Sandisk Cruzer Contour 8GB USB Flash Drive £4.59 Delivered

Cheers mate

just ordered a couple cant go wrong at that price

:THANKS:

There are two of these on MSE and HUKD, one for £2.59 and this one.

General consensus is this is a misprice which will not be honoured.

I figured worth a punt mind. 2 x 8GB for £10 delivered if it comes off.

Just had an email back giving me a delivery date of 9th July 2009 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had an email back giving me a delivery date of 9th July 2009 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yep same here ! cheeky fookers !

No doubt a email harvesting scam, take orders... then say they will fulfill them at a silly time scale !!!

Fooking 7 months takes the jimmy riddle

EDIT:

Id say it was deffo a pricing error, and they are giving stupid delivery dates in the hope people will cancel.

The 4GB model is £15.49 so the 8GB would not likely be the price shown. I cant seem to find them on the site either now.

http://www.choicestationery.co.uk/Product.asp?Prd=22111

EDIT 2:

From their terms and conditions... under price.

4. Price

4.1 Subject to this clause 4, the price payable for Goods are as set out in Our Website;

4.2 The prices payable for goods as set out in the web site are inclusive of shipping and handling costs.

4.3 Consignments imported by individuals to the UK of a value of £17.99 or under are relieved from import VAT and duties under current legislation.

4.4 For goods priced at £18 and above imported by you into the UK we will, unless you inform us otherwise, arrange for VAT at 17.5% and any applicable Customs duty due on your importation to be paid to HM Revenue and Customs. This procedure is for your convenience only and is specific for the importations you make into the UK. This arrangement does not change any of the relevant terms and conditions mentioned in this document. For the avoidance of doubt, you are and will remain the importer of all goods ordered by you and shipped to an address outside Guernsey and will at all times remain liable for any import VAT, Customs or other duty chargeable thereon.
4.5 For purchases by UK businesses, no evidence of payment of UK import VAT can be provided or reclaimed.

4.6 We will, unless you inform us otherwise, arrange for VAT at 17.5% to be paid to HM Revenue and Customs on items or orders over £17.99.

4.3 Prices are subject to change without notice.

But think got us by the balls on this one

6. Cancellation by Us

6.1 We reserve the right to cancel the Contract if:

a. We have insufficient stock to deliver the Goods You have ordered; or

b. We do not deliver to Your area or country; or

c. if one or more of the Goods You ordered was listed with incorrect information including without limit price, and/or description for whatever reason; or

d. if We have reason to believe that You will not comply with these Terms.

Last edited:
what about there guarantee though they were in stock at time of order .

Same day shipping or have it for free!
We are so confident on our service levels that if you place an order for an item in stock before mid day we will ship it that very same working day - guaranteed or your money back. Terms and conditions apply, ask for details

Just told them to stick them up their arse total scam to draw you in and giving me a feckin delivery date of 9th of july next year cancelled my payment through paypal and have told them about the situation.

Last edited:
Ive received no such email bar order confirmation. Perhaps with so many people buying they have run out of stock.

Ive used these guys a few times before in the past and never had any problems with them. Customer service wasn't so bad either.

They cancelled my order saying tat there was a pricing error, got an email today and refunded me.

There are two of these on MSE and HUKD, one for £2.59 and this one.

General consensus is this is a misprice which will not be honoured.

I figured worth a punt mind. 2 x 8GB for £10 delivered if it comes off.

Suspicions were right....Here's part of the email sent today:

Thank you for your recent order via our website.

Unfortunately we have had to cancel the above item on your order and issue a full refund due to a pricing error and now insufficient stock.

It would appear that someone has posted a link on a forum which has meant an influx of orders for this item which we unfortunately can not supply.

Your method of payment has been refunded in full - you do not need to contact us to arrange a refund. Please ignore the order confirmation email sent earlier today indicating a due date of 2009, your order has now been cancelled.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused but due to the link on the forum we simply can not fulfil the order

Regards,

so where are the refunds then ???

I smell a scam myself.

They canceled my order hours ago, and I have been in email contact with them. Yet still no refund, it does not take 2 mins to refund through paypal as they send the emails out.

They are very cocky about the fact they are in Guernsey !

does anyone know if they are bound by UK consumer law ?

Surely law overrides their t&c's, they sent confirmation emails and took the payments, and have yet to refund the payments...!

i paid by paypal and have now opened a dispute

Same here mate, just issued a refund. Going back to my bank card though so no idea when I will get the dosh back, ok only a few ££ lol but its not the point

The MD is a arrogant prick btw,

Email Paul Andrews on [email protected] if you want some amusement.

Think hes the MD anyway, must be a mgr of some sorts

Same here mate, just issued a refund. Going back to my bank card though so no idea when I will get the dosh back, ok only a few ££ lol but its not the point

The MD is a arrogant prick btw,

Email Paul Andrews on [email protected] if you want some amusement.

Think hes the MD anyway, must be a mgr of some sorts

thanks for that buddy

thanks for that buddy

No worries, dont know if they are. But the twat seems to think that they are exempt from any laws of UK and Consumer Law coz they are not in UK.

surely there has to be some legislation.

Back