sat dbox 2

r374rd

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi,

im know about cable dbox2, but im a little new to sat dbox2. basically my m8 has moved from a house with a cable feed to an apartment with a communal satellite dish, he has a satellite point in this lounge(f-connector). he wants to sell his cable dbox2 and get a sat dbox2. is it just a simple case of flashing a sat image onto the sat dbox2 plugging it into the sat connection on his wall and then doing a scan?

also what channels can he expect to get, would it be roughly the same as cable?

thanx guys

If it's a communal dish then it's almost certainly pointing to 28.2e which is the sky satellite. This isn't hacked so unless he has a sky subscription, he will only get free-to-air channels.

as df says he'll only get fta channels inless he joins a c/s.

but i'd recommend him to stay away from a sat dbox and get a dreambox or TM-9100 (for the future;))

i got a nokia sat box, and with the c/s, got an 80cm dish with a monoblock lnb attached, gettin all astra 19.2 and hotbird, no probs, also added a standard lnb, (on a piece of wood on arm) pointed to 28.2, only thing is i gotta switch cables to view 28.2 as a 4way switch dont work with monoblock(would get lots more sats with a motor) old box's yes, but do just as well as dreambox.

also if u move the dish to either 13 or 19, mgcamd 2.14 and latest keys clearing some good channels at the mo.

Last edited:
Back